Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    According to the model, and considering half the cases are in marion county, 6% will be critical. That's 1 person out of 16 on a ventilator. I'll be staying home next week and won't be running to the store.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So instead of relatively safe, non-contact food delivery, we make everyone go to the grocery at roughly the same time to fight it out in the frozen food isle. And send another couple of thousand people into the unemployment line.
    [h=1][FONT=&quot]In 1906, Alfred Henry Lewis stated, “There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy.”[/FONT][/h]

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So instead of relatively safe, non-contact food delivery, we make everyone go to the grocery at roughly the same time to fight it out in the frozen food isle. And send another couple of thousand people into the unemployment line.

I went to Walmart for the first time in ages today. They make everyone go through this gate system and enter one door and exit one door. All other entrances are shut down. It would seem to me that more entrances would spread people out, but I’m no scientist.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I went to Walmart for the first time in ages today. They make everyone go through this gate system and enter one door and exit one door. All other entrances are shut down. It would seem to me that more entrances would spread people out, but I’m no scientist.

It's not rocket surgery.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Get them while you can.
    EUnQIIYUcAAEB15

Seems food should be essential.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Peter Schiff
    I keep hearing people saying,
    [/FONT]
    ‘We did this to ourselves. This is not a real bear market. This is not a real recession
    .’
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]You know, because we decided to shut down the economy. [/FONT]So, all we have to do is decide to start it back up again and everything is going to be fine.[FONT=lucida_granderegular]

[/FONT]
    This is all wishful thinking. It’s all part of the delusion. It’s not going to be fine. [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Because it wasn’t fine before the crisis. We didn’t have a solid economy. We had a bubble. That’s the problem. And the bubble has been pricked. There is no way to go back to where we were. It’s like trying to unscramble an egg. It can’t be done.”
    [/FONT]
    It doesn’t matter that the wound was self-inflicted. We’ve still got the wound.[FONT=lucida_granderegular] And we can’t heal it because we didn’t wound a healthy economy.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]They can’t save the economy. But they’re trying to save the bubble. Peter said that is a mistake. In fact, it’s exactly what they did before and that brought us to where we are today. Furthermore, Peter says he doesn’t think they can reflate the bubble again.[/FONT]
    It’s impossible. They’re not going to do it. They’re going to destroy the dollar in the process and we’re going to have this massive inflation.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular] Doug Casey
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    The financial crisis that started in 2008, view it as entering the leading edge of a gigantic hurricane. And we went through that leading edge and you’ll recall, it was quite scary and unpleasant in 2008 and 9 and 10. And we’ve been in the eye of the storm since then. Big hurricane, big eye. But now we’re entering into the trailing edge of the storm, and it’s going to be much longer-lasting and much worse and much different than what we had back in 2008, 9 and 10.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/peter-schiff-its-not-going-be-fine[FONT=lucida_granderegular]

[/FONT]

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Or July 4th ...or New Years day 2021.
    We honestly do not know.

If the RO has not dropped below 1,no one can call a peak.

yep, I honestly think it is irresponsible to put a date on the peak and a number on cases/deaths based on computer models. It doesn’t work right all the time for weather meteorologists/forecasters, it won’t work 100% for the government.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...e-out-about-response-outbreak-aboard-aircraft

The captain of the Roosevelt air craft carrier has been removed.
    His letter to the pentagon is now public(and zerohedge has it posted).

The Congressional Budget Office is now forecasting a -28% GDP for 2020,and it could be worse. Preliminary estimate.
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]The following are CBO’s latest preliminary estimates, based on information about the economy that was available through this morning and which include the effects of an economic boost from recently enacted legislation.[/FONT]

• Gross domestic product is expected to decline by more than 7 percent during the second quarter. If that happened, the decline in the annualized growth rate reported by the Bureau of Economic Analysis would be about four times larger and would exceed 28 percent. Those declines could be much larger, however.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Poor judgement from one of the few guys in the Navy that have a carrier. Or any ship, for that matter.

In his defense he only released the letter after it was made clear the problem was not being dealt with after more than 2 weeks of asking for help.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Peter Schiff
    I keep hearing people saying,
    [/FONT]
    ‘We did this to ourselves. This is not a real bear market. This is not a real recession
    .’
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]You know, because we decided to shut down the economy. [/FONT]So, all we have to do is decide to start it back up again and everything is going to be fine.[FONT=lucida_granderegular]

[/FONT]
    This is all wishful thinking. It’s all part of the delusion. It’s not going to be fine. [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Because it wasn’t fine before the crisis. We didn’t have a solid economy. We had a bubble. That’s the problem. And the bubble has been pricked. There is no way to go back to where we were. It’s like trying to unscramble an egg. It can’t be done.”
    [/FONT]
    It doesn’t matter that the wound was self-inflicted. We’ve still got the wound.[FONT=lucida_granderegular] And we can’t heal it because we didn’t wound a healthy economy.”
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]They can’t save the economy. But they’re trying to save the bubble. Peter said that is a mistake. In fact, it’s exactly what they did before and that brought us to where we are today. Furthermore, Peter says he doesn’t think they can reflate the bubble again.[/FONT]
    It’s impossible. They’re not going to do it. They’re going to destroy the dollar in the process and we’re going to have this massive inflation.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular] Doug Casey
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    The financial crisis that started in 2008, view it as entering the leading edge of a gigantic hurricane. And we went through that leading edge and you’ll recall, it was quite scary and unpleasant in 2008 and 9 and 10. And we’ve been in the eye of the storm since then. Big hurricane, big eye. But now we’re entering into the trailing edge of the storm, and it’s going to be much longer-lasting and much worse and much different than what we had back in 2008, 9 and 10.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/peter-schiff-its-not-going-be-fine[FONT=lucida_granderegular]

[/FONT]

Might want to consider that the Schiff guy quoted above has a vested interest in doom and gloom since he sells gold which, I’m sure he’ll tell you, will help you survive the coming crash. Just saying.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is no defense.

He can resign and state his case as a civilian. Short of that, there is the Chain of Command. The media is not in the chain of command.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My mistake on them being a part of the study,but they do not have anything to do with the Chinese.

On another note.

https://abc30.com/laredo-texas-coronavirus-wearing-masks-covid-19/6070888/
    $1,000 fine to residents caught without a mask in Texas city

And that was my mistake. I actually quoted what was attributed to the NYT near the beginning of the article, and they were quoting studies done in China. It aligned with what you were saying and I jumped to the conclusion that you were using the NYT sourced information to say they were mild cases. It wasn't until I saw your post saying read near the bottom that I caught it. The Vanderbilt guy is unintentionally (hopefully) paralleling what the Chinese are saying, but the evidence is mounting that they are wrong. If we're waiting for a large double blind controlled study, it could be a long wait and I would bet ethical constraints would not allow a controlled study when the efficacy of this treatment becomes better established

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not to be irascible, but there have been so many errors in the data cited on this particular disease.....on these pages, for cryin' out loud....that I've stopped reading any of them.

I really don't appreciate the scattergun technique employed here by some (not you). If it is worth citing, then it ought to be at least worth standing behind. Perhaps we've become too accustomed to citing bull**** in politics that we've allowed ourselves to accept bull**** on every subject.

tl;dr is that number of deaths in China likely under reported by at least 5X and cases under reported by anywhere from 10X to 25X. Some of the sources quoted are inside China

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Might want to consider that the Schiff guy quoted above has a vested interest in doom and gloom since he sells gold which, I’m sure he’ll tell you, will help you survive the coming crash. Just saying.

The CBO does not though.
    The Congressional Budget Office is now forecasting a -28% GDP for 2020,and it could be worse. Preliminary estimate.
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]The following are CBO’s latest preliminary estimates, based on information about the economy that was available through this morning and which include the effects of an economic boost from recently enacted legislation.[/FONT]

• Gross domestic product is expected to decline by more than 7 percent during the second quarter. If that happened, the decline in the annualized growth rate reported by the Bureau of Economic Analysis would be about four times larger and would exceed 28 percent. Those declines could be much larger, however.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In his defense he only released the letter after it was made clear the problem was not being dealt with after more than 2 weeks of asking for help.

The 'help' he was asking for was to be able to evacuate the lion's share of his crew ashore in Guam, leaving a front line military asset unusable for an indefinite period. I would expect any capt. or commander of any part of the strategic triad would get the same answer. If they suddenly needed to deploy to counter Iranian aggression, would we have to wait weeks for them to get underway?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom