Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Is it violating constitutional rights? No.

Is it necessary? That decides whether it's a reasonable policy. If it's an unreasonable policy, I'll shop elsewhere and direct the family to follow.
    The theater of requiring a mask that can not stop virus sized particles is the equivalent of requiring people change their forum avatar to have a transparent flag over it after a disaster.

That is what I am thinking - I would either wear glasses if I wanted something they had or go somewhere else. Kind of like dining at a restaurant where jackets are required or going most anyplace where shirts and shoes (and sometimes even pants) are required. It doesn't affect my rights to make my choice.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

I looked ahead a couple pages and no one had posted it, so I went looking on my own. Oh well. Didn’t read ahead far enough....

My wife’s currently a preschool teacher at our church’s preschool... I figure we might as well shut it down. The way the rest of the staff has reacted to this ordeal, they will want to follow the recommendations entirely, and it’s not feasible, even half of it.

as for our kids in public school... no way to expect even half of that will get implemented with any consistency. Might as well stop all bussing. You can’t isolate groups of kids by class if you can’t isolate them on the busses (and 1 per row, skipping every other row is not reasonable).

I’ve been trying to gently prepare my wife/kids for the possibility that the schools will decide the easiest course of action with the least risk is to continue the remote learning through the 20/21 school year. It’s not gone well for us, and my son who was seeing one of his better years through February ended really struggling. And given that remote learning was the first bullet point on that cdc webpage as the lowest risk solution, why would schools do anything else?

-rvb

Our Mom has worked for the Monroe-Gregg school district for over 40 years. She’s retiring in a few weeks but expects this to happen for the exact reasons you cited. I’m happy for her; it’s the right time to retire.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What if a brand new store opened up and for some strange reason they said everybody has to wear safety glasses or some kind of safety glasses or eye protection, to shop there?
    (I mean just any old glasses - I don't want to get into two pages of defining "safety".)

Would some people think that is violating their constitutional rights?

I would think maybe it is violating rights under equal protection. Under When a "person" (ie. could be a corporation, a legal person but not a real person) applies for a license to do business they de facto agree to certain rules.

For example, today you could not deny someone service/entrance due to the colour of their skin. When a business opens "to the public" it must be, generally speaking, to the whole public. If the store were to require glasses this may discriminate against people who are unable to wear glasses (for whatever reason.)

Regards,

Doug

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    HZvJU7F.jpg

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yes, it’s the SDK that allows contact tracing apps to do their thing. Same thing happened with Android at the same time. I believe we have to install an app to activate it, but not certain. I need to look into this.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Manipulating the sample set to manipulate a person’s beliefs about an issue.

I thought only Democrats did that.

...but a meme so it’s OK....I’ve been told numerous times.
    Yeah, it’s not like a meme should tell an important truth or something. Yep. It’s memeier if it’s clickbait that says what you want to believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I pretty much hate republicans....almost as much as I hate the SJW snowflake Democrats.

I think I'm just getting old and despise almost everyone at this point.
    Yeah. Everything sucks. So might as well do something fun.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    You know what they say about playing stupid games.

I would not test that out unless you're a lawyer.

All it can do is tell you that you’ve possibly been in contact with an infected person. It can’t do anything else until you allow it to. I would expect such a notification quickly considering my lifestyle. Hardly a “stupid game” in my opinion. No matter at this point; the places I frequent either do not plan to participate or haven’t responded yet. So the rubber meets the road months down the line when it’s built in to both operating systems and available for opt in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why it can be safer being in public without a mask:

Wife told me that when she went to the store she didn’t wear a mask, and when people saw she wasn’t wearing a mask, they shot a dirty look and kept their distance. Cool. Distance is good.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    All it can do is tell you that you’ve possibly been in contact with an infected person. It can’t do anything else until you allow it to. I would expect such a notification quickly considering my lifestyle. Hardly a “stupid game” in my opinion. No matter at this point; the places I frequent either do not plan to participate or haven’t responded yet. So the rubber meets the road months down the line when it’s built in to both operating systems and available for opt in.

Oh Ye of much misplaced faith.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you meant I would opt in and falsely report being COVID-19 positive, I hadn’t even considered that. But that is a potential concern, I suppose.

I think you misunderstand.

There's likely a gigantic contract you're agreeing to, and unless you're a lawyer, you're not going to know just how severely it's going to bend you over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom