• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If you were at least a high-schooler in 1968, you were aware of this act of protest. I don't know where most adults stood on the act at the time, but in light of the events of 1967, the Tet offensives earlier in 68 in Vietnam and the changes in American attitudes about the war that year, I think many of us saw a world becoming unhinged but necessarily so. I've often thought of this picture over the years. The older I get, the more I respect their act.

1968-black-power-olympics.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Been away from the news for a day or two. What the current on kneeling players?

College players kneeling yesterday?

What's the over under on NFL players Kneeling today?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Been away from the news for a day or two. What the current on kneeling players?

College players kneeling yesterday?

What's the over under on NFL players Kneeling today?

Dolphins and Saints have the early London game.

I think three Dolphins knelt for the anthem. All of the Saints knelt before the anthem and stood for it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I quit watching baseball when rhe spoiled infant players went on strike. Now, I'm tired of all this self-serving hypocritical BS and am refusing to add to the players obscenely bloated paychecks by EVER watching football again. I will do my best to put this new free time to GOOD use.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I quit watching baseball when rhe spoiled infant players went on strike. Now, I'm tired of all this self-serving hypocritical BS and am refusing to add to the players obscenely bloated paychecks by EVER watching football again. I will do my best to put this new free time to GOOD use.

So, you would still be fine adding to their obscenely bloated paychecks if they saluted the flag?

If I'm losing my interest in the NFL game, it's because it's no longer the game that I like to watch. Instead of it being the unapologetic slugfest/chess match that I used to love, it's become sanitized for our protection.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not turned on the boob tube today. Way to nice outdoors. Getting the fire wood picked up/stacked and working on the 1971 Buick Riviera restoration for my SIL.......just music from the noise box. No news. No mindless spin. Just the boys in the driveway working on a really cool old car.

Alpo....I was 18 when the fist pump at the Olympics took place. The world was spinning pretty hard then as it is right now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I was 18 when the fist pump at the Olympics took place. The world was spinning pretty hard then as it is right now.

As American's all, a lot was learned from that time. Until 8 years ago, when the president that was supposed to unite us actually chose to divide.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom