• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Next session, if it is introduced again, we need to up the ante. Petition along with individual letters. Public relations. Writing the news stations for coverage. Marches on the capitol. We need to make our voices heard, to not only the reps but the public as well. Get people aho don't follow the legislative session to hear what is happening. Take a petition to the march on the capitol.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Next session, if it is introduced again, we need to up the ante. Petition along with individual letters. Public relations. Writing the news stations for coverage. Marches on the capitol. We need to make our voices heard, to not only the reps but the public as well. Get people aho don't follow the legislative session to hear what is happening. Take a petition to the march on the capitol.

I bet Gregg won't sign it, even if it gets through the legislature.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    At that point, we remind who his constituents are and what we want.

I've even got our chant organized.

What do we want?
    Constitutional carry.
    When do we want it?
    201 years ago!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At that point, we remind who his constituents are and what we want.

I've even got our chant organized.

What do we want?
    Constitutional carry.
    When do we want it?
    201 years ago!

I like it!

I guess at this point we're like the Cubs waiting for next year. The means to put people in front of the capitol (it is the Information Age after all) and we have an inside track to the media with Guy. This can happen.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The only animated supporters of this bill that I have seen are right here in this thread. Everything the news reported on the bill made it sound silly. The governor sounded like he could take it or leave it. The only positive coverage I heard of the bill was Mr Lucas on Guy Relford's "Gun Guy" radio show. All respect to Mr Lucas, but he sounded pretty bland on the bill's chances as if "ho hum."

Who is selling passable gun bills for us? Who is representing gun owners to our legislature, the press and the public?

Well, that is supposed to be the NRA. Where were they? The crickets are awfully loud.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, that is supposed to be the NRA. Where were they? The crickets are awfully loud.
    The NRA would probably be more likely to listen to people who let their memberships lapse and dangle re-upping in front of them. Something lifetime members can't do.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

There's a reason I haven't joined the NRA. Once they can prove that National doesn't mean "the entire country" but instead "every state in the country" I will join. They haven't stood up for me, why should I support them?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There's a reason I haven't joined the NRA. Once they can prove that National doesn't mean "the entire country" but instead "every state in the country" I will join. They haven't stood up for me, why should I support them?

And here I thought I was rough and critical on the NRA, and all that I am holding out for is to see them get more aggressive than to try to maintain the status quo indefinitely plus or minus a couple of percentage points while sending out panhandling letters screaming that the sky is falling.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I asked them yesterday. I'm sure it will warm the cockles of your heart, as it did mine, to know "The NRA-ILA is aware of this legislation and we are working towards these and many other provisions to protect firearm owners throughout the state."

Sounds like it's a done deal to me...how about anybody else?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    <deleted a bunch of stuff that would just tick people off>

I suspect the 'evil, worthless' NRA is focused on the white house right now and ultimately the supreme court. 2A is screwed if the Supreme Court heads left. You'll see all sorts of gun bills, bad gun bills, go through in Blue states and make it to the SC and the 'law of the land' will be anti-2A precedent.

CC was dead in Indiana as shown by Pence and Bosma initially...it was a waste of resources to Bloomberg to try to stop it and the NRA to try to push it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    <deleted a bunch of stuff that would just tick people off>

I suspect the 'evil, worthless' NRA is focused on the white house right now and ultimately the supreme court. 2A is screwed if the Supreme Court heads left. You'll see all sorts of gun bills, bad gun bills, go through in Blue states and make it to the SC and the 'law of the land' will be anti-2A precedent.

CC was dead in Indiana as shown by Pence and Bosma initially...it was a waste of resources to Bloomberg to try to stop it and the NRA to try to push it.

I can agree that making this 'ground zero' would not be a good investment of finite resources. On the other hand, a nice letter asking the applicable legislators if they would like their NRA A ratings demoted to C or so may have made a difference.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    And here I thought I was rough and critical on the NRA, and all that I am holding out for is to see them get more aggressive than to try to maintain the status quo indefinitely plus or minus a couple of percentage points while sending out panhandling letters screaming that the sky is falling.
    There are multiple other gun rights groups that have voices in multiple states. I have thought about joining all of them, but when it comes time that we need a voice to bring attention to a subject, it's all crickets. I can hold my membership until they're willing to be a voice.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This bill was put on a golden platter by the author, to be passed by 73 NRA "A" rated members in the House and 36 in the Senate and to be signed by a governor that wraps himself in the 2nd Amendment, when convenient. I know for a fact that the author did over 36 interviews in one week; television, newspaper, radio, college newspapers and even was in the New York Times with this bill. Governor Pence's office OFFICIAL STANCE on this issue was that they weren't taking sides when this issue was brought to the direct attention of his staff!
    These are the facts, do with them what you will ...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This bill was put on a golden platter by the author, to be passed by 73 NRA "A" rated members in the House and 36 in the Senate and to be signed by a governor that wraps himself in the 2nd Amendment, when convenient. I know for a fact that the author did over 36 interviews in one week; television, newspaper, radio, college newspapers and even was in the New York Times with this bill. Governor Pence's office OFFICIAL STANCE on this issue was that they weren't taking sides when this issue was brought to the direct attention of his staff!

I very plainly told the responsible parties that putting this legislation on Pence's desk was the cost of my continuing to vote R in state elections. They hoisted their middle fingers at me, so they can rest assured that I will return the favor.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I heard a 'quote' that I didn't corroborate on the radio saying Pence said "I think Indiana has a good framework of gun laws already". That, to me, if not official is the man himself saying 'meh, I think its pointless, I don't care'. Maybe that was taken out of context...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I heard a 'quote' that I didn't corroborate on the radio saying Pence said "I think Indiana has a good framework of gun laws already". That, to me, if not official is the man himself saying 'meh, I think its pointless, I don't care'. Maybe that was taken out of context...

That seems to jibe with the my perceptions of Pence thus far. I think he got his pecker bruised by the gaystopo in the RFRA debacle. I think he mostly wants to sign state bug kinds of bills until after the election.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That seems to jibe with the my perceptions of Pence thus far. I think he got his pecker bruised by the gaystopo in the RFRA debacle. I think he mostly wants to sign state bug kinds of bills until after the election.

Good luck with that Mike, you know, pissing off the people you expect to show up to vote for you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An old Fudd told me today that those of us who support bills like this are "fringe". I doubt the principle officials are all that worried about missing a few "fringe" votes. He's probably right. If we had better numbers than "fringe", Pence might be losing some sleep over the decision he'd have to make: risk more mob-shaming even closer to the election or risk pissing off your base?

How many Indiana Republican gun owners will not vote for Republicans just because this bill got scuttled?

Top Bottom