• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    This is my fear, also - and my biggest doubt about Ballard: he has shown zero willingness to take a chance on a RD1 QB, which is why we've been stuck on the vet-retread-QB carousel since Luck left.
    I hope he isn't willing to settle for Levis. He reminds me too much of Jacob Eason. He seems to have all the physical traits but makes a lot of bad decisions.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Completely forgot about that guy. Not saying there's anyone of that caliber this year, just that they stuck by him through a rough couple of seasons, if I remember right.

Crazy part is, Luck’s worst seasons would be better than anything the Colts have had the last four years. Even the 11-5 season with Rivers, I think that was Luck’s floor. With a halfway competent roster and a full healthy season, no way Luck wins less than 10 games.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    remaking the colts needs to start at the top. irsay is a disgrace and has been his whole worthless life. if any of us had been arrested with pounds of illegal drugs and falling down drunk like he was, why we'd have been in prison for 40 yrs. he got off with a misdemeanor.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Neither Manning or Luck won a national title at the collegiate level, but they had in common that they elevated the play of the team that they were on.

Young worries me in that regard, he was on the best program in the country but failed to even win his own conference the last two years. Worse yet, they really weren't even a contender this year. He seems to be a great guy, but I don't know. I wouldn't trade up just to get him.

I think they need to find a guy that has the physical skills, but also has a record of making his team much better than it would be otherwise. I like Hooker in that regard even though the ACL is an issue.
    Young/Bama won the SEC championship against GA the season before this one. GA beat them in the Championship.

That said, I also like Hooker, and if he recovers well, may be better suited to deal with lack of a good O line, and the punishment he'll have to handle as a Colt's QB.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    remaking the colts needs to start at the top. irsay is a disgrace and has been his whole worthless life. if any of us had been arrested with pounds of illegal drugs and falling down drunk like he was, why we'd have been in prison for 40 yrs. he got off with a misdemeanor.
    Then go start an Irsay sucks thread. Maybe we should send all the investigative reporters in Indy to go trough your life? I am sure you have never done anything wrong in your life, but feel good casting stones at others. Got proof of “pounds of illegal drugs”? I don’t believe he was drunk either, maybe under the influence of prescription drugs but not drunk.

Then you go on to smear the prosecutors office.

“Andre Miksha, the Hamilton County chief deputy prosecutor, said Irsay's case wasn't handled differently than the 1,100 intoxicated driving cases the office handles each year.”

I believe that because if they did special favors here they would be blasted in the next election…

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    What exactly would that accomplish? How would that get Indy another SB win? Heck, how would that help get a franchise QB?
    One of his favorite things to brag about is the highest paid player in ‘X’ position. Not the whole picture.

His daughter ran the team better when he got suspended for a year due to his drug use

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    His daughter ran the team better when he got suspended for a year due to his drug use
    It is sad to me to see incorrect information used to bash an individual, not their work, or their results, their personal life. Irsay was never suspended for a year, it was for six games. So he did what an owner does up until the season started then had to leave the facilities for six weeks.

In that time under the watch of the daughter, she did not hire a GM, coach, and likely did not even sign a player. What did she do to earn this admiration?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    What results? He got lucky with the right combination but not since. If he ran the front office operations well you’d have consistent results. As much as people hate on the Patriots they have a great front office. They’ve gotten players to agree to less money to play there.

We have to pay them more than anyone else to play here. He was on probation a year, I mixed up the court and NFL punishment. He still needs to step down. He can still be the owner and put some tepee in charge of day to day stuff

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I know the Colts suck, but next year’s schedule doesn’t look terribly daunting on paper. Other than the Bengals, all of the other opponents are just meh. Like who are you truly scared of on this list? The Ravens maybe? Who will be the quarterback in Tampa? Saints? Falcons? :dunno:

9F9BC3D7-295E-4142-832B-8BF67D77A194.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know the Colts suck, but next year’s schedule doesn’t look terribly daunting on paper. Other than the Bengals, all of the other opponents are just meh. Like who are you truly scared of on this list? The Ravens maybe? Who will be the quarterback in Tampa? Saints? Falcons? :dunno:

View attachment 247313
    That sure looks like a favorable schedule, only 4 playoff teams, and since there will always be a minimum of three that is good for a rebuilding team…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That sure looks like a favorable schedule, only 4 playoff teams, and since there will always be a minimum of three that is good for a rebuilding team…

I think Jacksonville takes another step and they’ll be the team to beat in the AFC South.

I can’t imagine that the Titans will run it back for the hundredth time with Tannehill and Henry…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom