Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So if we DO see an increase in corona infections in the "peaceful" protestor crowd are there going to be
    conspiracy theories in the news that the .gov were spreading it in the tear gas canisters?

:popcorn:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My Saturday is actually Saturday again. Not much to report this week, they took me off working the cool thermal imagery/temperature taker thingee (split screen with a camera and thermal, set for color ranges dark blue to red) used to screen incoming employees. I suspect it's because I was having too much fun.

On Monday and last night IMPD was set up on the west side of the bridges over White River for the curfew. I was going west after 2000 so I didn't have to show my "I work in a hospital" ID.

One night in Haughville some old fat dude was flashing cars as they went by. Keep your shirt on, nobody wants to see that!

Same night a car was on it's side on Gasoline Alley. Guy was trying to rock it back to the wheels. He wouldn't listen to my advice (included: YOU"V BEEN IN A CAR WRECK, YOU NEED TO GET CHECKED OUT, and YOU WILL DIE IF THAT CAR FALLS ON YOU!!) I called 911, convinced the dispatcher that he would probably be squished under the car when help arrived.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @qwerty

Looks like Michigan only now started reporting historical probable cases, so the total cases in the US jumped up a bit.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    @qwerty

Looks like Michigan only now started reporting historical probable cases, so the total cases in the US jumped up a bit.

Great..... Michigan is a mess. I have a friend that works for the health department in Jackson, the testing and reporting is a cluster. The numbers are bad since they are counting individual test numbers rather than people. They went through their nursing homes and did two tests of each resident (oral and nasal) and if they were positive, that was 2 positives credited to the county numbers and if negative, two negatives. The presumptive positives can include "flu like symptoms after March 1, 2020".

Regarding Testing, yesterday was an all-time high with 550,915 tests performed. The positives were only 28,615 (5.2%) short of the high of 35,245 positive (14.6%) on 4/24/2020 No matter how much testing is performed, the positives stay pretty steady: https://twnwi.com/TestingStats.php

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cancel the races, cancel the fair, cancel the fireworks, cancel everything! I expect to see all the protesters showing up in hospitals with COVID-19 soon, or perhaps even keeling over dead… Where is the outrage and concern for the safety of the protesters?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Great..... Michigan is a mess. I have a friend that works for the health department in Jackson, the testing and reporting is a cluster. The numbers are bad since they are counting individual test numbers rather than people. They went through their nursing homes and did two tests of each resident (oral and nasal) and if they were positive, that was 2 positives credited to the county numbers and if negative, two negatives. The presumptive positives can include "flu like symptoms after March 1, 2020".

Regarding Testing, yesterday was an all-time high with 550,915 tests performed. The positives were only 28,615 (5.2%) short of the high of 35,245 positive (14.6%) on 4/24/2020 No matter how much testing is performed, the positives stay pretty steady: https://twnwi.com/TestingStats.php

That's interesting about Michigan. The more testing, the better IMHO.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you guys haven't experienced Covid-19 yet, they are giving it away for free now.

free.jpg

I think they forgot a word. :):

https://www.wishtv.com/news/coronavirus/free-covid-19-offered-outside-indiana-statehouse/

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    [FONT=&quot]A North Carolina speedway drew a crowd of more than 2,000 spectators in defiance of the state’s coronavirus restrictions after declaring the race a “protest.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The governor’s office had warned Ace Speedway in Elon earlier this week that a crowd of more than 25 would violate the state’s Phase 2 coronavirus restrictions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But news outletsreport that more than 2,000 attended a race Saturday night. A sign from management outside the speedway said, “This Event is held in Peaceful Protest of Injustice and Inequality Everywhere.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...5uowF8SDoH_36-LGPAVnGUGlp-3tPJSsYAPDqYBHpb2GA[/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom