• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If someone asks me what Christian Nationalism is, I'm pointing to that article. I've never read something so blatant outside of something from Doug Wilson or Stephen Wolf.

This notion that Christ has to be head of government is just asinine. Why America only? Why doesn't the author call for all governments to come under Christ?

Galations 3:28 said:
    There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Ok, while does the title read White Christians? The article was calling for a theocracy without uttering the term (Does the author know what that means?), So why is it only White Christians? Why does it not affect Black Christians? Or Haitian Christians migrants who are here, paying taxes, paying social security, etc. From the same author:
    This ain’t about cats and geese. It is about GREENBACKS…and YOUR elected officials have given out “Government money” and sent you the bill. By the way, the “Government” has no money. It is PUBLIC money…not Government, and they have NO AUTHORITY to give YOUR money to another person…let alone NON-CITIZENS…even if it were the “Christian” thing to do. Coveting and stealing are both sins.

It’s Not About Ducks and Cats in Springfield OH

Come on - don't write one article about how you want the govt to promote Christian values, then another openly stating Christianity needs to take a back seat to a perceived economic impact.

God doesn't need America. This notion that somehow God can't operate without America is idolatrous, plain and simple. The global south church is doing just fine, so why do we think God needs America?

That article is filled with all sorts of themes about fighting - but the only thing he seems to want to fight for, is his view of America. No mention of fighting for the hurt, the poor, the lost, the immigrant... just fighting for nation, and one that is quickly turning into Babylon. So why fight for it? Why not fight for Christ instead? Why not fight for a Christ who told us we'd be outcast of all nations?

But we need God. And you can't get to God by shedding his morality in favor of defending what he doesn't want defended.

Then there's this one: https://newswithviews.com/make-christianity-masculine-again/. How do you twist Christianity into some sort of chest thumping contest?
    “Dave, I think the world of you and what you believe but I do not want to talk about Jesus any more. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LOOSING MY BALLS!”
    Boom. That is it, is it not? Christianity has lost its balls. Why would any man want to become a Christian if it means losing his stones?
    We need to make Christianity MASCULINE again.
    Did this man never read the Sermon From the Mount?

Farther down he shows his colors - it's not about Christianity, is about a nation with a "strong" Christian veneer. Only that merely covers a feted, rotting core focused on their own idolatry.
    Look. If we are ever to get this ship called America righted, we must Make America Masculine Again.
    The Kingdom of God is under assault in America. We will never win the Spiritual war if TEAM JESUS is led by men who are shaken by reeds, dressed in fine linens, while hiding behind the pulpit in the church.
    The Kingdom of God is not America!!!

Coach Dave Daubenmire said:
    Could it be that we are asking the wrong question? Is the proper query not WHO is a Christian, but WHAT is a Christian. Is Christianity a label or a lifestyle?
    Care to examine Trump?

Regardless, the correct answer is neither.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Zimmer’s residency in Loreto ties not only with Trump receiving the statue from the St. Michael Cave but with his having a Maronite priest, Fr. Andrew Mahana exorcise the White House before moving in after his inauguration. Fr. Mahana presented Trump with a statue of Our Lady of Fatima and a Rosary, and the president asked if he could keep both with him at the White House.

sigh-parks-and-rec.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, false prophets are telling on themselves.

View attachment 383631
    Whoa - are you calling Ortlund and French false prophets?

I don't know much about Ortlund, but I do know about French. He's not a prophet, but is doing what he feels is right. The guy has a true Christian heart and is very conservative.

He he wants to vote for Harris, that's his prerogative. Welcome to the post-Christian America - politics is not religion; we should be extending grace to our brothers and sisters that disagree on politics. We should be more concerned about how Christians act outside of the voting booth, and less about how they vote.

And French acts in an upright manner. There's no reason to call him a false prophet because he chooses one terrible candidate instead of another terrible candidate. They guy is solidly pro-life, anti-progressive, etc, etc. If you compare his stances, he checks all the conservative Christian boxes.

Sorry to come on strong, but I think it's disgraceful how David French, Russell Moore, and others have been treated simply because of their politics. I also hate the fact that Christians seems to excel and running over other Christians and brutally kicking them when their down. How does this in any way show off Christ love?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will never cast a vote for the Abortion party. No, not one.
    So, you're not voting?

Newsflash: They're both pro-choice.

Why are we giving Trump a pass for ripping off his pro-life stance like a bad fitting suit? In the debate he couldn't say he'd sign a national abortion ban? And he's on the trail being critical of those states that are putting bans in place.

And according the MAGA crowd on INGO, it's all good - it's a states thing now! Trump solved it! OK, then there's no longer a pro-life vote at a national level; it only depends on state level offices.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, you're not voting?

Newsflash: They're both pro-choice.

Why are we giving Trump a pass for ripping off his pro-life stance like a bad fitting suit? In the debate he couldn't say he'd sign a national abortion ban? And he's on the trail being critical of those states that are putting bans in place.

And according the MAGA crowd on INGO, it's all good - it's a states thing now! Trump solved it! OK, then there's no longer a pro-life vote at a national level; it only depends on state level offices.

If the lesser of two evils is Trump's equivocation vs. Harris' pushing legislation to protect abortion rights, so be it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    For your consideration.

What is the roll of politics in the church, and vice versa?
    I know it’s longer than what I would normally watch or post on here for others to watch, but I liked it enough to do so.

Seems very relevant to the current conversation.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The guy has a true Christian heart and is very conservative.

He he wants to vote for Harris, that's his prerogative. Welcome to the post-Christian America - politics is not religion; we should be extending grace to our brothers and sisters that disagree on politics. We should be more concerned about how Christians act outside of the voting booth, and less about how they vote.

How does this in any way show off Christ love?
    This is a touchy subject, Christianity and politics, and I do not want to get into a discussion about it. Let's replace politics with the word morality.

Let's talk about morality. What if we, as christians, started to vote for candidates who stand up for moral issues that may lean towards the christian voter? I know we will never have a candidate that's perfect, that aside, we can vote for individuals who align the best with christian morals, right?

Knowing that, how can anyone vote for a party or individual who has taken God out of the equation or has changed that character of God into their personal god?

How can anyone vote for allowing children to be mutilated? Children being allowed to be taught by men dressing up as women (weird women). Teaching children that changing your God given identity by using drugs to alter your body; then mandating society to support them?

How can anyone vote for a party or individual who takes away the rights of parents so they can indoctrinate their children?

I am sure we can add many many more to this short list. My point? IMO, if you are christian it is your obligation to vote for those who most closely align with your faith. IMO, not doing that is an outward expression of who you are and your walk with Jesus. Both candidates may not be to one's liking, but Trump is by far closer to the moral characteristics of the christian faith. Faith without works is dead. It is our responsibility to be a beacon of hope, a light in darkness and salt of the earth. Again, IMO, a christian cannot be practicing their faith if they do not vote for a stronger moral society in today's world.

Don't call yourself a christian if you vote for (support) Harris, who in fact supports homosexuality, transgenderism, godless society and so on and so on. Again, just my opinion. Forget politics, vote for a stronger moral foundation.

Yes, we live in a free society (so they tell me) and this freedom allows us to vote for whomever we wish. I pray that right is never taken away for anyone or any group.

Top Bottom