Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As a former soccer player and devoted soccer fan, I can only say that you suck. :) "Yellow flag" is American football. "Yellow card" is soccer.

But, to agree with you on the other thing, surgery and social policy are about as alike as American football and soccer. Football and soccer are sports. Surgery and social policy are decision-based exercises. After that, the similarities become few.

Oh yeah... :facepalm:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Aren't we just so lucky to have Holdbutt for governor, he just announced 30 more days of masks and plan 4.5. You know this will last until Nov. Rino following masters lead!

:xmad::xmad::xmad:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Aren't we just so lucky to have Holdbutt for governor, he just announced 30 more days of masks and plan 4.5. You know this will last until Nov. Rino following masters lead!

:xmad::xmad::xmad:

Holdbutt?

That's a new one for me.

And the notion that masking is a political strategy - I guess I don't understand who it benefits.

If it helps get things under control (or at least makes people think so), I see that as helping Trump, who currently is viewed as mismanaging it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So when the swamp does swampy things you think it is fair to blame Trump. That kind of thinking qualifies you for CNN credentials.

I think I'm overqualified to be on CNN for many reasons.

But, if the swamp is doing swampy things in plain view, the swamp monster deserves to be called out on it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is a federal agency under the Health and Human Services Department. There's probably an org chart available out on the interwebz, if you need it. :)

He's the chief executive of the federal agencies.

Yes, but did he fire everyone there and hire all new? If not, then it's a little disingenuous to call them "his", when likely most of the staff were there under Obama and probably well before that as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    sAcMDjv.gif

Please ignore that it's a football ref giving soccer penalties.

Great answer to a question you cannot answer...

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Define "to be done right".

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. There does have to be some pragmatism involved here.

The onus of definition lies with those levying fines and criminal penalties. This is precisely the problem. The force of law is being placed behind poorly defined edicts. This makes enforcement arbitrary and capricious.

Also, it is not pragmatism, it is authoritarianism.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes, but did he fire everyone there and hire all new? If not, then it's a little disingenuous to call them "his", when likely most of the staff were there under Obama and probably well before that as well.

Disingenuous, accurate.

Tomato, tomato.

:)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Being a bureaucracy the US government will fight for its own survival.
    Authoritarianism will be the natural, and many will happily say proper, reaction to jacobin-ism.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Holdbutt?

That's a new one for me.

And the notion that masking is a political strategy - I guess I don't understand who it benefits.

If it helps get things under control (or at least makes people think so), I see that as helping Trump, who currently is viewed as mismanaging it.

The contrived naivety is funny. You probably can explain it better than I...

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Holdbutt?

That's a new one for me.

I think he thinks it benefits himself. Not worried about much of anything except keeping his position, like most politicians of any political persuasion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then Trump's shirked his promise to drain that kind of thing.

Either way, he owns it.

You probably can cite chapter and verse of the civil servants codes so please don't imply that the President can fire them at will and replace them. By your logic Obama should have been held responsible for all the wrongdoing of the IRS underlings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom