• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So.... It is garbage that bothers 97% of the people but that is OK because 3% make money??

That Sucks!!

No, No, No. On average, 3% make use of the coupons, which in turn helps make money for the company mailing it, which allows them to continue to employ people, aforementioned people being our friends, family, neighbors, etc...
    I have clients in just about every type of business that exists. I also spend probably $300K with my local post office annually, also staffed by real people. It's economic activity, and can be recycled. Doing our part for the New Green Deal, man!! You do recycle, right?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I also spend probably $300K with my local post office annually,

I have already suggested to my post office that they offer a paid service to USPS consumers to throw the garbage you're mailing us away instead of delivering it. They already do that for PO Boxes. No junk mail allowed. PO Boxes are $50/year. I'd happily pay that to filter the trash out.

It's not personal, but pretty much everybody hates junk mail and that's all pretty much anyone gets in their mail anymore. Regardless of my personal opinion, it seems your business model is going to get out moded when the boomers and their coupon cutting are gone.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    No, No, No. On average, 3% make use of the coupons, which in turn helps make money for the company mailing it, which allows them to continue to employ people, aforementioned people being our friends, family, neighbors, etc...
    I have clients in just about every type of business that exists. I also spend probably $300K with my local post office annually, also staffed by real people. It's economic activity, and can be recycled. Doing our part for the New Green Deal, man!! You do recycle, right?

LOL. So you send out garbage in mail trucks burning fuel to every house and people have to go out and get it and put it in bins and then trucks burning fuel come around to every house and pick it up and haul it to be recycled. Good God that sounds as inefficient as the government. But keep up the good green work. :yesway:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Italy is getting hammered. They're over 10% mortalty (creeping towards 11%).

Elsewhere in Europe, Spain is at about 7.5%...

Yep. WTF is up with Italy and Spain?

Capture.thumb.JPG.972fd3509b33b2d42a72ee64c52633df.JPG

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Family friend that lives in Avon, and his wife has it. She is recovering at home, and he is in hospital. They did not put him on resperator. He can not talk and breath at same time. They started him on Chloroquine and other stuff. Glad he is in Indiana.

Big pharma cant make any money on chloroquine when the powers that be want to sell you Remdesivir.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    AFAIK, the only treatment for Coronavirus is to treat the symptoms; drink fluids, reduce fever, pain relievers, and oxygen for those who have trouble breathing.
    I'm guessing some people either have underlying conditions or genetic predispositions to being unable to fight it off.
    Underlying conditions might include high carbohydrate diet (rice in China and pasta in Italy).

I have a suspicion that this same, underlying cause (i.e. metabolic disorder/Syndrome X, including diabetes, heart disease, and obesity) might be the reason for susceptibility among the middle-aged in the US.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I find it hard to believe that these hospitals are maxed out and one of Indy's busiest hospitals is super quiet, waiting for this to ramp up. I guess it's possible but not likely.

I had to take my wife to the ER at IU West last night. (She is fine, and COVID-free.) Obviously, I'm relating second-hand, due to the no-visitors rule in effect. But according to her, the ER was pretty full. Not necessarily at capacity/over capacity/overflowing. Just pretty full. I don't know what a typical mid-week night at an ER in Hendricks County during the tail end of cold/flu season is like, so I don't know if that is normal or abnormal. In any case, it didn't sound like a crisis-of-capacity issue.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Epidemiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Admits He Was Wrong, Drastically Revises Model

As I read this article, I couldn't help but harken back to the days when climate scientists' models were telling us we were all going to die too.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epid...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/03/...wrong-what-does-this-mean-for-climate-models/
    If COVID-19 Models Are Unreliable, What Does This Mean For Climate Models?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey ya'all.

Unfrozen caveman amateur statistician and hand modeler here.

I'm cautiously optimistic that today's numbers aren't going to be terrible. That would continue the trend of non-terrible numbers.

In terms of anecdotes of deaths not attributed to COVID-19, I can only say that this has been labeled a pandemic. Are all acute respiratory failures in otherwise healthy people COVID-19 related? Of course not. But some unknown percentage are. We can somewhat back into the number by looking at the VERY low mortality rate here in the US.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have some. What do I put it in? I cannot tolerate sanitizer at all. (OK, I can, but soap and water works better for me and for the virus.)

For what you need, use it straight like you would hand lotion. It's both anti bacterial and anti viral, used in hospitals for burns. Non toxic, it's used in cake icing.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have already suggested to my post office that they offer a paid service to USPS consumers to throw the garbage you're mailing us away instead of delivering it. They already do that for PO Boxes. No junk mail allowed. PO Boxes are $50/year. I'd happily pay that to filter the trash out.

It's not personal, but pretty much everybody hates junk mail and that's all pretty much anyone gets in their mail anymore. Regardless of my personal opinion, it seems your business model is going to get out moded when the boomers and their coupon cutting are gone.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, 35 years and going strong. Younger folks probably use coupons more than older, financially healthier folks. My Dad told me the home computers would shut us down. The opposite happened.

LOL. So you send out garbage in mail trucks burning fuel to every house and people have to go out and get it and put it in bins and then trucks burning fuel come around to every house and pick it up and haul it to be recycled. Good God that sounds as inefficient as the government. But keep up the good green work. :yesway:

Ok, I should have used purple on the Green Deal, but the USPS drivers and recycle/garbage trucks will make their rounds with or without my garbage. Or are you advocating for the collapse of the US Postal system ... Good God indeed.

I'll let this go after this because it's off-topic, but keep in mind that the garbage mail helps support just about any type of business you can think of, in addition to whole industries, like logging, paper mills, etc, which employ real people. It's called economic activity, which was my main point, and I'm happy to play a small part in that. For what it's worth, I've guaranteed my employees full pay and benefits through the end of the year, at least, and mostly they're working from home right now.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Everyone seems to be missing that a 6% death rate would result in a serious drop in consumer spending, which would itself crash the economy.

If keeping people healthy is bad for the economy, but letting them die is also bad for the economy, then maybe the economy isn't the factor that should be given priority.

So that just makes the choice between certain economic death and uncertain economic death. I'd rather take my chances with the virus

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom