Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Crappy health care? Try again...

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...-clot-rate-after-hip-or-knee-replacement-2015

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pu...20/jan/us-health-care-global-perspective-2019

I also would suggest that you look up the number of yearly deaths in the United States caused by medical error and lack of access before you go thumping your chest on how brilliant our healthcare system is in this country. Additionally, I bet no one in (insert other developed nation here) avoids calling an ambulance because they've been stung by a $2500 bill in the mail before. You know what I've seen in person? People who avoid going to the doctor because it's too expensive. How many people end up dying because of THAT?

Yeah, sure, it's great. Just make sure you bring your family and friends to provide changes of clothes, food, any other needs the system won't provide. Like I said, I've seen it first hand. And in the end when the finances say, they will let you die.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because some people (reasonably) view mask-wearing mandates to be more about government control/social engineering of behavior than about public health.

For me, it is because there is (that I have been able to find yet, anyway) simply no scientific data that support the assertion that healthy/non-symptomatic people wearing masks has any impact whatsoever on the spread of coronavirus, and I inherently oppose the constraint/compulsion of otherwise lawful behaviors of free people based on nothing more than the offended feelings of the irrationally fearful.
    I think such confidence in the point about compulsory mask wearing in the absence of solid evidence of effectiveness, is warranted. I’m not as sure about your confidence in motives. If you have some evidence that “they” are making people wear masks as some kind of social engineering to condition people for government control, I’m open to seeing it. Otherwise I’d be more confident that this is more about human traits manifesting in reaction to these events. Some people react this way, some people react that way, and some in between. To me that explains it better than, in the absence of compelling evidence, that it must be social engineering.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, sure, it's great. Just make sure you bring your family and friends to provide changes of clothes, food, any other needs the system won't provide. Like I said, I've seen it first hand. And in the end when the finances say, they will let you die.

Yes, like the scene in THX1138 where the police have almost caught the protagonist but they give up the chase because it went 10% over budget

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Simmer down there, I’m sure this will all be repealed, along with the 16th amendment.

Is it ok to love your country and hate your government? That's where I find myself most days and I need confirmation that it's ok.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going to channel my inner Chip for this graphic

Ahem...

I'd really like to know how the details of this chart were determined. It is a general guideline? Or based on some hard evidence? If it's evidence, what are the metrics? What are the variables? Is it being measured and verified as we move along?

EcBOIINXkAA3CY4

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ahem...

I'd really like to know how the details of this chart were determined. It is a general guideline? Or based on some hard evidence? If it's evidence, what are the metrics? What are the variables? Is it being measured and verified as we move along?

EcBOIINXkAA3CY4

They left off the highest risk activity. Attending a Trump rally. They also left off one of the low risk activities. Attending a BLM protest/riot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Ahem...

EcBOIINXkAA3CY4
    Now do protesting the shutdown, and protesting racism. It’s obvious that they’re on different parts of the spectrum. I’d like the authors to take a swag at declaring by just how far.

Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West

Ahem...

EcBOIINXkAA3CY4

Based on this chart, I'm long gone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom