• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wholeheartedly agree with the prudence; I don't agree with the legality - in particular, if regularly meeting together is part of religious adherence is a sincerely held religious belief, then the state prohibiting said regular meeting together compels a violation of conscience for the one who sincerely holds such a religious belief.

[This^^^ might have a Rastafari problem]

Even Federal RFRA has constrained less egregious state action - on the basis that far less-mainstream religious beliefs must be accommodated - than prohibiting religious gatherings.

*.*

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    These are the people who want to run the country. The party that can't count voters standing in the corner of a gym in Iowa, and don't understand how medical face masks work.

Photos Show Congressional Democrats Can’t Figure Out How to Put on Their Own Face Masks

EU-D2bSUEAA4Pi2

Sheila-Jackson-Lee-1024x576.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As fast as this thread goes, we’re probably several pages past this, and probably several people have replied to this. But Imma say it anyway. This line of reasoning isn’t well thought out. I wish people would just drop it, because it’s kinda silly. No one’s calling it the “asian people virus”. Or even the Chinese people virus. That would be closer to something you might call racist, and even then it depends on what they’re saying. Calling it the Wuhan virus isn’t saying anything about race. Nothing. Race is not reasonably even reasonably inferred. So why bother inferring it when it’s not implied? I’ll cite two reasons:

1) people who don’t like the people who tend to say it, like to believe the most uncharitable things about those people.

2) it was reported on the news that Trump calls it the Wuhan virus because he’s a racist—can’t be any other reason.

Personally, I don’t generally call it the Wuhan virus, because that’s not the name the scientists gave it. If they named it the Wuhan virus I’d have zero problems calling it that. Naming it after ground zero is not racist, so please people, stop being so PC. It’s really unnecessary to bunch one’s panties over that. The only thing I would infer about the people who call it “Wuhan Virus” is that they want to note that this is where it originated.

No one’s saying that the blame for a virus is on an entire race. We shouldn’t have to be concerned that it causes some people to think conservatives are racist. Those people are idiots.

BA8A2473-298F-4705-90EB-B5A46BC2B552.jpeg

Puhleese!
    These last few pages are brutal.
    Hey guys, remember the 2nd amendment? That one side we’re all on?
    As this thing ends, we are going to have a void in our lives. Fill it with something that matters.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So of the three counties that remain Covid-19 free one has the temple of the enlightened eleven lions just saying!

I personally think that’s a good reason to join my religion (cult)?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 85922

Puhleese!
    These last few pages are brutal.
    Hey guys, remember the 2nd amendment? That one side we’re all on?
    As this thing ends, we are going to have a void in our lives. Fill it with something that matters.

That's why I've stopped trying to follow this thread. I pop in on like the 3rd to last page every few days or so, but that's it. I hear enough about Covid-19 on every tv show, every commercial break, every news story... It's gone past the point of being overwhelming. Sometimes ya just gotta take a deep breath and go do something else.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes I only have Whyler’s root beer

Useless fact Jim Jones used Whyler’s he was to cheap for Kool Aid brand.

True story... Jim Jones applied for a job with the Marion County Health Department. My dad interviewed him for the job, but didn't hire him because he though he seemed "fake". Dad always was a good judge of character.

And another useless fact... It's "Wyler's" not "Whylers". :p

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom