Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Very good video interview with a doctor in NYC that has treated/cured ~700 patients with a 100% success rate using a $20 hydroxychloroquine/zinc/z-pak cocktail. The full video is 33 minutes, but the core is a 15:30 minute interview starting at 3:28 min.

[video=youtube;pPflhrcGASQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPflhrcGASQ[/video]

So how do we get these meds code to be able to bill at say $2000 rate. After all this is 'merica! We need to squeeze $$$ out of the patient. $20 is way too little. The c-virus is the all consuming evil. The :sheep: are scared. We can profit from this....

:faint:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can verify. We have been part of the homeschooling community for almost a decade. There are definitely some fringe elements. Lots and lots of good, salt-of-the-earth people. But it is a community that is attractive to exactly these kinds of fringes. (Speaking of which, the percentage of adults/children with gluten allergies in the homeschool community is somewhat astounding.)

I am a big supporter of home schooling and have been in that world since my oldest child started 17 years ago and will be in it another 3 years. By and large, great people. Solid people. Responsible people.

...but yeah, a small percentage, but much, much higher percentage than in the population at large are antivaxxers or conspiracy theorists or have gluten allergies, etc., etc., etc. Not so much with the vegans....plenty of bow hunters.

Before getting into this world, my wife and I were about the most personally and socially conservative people we know. Not anymore. In this group, we are the wild liberals.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Before getting into this world, my wife and I were about the most personally and socially conservative people we know. Not anymore. In this group, we are the wild liberals.

Wait... Before homeschooling? Or before INGO?:laugh:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The original Governor's Order choosing which businesses succeed and which ones fail ends April 6th (?).

So with the White House comment this weekend that we should continue Social Distancing until April 30th does that mean the Indiana Governor will extend his travel restrictions and shelter in place order? Or will be released from Double Secret Probation and allowed to open our businesses while they still have a breath of life, if we can modify for the magic 6 foot clearances?

Heard two second hand rumors that it would be extended. One from a somewhat knowledgeable source and one from a sketchy source. Anyone have the secret scoop?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I am a big supporter of home schooling and have been in that world since my oldest child started 17 years ago and will be in it another 3 years. By and large, great people. Solid people. Responsible people.

...but yeah, a small percentage, but much, much higher percentage than in the population at large are antivaxxers or conspiracy theorists or have gluten allergies, etc., etc., etc. Not so much with the vegans....plenty of bow hunters.

Before getting into this world, my wife and I were about the most personally and socially conservative people we know. Not anymore. In this group, we are the wild liberals.

I am not involved in homeschooling in any way, too old.
    It seems a natural destination for the antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists but are you seeing an increase in the number of "normal" people joining the ranks as well?
    That is what I had thought but don't know if that is correct.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I skipped the last few pages.

A few observations:
    - NY/NYC are going to get worse. They have only diagnosed a small fraction of the population, and I can't even see any real numbers about how many they've tested. That 30k vent number could end up being best case for them.

- But, that doesn't mean it'll get apocalyptically worse everywhere. Here in the midwest, with lower density and more practical people, we have capacity and we're likely able to get a handle on it relative early. Well, it WILL get worse here, but this idea that we are an "emerging hotspot" is deceptive. We're doing a shton of testing (which is good) partly because we already had bio-medical infrastructure here.

- The trendline for day-over-day deaths and percentage-increase in total deaths are actually shallowing. That is, nearly horizontal. Yes, that's counterintuitive because we did set another record high (nationally) in deaths yesterday. But, the point is that it is not as big of an increase as in the past. That's kinda the first indication that we might be "flattening the curve." Maybe. We are getting into the meat of the post-shutdown incubation/critical care period. We'll be getting a better understanding of how those measure may have reduced transmission.

- With so many people out of work, the charities are really ramping up. That's another part of Americana - helping our neighbors. Hopefully, there will be enough resources in those institutions to tide people over. If not, and the gov't starts distributing, that's a bad sign. Resource scarcity resonates with our reptilian-level brain.

Disclaimer: this post contains no hysteria or panicking. If you feel triggered, take 3 deep breaths and log off.

I for one think it an excellent post!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I dont read that guy in that way. I've been completely wrong about people before but I just dont see him doing that. I think the man has high integrity and professionalism.
    I hope I'm right, not to win, but because I like the guy and I don't want to have to change my opinion of him

yep. he's been published enough. he doesn't need that for his sense of self worth

Follow the money, or in this case where is it to get? Would many turn down $10 million to write that book?

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

But... NOT IN New Jersey! Here is a tweet from the governor, with a NJ type response:

attachment.php

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

One of the guys I served with who is now retired and working as a contractor was in northern Italy, but moved to Bavaria just before it hit. The situation there is not as dire (yet), but the Bavarian state government has implemented a major lockdown. I'm glad that Col. (ret.) C. and Mrs. C got out of northern Italy before this got as bad as it did.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It seems a natural destination for the antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists but are you seeing an increase in the number of "normal" people joining the ranks as well?

Seems that everyone in our homeschool group is normal, nice and respectful (even the kids); but we're not involved in social media so maybe that's where the crazy comes out. Otherwise they seem like concerned parents who want to do the best for their kids.

As to the Gluten thing...maybe after your kids been gluten bombed a few times at the cafeteria it makes you think about other options. We had other reasons to start and don't regret it a bit.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

All I can say is that the Co-op has steadily grown over the years. Have no idea what this latest mess will do.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This quarantine stuff has turned us into dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food. We are told ‘no’ if we get too close to strangers.
    And we get really excited about car rides.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    One of the guys I served with who is now retired and working as a contractor was in northern Italy, but moved to Bavaria just before it hit. The situation there is not as dire (yet), but the Bavarian state government has implemented a major lockdown. I'm glad that Col. (ret.) C. and Mrs. C got out of northern Italy before this got as bad as it did.

I had a couple of European work trips planned this year...THAT'S not gonna happen. Glad I didn't get there in time to get stuck there.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    We have passed their numbers and aren’t seeing anything like this. I’m not sure what the hell Italy did wrong, but it sure sounds like a mess.

When I was younger and living in Europe, the Italian government put the "D" in dysfunction. Although I feel for the Italian people, I suspect it is cultural and governmental differences that have aggravated the situation. Probably.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We have passed their numbers and aren’t seeing anything like this. I’m not sure what the hell Italy did wrong, but it sure sounds like a mess.

They bought into China's Belt and Road program...lots of ChiComs wandering around Italy. ChiComs = Bio-Weapon Dispersal Units.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom