Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ^this!
    Plus can we stop with all the NON C-virus chatter and funnies.
    2 pages of post of people just posting side bar conversations.
    If you want to talk about that go to the main breakroom unofficial status update or create a new post.

Seems like we lost smokingman already with his info links.
    It's hard enough to keep up on the real info with everyone else having sidebars in here.

You lost smokingman because some people were giving him a hard time about what he posted, rather than read and value the information according to what it was. He was very thorough about vetting info also, basically everything you say you want. Not aware of him ever complaining that sidebar conversations in any way detracted from the thread

People are nervous and a little scared and I think a little side chatter helps them blow off steam. You're going against INGO tendencies and my inclination is to say FATWO, or if you're too busy to skim the whole thread single out the people that are factual enough for you and put the rest on ignore. No offense intended

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who made you soup nazi?

It's real funny how rugged individualists can all of a sudden become more controlling than Elizabeth Warren and know what's good for everyone and how they should respond and act and look.

Nonsense. This is the break room and I enjoy hearing differing opinions about almost ANYTHING. Doesn't mean I have to like them or read some of the scary conspiracies. But, I can ignore that person or skip over their post.

Relax. We are in this for the long haul methinks. And no one is gonna march in step if they don't want to.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got this in an email from Harbor Freight, if any of you or your spouses work in a hospital...

Dear Harbor Freight Community,
    As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.
    So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.
    • N95 Masks
    • Face Shields
    • 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves
    If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to click here so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at hospitalhelp@harborfreight.com, identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.
    PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.
    For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.
    Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.
    Thank you and God Bless,

mail

Eric Smidt
    Owner and Founder
    Harbor Freight Tools

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here’s a question we could kick around and it’s something I’ve been thinking about ever since these lock downs have come into vogue: When is it time to start calling for them (the lock downs) to end? We can click our tongues and roll our eyes at all of the folks that couldn’t or wouldn’t prep. But the fact of the matter is, we’re seeing the 22LR shortage (post Sandy Hook) applied and scaled up to everything from fresh meat to cat food. This is dumb. It’s self inflected. Who knows how much long term damage it’s doing to our economy. (And eventually all of our preps are going to get used up).

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/1...depression-outweigh-the-risks-of-coronavirus/
    Will The Costs Of A Great Depression Outweigh The Risks Of Coronavirus?

Since I'm answering you directly, sorry if this breaks the 'sidebar rule'

It's a good read, though

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If I wind up clinging to life and they decide to hook me up to a ventilator, I just pray to sweet baby Jesus that it's not one that Chrysler built.

"I'm sorry sir, all we have left is this Dodge Ventilator R/T."

:):
    Give me the Honda Civic, you guys can take your chances with the American made Friday afternoon products.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    DOJ Begging For New ‘Emergency Powers,’ Extended Capabilities During Coronavirus Lockdown

This should scare the hell out of everyone.

the DOJ “has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States,” and that lawmakers are considering a hosts of requests regarding “statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted.”

The DOJ, in this case, though, intends to use coronavirus to make sweeping, perhaps long-term changes to the judicial system, particularly governing how the courts operate when there are exigent circumstances, like a public health crisis.

In one of the documents,” Politico reports, “the department proposed that Congress grant the attorney general power to ask the chief judge of any district court to pause court proceedings ‘whenever the district court is fully or partially closed by virtue of any natural disaster, civil disobedience, or other emergency situation.'”

“The proposal would also grant those top judges broad authority to pause court proceedings during emergencies,” Politico continued. “It would apply to ‘any statutes or rules of procedure otherwise affecting pre-arrest, post-arrest, pre-trial, trial, and post-trial procedures in criminal and juvenile proceedings and all civil process and proceedings.'”

Individual judges are already able to pause proceedings, as the document points out. The DOJ is asking that one overarching entity be allowed to make a decision for multiple courts.

Civil liberties activists say the measure is one step towards suspending Constitutional guarantees of habeus corpus, which require authorities to bring defendants before a judge within a set amount of time to hear the charges against them. Instead, if these rights are suspended, defendants could spend days, weeks, or even month in jail before being appraised of their rights or face trial.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That’s what really scares me about all of this... the amount of power we’ve already granted government in time of crisis, and that they are actively seeking more.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is there a way we could all agree to only post things from confirmed sources? We have enough secret squirrel emails from a guy who knows a guy who knows someone he can’t mention. I just don’t know how we are helping ourselves or others by posting these things. I mean no disrespect to anyone in particular, but we need to do better.

Psychologically no. We THINK we are actually helping by raising awareness.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here’s a question we could kick around and it’s something I’ve been thinking about ever since these lock downs have come into vogue: When is it time to start calling for them (the lock downs) to end? We can click our tongues and roll our eyes at all of the folks that couldn’t or wouldn’t prep. But the fact of the matter is, we’re seeing the 22LR shortage (post Sandy Hook) applied and scaled up to everything from fresh meat to cat food. This is dumb. It’s self inflected. Who knows how much long term damage it’s doing to our economy. (And eventually all of our preps are going to get used up).

The question that I have is why in countries like Italy the people seem to stay at home and have enough food and not be worried about anything singing to each other out the windows, but here we have Preppers telling other people that they weren't prepped and that's the problem. It seems like there's a real mentality difference between our culture and other countries. Maybe it's because we're a Christian Nation. Maybe I dont read enough or the right news outlets.

I do own Walmart, Costco, and Dollat General stock and am looking forward to earnings season and a dividend increase.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom