• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I figured up between Chicago and New York City area, they make up 30% of the c virus cases in the USA.

also “shelter in place”, “stay at home” doesn’t mean confined to your house. You can get gas, groceries (or take out), and work. You can also go out and ride you bike, walk your dog, or walk anywhere open (even parks if they are open). It is nothing more then the normal in Indiana over the past week. It won’t be martial law and while you could be fined for unnecessary travel in some cases, I doubt you will.

It's like that over here.

Some people have been fined and arrested though.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    People are weird.

Kroger- bread shelves are completely empty, but the bakery area is fully stocked, including fresh rolls, buns, loaves, and even sliced loaves. Frozen bread section also unaffected. Plenty of fresh produce other than potatoes. Fresh meat section obliterated... frozen meat, fully stocked.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wonder if Indiana (or anyone else for that matter,) breaks down the amount of tests run with the positive and negative results?
    I think the stat is in this thread somewhere. Indiana tested 1500 or so with 200ish positive results. Here in Indy, they won't even test you for this unless they are admitting you...thus a severely skewed resut.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    People are weird.

Kroger- bread shelves are completely empty, but the bakery area is fully stocked, including fresh rolls, buns, loaves, and even sliced loaves. Frozen bread section also unaffected. Plenty of fresh produce other than potatoes. Fresh meat section obliterated... frozen meat, fully stocked.
    Even in a 'crisis' people can't think outside the box or make sacrifices. Few days ago I was in the bread aisle and there was a grown man whining and wailing that there was 'no bread'. There were probably at least 30 loaves of oat bread and rye bread. Beautiful big loaves. But 'no bread'.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    People are weird.

Add to that, the couple of times I sent to Meijer in the last 10 days all the meat cases were empty except for steaks and bacon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't know I was a civil liberties activist. A 2A advocate, but yeah this does scare me.

Civil liberties activists say the measure is one step towards suspending Constitutional guarantees of habeus corpus, which require authorities to bring defendants before a judge within a set amount of time to hear the charges against them. Instead, if these rights are suspended, defendants could spend days, weeks, or even month in jail before being appraised of their rights or face trial.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Everyone's bored.
    Seems my sub time prepared me for something.
    Except, I'm still working.

We're not even making the exotic steels used in auto safety cages.
    Not a lot of orders for that.
    We are making steel for cans.
    Less money. But still more profitable than the lower grades.

Just curious....

At home do you have a pantry to store all your apocalyptic goods or do you spread it out in the walkways so you can step all over your food like the good old days in the sub?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Looks like I have a sister-in-law in the hospital with symptoms in Cincinnati. No test available for her yet, but the doctor thinks Covid-19 is a near certainty.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So a pandemic, meteor hit, volcanic event, so on are real things that have and will happen. Our daily secure life’s can be turned on its head in a second. So during a event not everyone lives has nothing to do with if you deserve or desire life has more to do with your immune system and ability to fight off the virus.
    We (America) have faced a pandemic that was much worse and survived Spanish flu 1918. It’s not a collapse of a nation or civilization but IMO a wake up call for some to have basic preps and such. Not everyone will make it to the other side events like this should shine a light on some individuals that life is fragile and not a guarantee.
    Value everyday you get and don’t be afraid to wake up ready to die.

Well said! I appreciate your comments muchly, b/c of the frame of reference I bring to it.
    B/C of health issues & ensuing repeatable infections requiring hospitalizations and the miracle of antibiotics, or I wouldn't be alive.
    This started at age 13, and I have always been grateful to just not be in pain; I did not take it for granted.
    It has shaped my life. I'm more grateful for the basics than most.
    The Doctors told me at 13 that my leg would have to be amputated as an adult b/c of the infections.
    67 yrs. old now, and I'm grateful to still have both legs.
    I nearly died in the hospital once at 14 yrs. old.
    I never forgot these things, but embraced them and make the most of whatever I was doing at 110 mph..
    This 110 mph going after life has even survived to be applied to this gun hobby I started nearly 3 yrs. ago.

I apply all this "life experience" toward the Coronavirus.

I love your last statement: "Value everyday you get and don’t be afraid to wake up ready to die."
    Sums up exactly what I believe & how I live. :oldwise:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom