• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have been using a neoprene reusable mask with N99 filters. When i have used it, it gets chucked into my cpap cleaning bag and "soaked" in ozone for a couple hours.

Quick research reveals that's a cromulent solution. Carry on!

However... I'll say this again: Filling your entire house with ozone isn't a good idea. It's not good to breathe, so nobody go out and buy a bunch of ozone generators and think you're going to disinfect your house. You will... and you'll die doing it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    SJW take:

ET9eq5_U8AAOWgo

Reality:

ET9eq_PU8AI9Ddb

Didn't their argument used to be that gender was a construct, software not hardware? So how can it suddenly be a 'gendered crisis'

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I took some cash out of the bank today. Without coming in direct contact with it, I put it in a large ziploc bag and closed it in with my Respify (ozone-making CPAP cleaner). That thing is going to come in handy. Might be a good investment even if you don't have a CPAP.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Because I pulled that link from the Google cached version and they only nuked it from the home page, and not from orbit... like someone did it in a big hurry or something. :tinfoil:

Never mind that stuff like the Internet Archive still exists...

Honestly, I'm with Hough Made on this one... They're gonna pork that bill up and sit on their hands until they get at least plenty of what they want, so, it doesn't even matter in the end. But, curious that link is spontaneously broken. I have no clue who any of those people are anyhow, other than the obvious honorary chairs and such.

I agree, the money for the arts is a small price to pay, if you believe this needs done now. I just hate that the rich benefit from this. There were several Kennedy Smiths on that list, and one of the Mars chocolate company family, etc.
    OK, so all that's assumed and boring. One thing that did stick out was the 1st item - Honorary Chairs. Why is Hillary listed as the Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton, and the rest are just Mrs. so-and-so?

Mrs. Melania Trump
    Mrs. Michelle Obama
    Mrs. Laura Bush
    Hon. Hillary Rodham Clinton
    Mrs. Jimmy Carter

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We had a few reports of doctors and nurses in France who had their cars broken into.:xmad:

Most of them have a card a a sticker with a caduceus on them with the mention "physician" or "nurse" on them.
    Some keep special parking badges from their hospital on the windshield too.

sefr_s10211_02_std.lang.all.jpg

Apparently people are looking for masks, gloves and handsanitizer in those vehicles, often also stealing the card to avoid controls at police checkpoints, since healthcare professionals don't have travel restrictions.

Not sure if it's a thing in the US too?

It's a good reminded to not keep any sticker or clues that could give away what's in your car (NRA stickers etc).

Medical kits, guns, ammo etc ... You can guess what's in a vehicle based on many things.

We had people trying to break into our local fire station as well, also to steal masks from first responders.

Sounds like looting. Shoot to kill

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I agree, the money for the arts is a small price to pay, if you believe this needs done now. I just hate that the rich benefit from this. There were several Kennedy Smiths on that list, and one of the Mars chocolate company family, etc.
    OK, so all that's assumed and boring. One thing that did stick out was the 1st item - Honorary Chairs. Why is Hillary listed as the Honorable Hillary Rodham Clinton, and the rest are just Mrs. so-and-so?

Mrs. Melania Trump
    Mrs. Michelle Obama
    Mrs. Laura Bush
    Mrs. Jimmy Carter

Because she held public office, I would guess.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wouldn't call it junk science, yet. :) As you (and they) note, it is a draft model that isn't peer reviewed. It is a step towards something more robust. That's also basically why they need to validate it with something, so they use the worst case Europe has to offer - Italy.

The point about the 1% comorbidities - at least they way I took it - was to have that as a placeholder. Change that number, and the results change.

Another inference is that there's alot they still don't know about how to model this. We just don't have reliable numbers. Well, the most reliable numbers we have from Europe are pretty bleak.

I would think that, since some rheumatoid arthritis and MS patients will have been on hydroxychloroquine regularly for quite some time, someone might check medical histories of serious cases and see if such people are significantly under-represented

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Mrs. Melania Trump
    Mrs. Michelle Obama
    Mrs. Laura Bush
    Mrs. Jimmy Carter

The rich already benefited from this, bigly. There's no question in my mind that the big money folks have money managers that were shorting the crap out of the market the entire way down and driving it even hard into the basement. When you have deep enough pockets, you can actually just make the market do whatever you want. Carl Icahn has made an entire career out of doing exactly that. That's why you don't see a bunch of wrist slitting from that crowd every time this happens like we saw in the 1930s.

Only answer I've got for the "Hon" is she's either an honorary judge somewhere or that NYC is as politically biased as we were all pretty sure they were. I thought maybe it was just a lawyer thing at first, but Obama is a lawyer too. Soo...?

Edit: Snap is probably right. None of the others were ever elected to office. Clinton was a senator... I just always forget that.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You've lost your sense of smell AND reading comprehension?

Go see a Doc!

The interesting and slightly ironic bit of trivia that they used to make instruments in Elkhart does not a point make.
    So I'm guessing your aggressive response is to cover up that you realize that.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Autoclave temps are about double that, and at pressure, which could cause some materials to break down.

Plus, something like my N95 filters for my respirator could handle the oven, but the steam of an autoclave would destroy them. So, good into to know!

True. Autoclave exposure cycles are at about 121C (or about 260F). They are used for lots of porous materials, including sterile filters for aseptic filling. I'm not familiar with the filter medium used in N95 masks, though. Maybe they could be bagged and 'claved?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Polypropylene melts between 250 and 350 degrees. Probably degrades significantly well before actually melting in it's spun bond form, as in a N95 mask.

It would be possible to lower the temperature of the exposure cycle, but not by much, if the intent is to get a typical 6-log reduction. (And the cycle time would be considerably longer.)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    True. Autoclave exposure cycles are at about 121C (or about 260F). They are used for lots of porous materials, including sterile filters for aseptic filling. I'm not familiar with the filter medium used in N95 masks, though. Maybe they could be bagged and 'claved?

I honestly don't know if I've ever touched an N95 mask, but the cartridges for my respirator have paper pleats visible inside them that I know wouldn't like the steam. I've destroyed some before just by sweating to death wearing one up in my attic (blown insulation... I only made that mistake once before buying the respirator).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No FJ1200 love? SMH

When I could bend that far forward and ride that way...yeah, although I prefer the Ducati.

But, my first ride was a BSA and then a Triumph.

We had style back then and open roads. And rolled up T-shirts, cigarettes without filters and greased down ducktails.

Ask Churchmouse. He knows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom