• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    The 1911 mags that we are selling for $9.95ea are not OEM Colt mags and we do not represent them as such. I believe they are Triple-K manufacture, but I'm not sure. We have sold a butt-ton of them and they seem to work OK in most people's pistols, but occasionally we run into a bad mag or an incompatible firearm.

If the mags don't work for you and you have your receipt, bring them back along with your gun and we can either exchange them for the same type (after checking to ensure function), or issue you a credit toward Kimber/CMC/Wilson mags or anything else in the shop.
    And here is your answer and solution. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What?! Um...dude. Take a 7rd mag from an officer's and put it (EMPTY) in a Government model and tell me if the slide locks when you pull it fully rearward.
    If the mag don't fit, then you must quit.

Edit; Just took one of my 7rd mags from my Kimber Ultra Carry II and popped it into the 5" Springfield ...NO GO. Tried it in the 5" Sig... NO GO.

2nd Edit;
    Just for good measure, I tried it in the RIA midsize and the ATI FX45GI, too. SAME result.

The 7rd does not even seat well enough for the mag release to work unassisted... in anything but the officers sized frame.

My Colt officers is a "6" round mag. It will hold any mag I have even a 10 but it does stick out the bottom. The "6" will not lock up in any of my Gov. sized 1911's.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Oh well...chock it up as a lesson learned.

If Im buying new mags theyre gonna be:
    - Mec-gars
    - Chip McCormick

I dont blame Bradis, I was just hoping I could make them run with a wilson kit.

Thanks for all the input.

God bless
    -Shred

The solution was already given to you. Shooter521 works at Bradis and has already said that if you bring them in they will either exchange them or give a credit towards something that will work for you.

Top Bottom