• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you keep calling someone "the black guy" after you know that his name, that doesn't fall into the traditional definition of racism, either. But it's using race to be disrespectful for no reason.

And being disrespectful for no reason isn't really a good thing.

So being accurate is disrespectful? Why are you promoting covering up for the Chinese that likely created this mess in several ways?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    And not just different vectors, different actual diseases (from what I can tell, so I'd be interested in hoosierdoc's perspective on that). Leukemia and bone cancer both kill people with cancer, but are different things.

[Oh, and I basically skipped every post since this one that I'm quoting.]

I believe Alpo is correct; ARDS is ARDS. The disease is the result of contributing factors such as sepsis, severe pneumonias and such - in this case, the corona virus. The disease itself is the same but the road it took to get there is, can be, different.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LISTEN TO DA MOUSE AND SHUT UP ABOUT THE NAME ALREADY!!!!! JFC...

Lets just call it Steve from now on? :):

Bonus points for doing so in a monkey voice.

[video=youtube;dARHo3MG81I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARHo3MG81I[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have some questions for you....

Do you like to live?

Do you want your family and immediate family to live?

If there was no clamp down and the general population was allowed to move around freely with nary a problem, then EVERY major population center would be like, or worst off than New York, the spread to the urban areas where there are less healthcare options would result in a unfathomable amount of deaths.

Hospitals would be full, busting at the seam, the infection rate would be astronomical, the death rate would be through the roof because health care would be over whelmed to the break down point.

How do you explain to a extended family member that you're sorry that their husband, wife, parent or grandparent passed away from complications of the Coronavirus because you're P O'd the economy has taken a hit.

There is no magic wand, there is no crystal ball to look at to see just how bad it would have really gotten. Would it reach the levels of The Spanish flu, we don't know, you know why?

Because actions was taken to restrict movement and the spread of it.

Too many stories of family and friends in New York who met for a wedding, funeral or event before the travel restrictions went into effect like the daughter who was a radio Journalist had a birthday party for her 90 year old mother. She did'nt know she was infected. Had 25 people at a church party for her. At least 7 people became sick anf two of them died.

What is an acceptable infection/death ratio for you. If left unchecked this highly transmittable infectious virus could have had the possibility to easily reach 50% of the U.S. popuation
    1 infects 10
    10 infects 100
    100 infects 1000
    1000 infects 10,000
    10,000 infects 100,000
    100,000 infects 1,000,000
    A Million becomes Ten Million
    Ten Million becomes A Hundred Million

We don't know if it would have reached those levels. WHY, because needed action was taken. The economy can and will rebound, the untold loss of life that this could have hit and affected would have been a
    generation.

If you was in President Trump's or a State Governor's shoes, would you be THAT one willing to take that risk?

In the famous word's of Tool Times character, Al Borland "I don't think so Tim".

Oh, oh,oh,oh, I got this one, we ban guns if we can save one life... That's what this is sounding like...

This is not a wipe out the population situation, as I understand it, we all are going to have to fight it to get future immunity. They said "flatten the curve", not keep everyone from getting it. That flattening the curve created a new curve of death that may not swamp hospitals in a few days but will kill more people the C-19 will.

If you cannot see the lies piling up take off the blinders...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe Alpo is correct; ARDS is ARDS. The disease is the result of contributing factors such as sepsis, severe pneumonias and such - in this case, the corona virus. The disease itself is thttps://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1164/rccm.202003-0817LEhe same but the road it took to get there is, can be, different.

Respectfully, I think it is different, at least in the pathology of it. (Probably not the right word.)

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1164/rccm.202003-0817LE

Not vouching for the provenance or medical mumbo jumbo, but:
    Attention is primarily focused on increasing the number of beds, ventilators and intensivists brought to bear on the problem, while the clinical approach to these patients is the one typically applied to severe ARDS, namely high Positive End Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) and prone positioning. However, the patients with Covid-19 pneumonia, fulfilling the Berlin criteria of ARDS, present an atypical form of the syndrome. Indeed, the primary characteristics we are observing (confirmed by colleagues in other hospitals), is the dissociation between their relatively well preserved lung mechanics and the severity of hypoxemia. As shown in our first 16 patients (Figure 1), the respiratory system compliance of 50.2 ± 14.3 ml/cmH2O is associated with shunt fraction of 0.50 ± 0.11. Such a wide discrepancy is virtually never seen in most forms of ARDS. Relatively high compliance indicates well preserved lung gas volume in this patient cohort, in sharp contrast to expectations for severe ARDS.

Like, it sounds like there's a differential diagnosis process to separate pneumonia/asthma/whatever as the contributor to ARDS.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Curious if anyone had seen this...

See how your community is moving around differently due to COVID-19

Our "friends" at Google have created these Community Mobility Reports that basically use cell phone data to monitor how we move around in public spaces.

I am struck by one thing; France, Italy, and Spain all saw MASSIVE decreases in public mobility starting early in March and now sit at a 90% reduction from baseline data. If you look at data from various states over here, nobody matches those numbers. Not even New York is close, at only about 60%.

If community mobility is a reasonable way to measure social distancing, they are great at it and we suck.

So why are they so much worse off?:dunno:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Respectfully, I think it is different, at least in the pathology of it. (Probably not the right word.)

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1164/rccm.202003-0817LE

Not vouching for the provenance or medical mumbo jumbo, but:

Like, it sounds like there's a differential diagnosis process to separate pneumonia/asthma/whatever as the contributor to ARDS.

I understand what you and the article are saying; however, if it is not characteristic of "typical" ARDS, then infact it is not ARDS and some other "syndrome" that needs to have a differnt name that will distinguish it from the blanket ARDS. "CoVid 19 ARDS"?

Asthma, Emphysema, Bronchitis are all forms of COPD, but not all COPD is Asthma, Emphysema or Bronchitis collectively. I would think this virus induced ARDS may be similar in as much as we are learning new characteristics of a current disease triggered by a new virus?

Interesting to say the least. I look forward to Hooserdoc's comments.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Curious if anyone had seen this...

See how your community is moving around differently due to COVID-19

Our "friends" at Google have created these Community Mobility Reports that basically use cell phone data to monitor how we move around in public spaces.

I am struck by one thing; France, Italy, and Spain all saw MASSIVE decreases in public mobility starting early in March and now sit at a 90% reduction from baseline data. If you look at data from various states over here, nobody matches those numbers. Not even New York is close, at only about 60%.

If community mobility is a reasonable way to measure social distancing, they are great at it and we suck.

So why are they so much worse off?:dunno:
    Look at South Korea. That’s a mind ****.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Doubt the MSM will spend much time discussing this but this is the tip of the iceberg; Illinois man kills his girlfriend and himself because the were scared they had Wuhan virus...

They didn't...

The death toll from the cure is just beginning...

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Look at South Korea. That’s a mind ****.

Wow.

I think they were the most aggressive country with testing/contact tracing and just locking down those people with a positive test or those exposed to someone who had a positive test.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I imagine that this is pretty dependent upon geography, more urban, more restaurant food, but that's just speculation on my part. Any information on that?

I have not gotten take-out food since this began and will not. I normally eat out 2 times a week (out of 21 meals) and that has dropped to "0", but I am amazed at the number of people who eat at least a meal out (or in, now) a day. This was foreign to me.

I don't have any numbers regarding rural/urban distribution of grocery/restaurant supply chain demand, but I suspect that you are correct.

As for us, normally we budget one pizza night a week, and one other restaurant meal (dine-in, carryout, delivery) per month. For the time-being, we have upped that to 1 restaurant meal (delivery) per week, to help support local restaurants/restaurant workers.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you keep calling someone "the black guy" after you know that his name, that doesn't fall into the traditional definition of racism, either. But it's using race to be disrespectful for no reason.

And being disrespectful for no reason isn't really a good thing.

I'm 4 or 5 pages behind on my reading, but I want to address this and move on. You are correct in saying, "calling someone "the black guy" after you know that his name, that doesn't fall into the traditional definition of racism.....". And it would be no different than calling him Red Hat or Blue Shirt. To refer to a person's identifying attributes in place of their name is not racism. "It does not fall into the definition of racism, period." ,R.D. I have lived and worked in countries where I was the minority. I (old white guy, for the record) know what racism is. I also know what it is not. I tire of crap that is not racism being misconstrued as racism. My Grandfather was a racist iron worker in the 60s. The only thing he ever showed me of it was naming his dog Blacky. Others talked evil of him after he was gone. I remember him letting me drive his tractor and teaching me to drink lemonade from the pitcher. I know he drank, but not around me. I never witnessed him treating another man with anything less than dignity. I drink lemonade. I've been clean for 26+ years. I enjoy driving a tractor. I treat people with dignity. If I can remember (I really try) your name, I use it. Ignoring a man's name is not racist. It is not polite, but not racist no matter what acceptable way you use to identify who you are refering to. The person I can not stand, I still refer to by his name. I do not buy into all the fake racist talk. If we treated each other how we wanted to be treated, there wouldn't be any problems with superiority complexes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dr. Fauci has been so wrong on several things.

He claimed AIDS might be transmissible by routine close contact. He predicted that heterosexuals 10% of HIV would be heterosexuals, two and a half times the actual rate.

In January he told Newsmax the US did not have to worry about Coronavirus.

He based his predictions on models then told reporters that you really can't rely on models.

I could list more but you get the idea.

Dr. Birx is pushing the IHME model which is funded by Bill Gates using NY and NJ data and applying it to the rest of the country. The good doctor is a board member of Gates funded foundation. Oops, think conflict of interest? After years of hearing complaints about doctors in the pocket of drug companies here is a doctor making prescription for the entire country based on a organization she works for...

These are just people, fallible ordinary people, with built in bias and of course follow the money, maybe personal but often for research that they make money from as well as get to do what they enjoy.

Are we just taking their word for it and shutting down our economy?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That is an EXCELLENT article and makes perfect sense to me. Understanding this should give hope to many people.

How do we judge the integrity or quality of anonymous posts on the internet? And via the wayback machine?

I'm sorry, but I'd like some more information before labeling that article "excellent" or even "trustworthy."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom