• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know - for my age group the odds of dying if you catch the chinese virus is approximately 1 in 6 - that is the same odds as playing Russian Roulette.

And I rejected playing Russian Roulette a long time ago - for the same reason.

Depends on how many rounds you load... ;)

Well technically it also depends on the revolver anywhere from 5 to 8 :cool:

Just go with the .454 Taurus, 5 rounds highest chance, or a .22 for the lowest. It Depends on of if you're wanting to bet on yourself.:popcorn:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Talk about a high bore axis...

1311320.jpeg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Back on the Hydrochloroquine front...

A mysterious company’s coronavirus papers in top medical journals may be unraveling

Meanwhile, the questions swirling around the Lancet paper have left leaders of the halted chloroquine trials weighing whether to restart. “The problem is, we are left with all the damage that has been done,” says White, a co-investigator on a trial of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 prevention that was halted at the request of U.K. regulators last week. Headlines proclaiming deadly effects will make it hard to recruit patients to key studies, he says. “The whole world thinks now that these drugs are poisonous.”

Mission accomplished I suppose. A shame we haven't seen the results of a single study designed to test this drug using the protocol that was proposed up front- early on and with Zinc.

Chaccour says both NEJM and The Lancet should have scrutinized the provenance of Surgisphere’s data more closely before publishing the studies. “Here we are in the middle of a pandemic with hundreds of thousands of deaths, and the two most prestigious medical journals have failed us,” he says.

Politicized science is as corrupt as crony capitalism and both do incredible harm.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I called the Surgisphere-based studies agenda-driven pseudoscience at best, and fraud at worst. It appears that assertion is being vindicated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The downtown fireworks celebration for July 4th here in Indy has now been canceled. So, protesting and rioting = safe, but watching fireworks = not safe. Um, okay. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We wouldn't want to remind anyone about scary things like freedom, patriotism or America.

IKR?

We cancelled our HOA parade, pizza and bounce houses. But, up here in Vanilla Village, I was already expecting a low turnout.

That's all good, because I always had to get up early to go set up. Now, I can sleep in, and focus on my own party. :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't worry. There will still be "bombs bursting in air" at Casa de Eldirector. Pretty sure I have 48+ mortars in the shop. Will probably invite the neighbors over, since they will see/hear them anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fireworks retailers are rejoicing...

Oh jeez. :rolleyes:

The annual cleanup is going to suck. Cleaning debris from the neighbors' fireworks from my gutters, driveway, yard is gonna suck extra special this year. Maybe I'll luck out and there will be a strong wind blowing it back in their yard.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Every year, especially the dry ones as of late, I worry about the house getting burn down from my neighbors. I find those giant bottle rocket looking things everywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom