Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In a country where we've stripped away certain property rights and freedom of association in an effort to right the wrongs of the past, where we give preference in every Federal/State/Local government job, preference in college admissions, and preference in hiring at every large company I'm aware of, it's simply not a credible assertion that America is "racist" or "oppresses people of color". I bet your own PD has a "diversity" initiative and actively recruits and gives hiring preference to "people of color". Black privilege, it's real, and no reasonable person is going to buy into the "America is racist" narrative. People who believe that are either throwing childish tantrums or actual racists themselves.

The very fact that these programs or laws are necessary is a clear indication that your assessment is incorrect.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The very fact that these programs or laws are necessary is a clear indication that your assessment is incorrect.

So, are you giving the childhood reply of "i know you are, but what am I?" Lawmakers in the stare of Washington actually passed a law making it illegal to shoot a bigfoot. The "fact" that they felt is was necessary to pass this law does not "prove" that the lawmakers actually feel bigfoot "exists"

Last edited:

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

Who said they're necessary? They're a reaction, meant to not only level the playing filed but to give one team an advantage as reparations for past wrongs. It's an acknowledgement of what happened in the past, not what's going on in the present. Anyone who thinks that if we get rid of affirmative action laws we will return to "colored water fountains" at the courthouse, is delusional.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Who said they're necessary? They're a reaction, meant to not only level the playing filed but to give one team an advantage as reparations for past wrongs. It's an acknowledgement of what happened in the past, not what's going on in the present. Anyone who thinks that if we get rid of affirmative action laws we will return to "colored water fountains" at the courthouse, is delusional.

Anyone who thinks racism doesn't exist is equally delusional.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So at this point, the only significant results I see from all of this are:

1. New resentments that either didn't exist before or are worse now;
    2. Lagging revenue streams for the NFL and related concerns; and
    3. A previously unknown to me (and probably a lot of others) football player with a failing career is now famous.

He'll get to put his name a on a book that his agent hires someone to write for him and he'll get to make a lot money at speaking engagements for years to come.

Not seeing how anyone else benefits from all of this. The alleged cause? Not seeing it, or how this helps. Any problems that do exist among people will be exacerbated by this if anything.

What a douche bag.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does America have to wrong me specifically, before I am able to speak up about other things I see that are wrong?

Why didn't you answer the other questions? This isn't an answer to a question I asked. For the things that are wrong, who are you saying is responsible? Who are you blaming? Are you blaming the individuals? Or are you blaming America? Each has a different way to phrase the protest.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

The point of the conversation wasn't whether racism exists or not. Plenty of people are racists, of ALL colors. The point was whether or not "America" is racist. The answer to that is obviously no. There is zero institutional racism in modern America. If you think institutional racism exists, please cite an example.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

Yes, it DOES exist, but it is definately a TWO WAY STREET!!! I interviewed for a job in Indy, and was told by the company's owner that he ONLY hired blacks. He said "why should I even consider hiring you?". Before he even looked at my qualifications (which he didn't even bother to do) I was judged solely by my skin color.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, it DOES exist, but it is definately a TWO WAY STREET!!! I interviewed for a job in Indy, and was told by the company's owner that he ONLY hired blacks. He said "why should I even consider hiring you?". Before he even looked at my qualifications (which he didn't even bother to do) I was judged solely by my skin color.

The owner was dumb enough to actually say that to you? Any chance you had a recorder going?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

What business? They should be outed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In a country where we've stripped away certain property rights and freedom of association in an effort to right the wrongs of the past, where we give preference in every Federal/State/Local government job, preference in college admissions, and preference in hiring at every large company I'm aware of, it's simply not a credible assertion that America is "racist" or "oppresses people of color". I bet your own PD has a "diversity" initiative and actively recruits and gives hiring preference to "people of color". Black privilege, it's real, and no reasonable person is going to buy into the "America is racist" narrative. People who believe that are either throwing childish tantrums or actual racists themselves.

Which property rights and freedom of associations have been "stripped" to "right past wrongs?" And if we're saying "black privilege" exists, then by default, are we also saying "white privilege" exists?
    And your bet about my former PD, at least at the time of their first minority hiring, until my retirement, probably isn't a bet you should take.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which property rights and freedom of associations have been "stripped" to "right past wrongs?" And if we're saying "black privilege" exists, then by default, are we also saying "white privilege" exists?
    And your bet about my former PD, at least at the time of their first minority hiring, until my retirement, probably isn't a bet you should take.

Just to comment on this, it's not necessarily a default. You can have one without the other. It'd be hard to argue that there was any notable black privilege during slavery. But it does exist today, as does white privilege. And what seems disingenuous to me is that we don't as universally condemn black privilege like we do white privilege. I'd like humans to evolve to a point where it doesn't matter. It's obvious that it still matters too much to people of all races.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I once applied for a high paying job,in which my BIL was Ass.Plant Man.I spent more than 5 years waiting for my window.The starting position was a very hard job.It was designed to make or break you.For more than 5 years,the company could not permanently fill the minority position to reach it's quota..they would hire someone,but they would shortly afterwards quit.I was qualified and was next in line,but then the 5th year,I got a interview.A woman quit.I again was told they had to hire another minority.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just to comment on this, it's not necessarily a default. You can have one without the other. It'd be hard to argue that there was any notable black privilege during slavery. But it does exist today, as does white privilege. And what seems disingenuous to me is that we don't as universally condemn black privilege like we do white privilege. I'd like humans to evolve to a point where it doesn't matter. It's obvious that it still matters too much to people of all races.

Ok, I have your stance. I want to hear if he thinks it exists.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I once applied for a high paying job,in which my BIL was Ass.Plant Man.I spent more than 5 years waiting for my window.The starting position was a very hard job.It was designed to make or break you.For more than 5 years,the company could not permanently fill the minority position to reach it's quota..they would hire someone,but they would shortly afterwards quit.I was qualified and was next in line,but then the 5th year,I got a interview.A woman quit.I again was told they had to hire another minority.

And the name of this company, and it's location? Is there some reason why people are protecting these businesses?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point of the conversation wasn't whether racism exists or not. Plenty of people are racists, of ALL colors. The point was whether or not "America" is racist. The answer to that is obviously no. There is zero institutional racism in modern America. If you think institutional racism exists, please cite an example.

War on Drugs... that's a gimme

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    2yy1afb.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom