• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Researchers: Satellite images hint coronavirus started in China earlier than first reported

Researchers at Harvard Medical School say that satellite data and internet search traffic indicate that the coronavirus pandemic began in Wuhan, China, months before authorities alerted the World Health Organization (WHO) about the virus.

Study authors told ABC News that analysis of data from as far back as October of last year indicated a surge in vehicle traffic around hospitals in the city, a spike that coincided with a rise in internet search traffic for "certain symptoms that would later be determined as closely associated with the novel coronavirus" from residents of the city.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pt1lbBX.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A North Carolina speedway drew a crowd of more than 2,000 spectators in defiance of the state’s coronavirus restrictions after declaring the race a “protest.”The governor’s office had warned Ace Speedway in Elon earlier this week that a crowd of more than 25 would violate the state’s Phase 2 coronavirus restrictions.
    But news outletsreport that more than 2,000 attended a race Saturday night. A sign from management outside the speedway said, “This Event is held in Peaceful Protest of Injustice and Inequality Everywhere.”
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...5uowF8SDoH_36-LGPAVnGUGlp-3tPJSsYAPDqYBHpb2GA[/FONT][/COLOR]

This is awesome. Use their own nonsense words against them.

Won't matter. I'm not expecting equal protection under the law from the Democrat governor.

Boom!! Right on schedule. Democrats have become so predictable...

NC Gov. Cooper declares Ace Speedway an ‘imminent hazard’ and closes the facility

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Getting my COVID-19 IgG antibody test done on Monday.

I expect a negative. The only symptoms I've had were after an early January trip to San Diego. They were mild.

But I was all over the USS Midway in close quarters with more Chinese tourists than I've ever seen in one place.

It's a $10 test, figured why not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nationally, things pretty stable. There may be some hotspots across the country, but Indiana doesn't really appear to be hosting any. If there's any significant transmission among the protestors, we should start seeing that in the next week or so.

IHME updated their model last night. Now saying ~170k dead by October 1.

It seems to me that any second wave is being blunted by the mobilized capacity that was the product of the March shutdown. We really seem to be continuing the flattening of the curve, so that's good.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    An anecdote: I was on a call with my team from work today and nearly everyone expressed concern that we were opening up too early.

There were a few comments from people who were surprised more people at the grocery store weren't wearing masks. Some commented that a second wave was inevitable because there has been a rise in confirmed cases. Of course, I mentioned that when you exponentially increase testing then you're bound to see more cases.

My takeaway was that the media narrative is holding relatively strong. Folks are still scared.

It took a lot of resolve not to openly laugh at some of the comments I heard. I've basically been back to life as normal for the past month at least. It seemed so odd to me that others, who are relatively young and healthy, are still hiding in their homes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom