Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the coach says "hey, you suck," "you're not making grades," or "you have disciplinary problems" then yeah, he can. If he's honest in his reasoning, and says "you can't play because the school doesn't agree with your non-violent political statement," then you're asking to be sued.
    Why is, “you suck” a more valid rule to enforce than other rules? “You suck” is ableist. C’mon, man. Get your social justice right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A) My country, right or wrong.

B) My country when right.

C) My country never.

I’m a “B” sort of guy. The Kneelers seem to be a mix of B and C. On this issue, I think there are some sincere but misled people. And there are the misleaders.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the kneelers are severely logically challenged:

Some black people are mistreated by some public servants in some parts of the country

Therefore America mistreats black people and the white power structure is complicit

The conclusions drawn are in no way supported by the sole premise, couldn't even begin to construct a truth table from that hash

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    The Senator from Wisconsin cannot frighten me by exclaiming, “My country, right or wrong.” In one sense I say so too. My country; and my country is the great American Republic. My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.
    —Carl Schurz

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the kneelers are severely logically challenged:

Some black people are mistreated by some public servants in some parts of the country

Therefore America mistreats black people and the white power structure is complicit

The conclusions drawn are in no way supported by the sole premise, couldn't even begin to construct a truth table from that hash

This isn’t about reasoning out conclusions from the facts. This is about arriving at an ideologically desired conclusion. Ideologues don’t logic. They’re activists. They protest.

I haven’t decided if Kaepernick is an instigator or just a useful idiot in the cause. He didn’t start this nonsense until he hooked up with Nessa, so I’m inclined to give him a pass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Senator from Wisconsin cannot frighten me by exclaiming, “My country, right or wrong.” In one sense I say so too. My country; and my country is the great American Republic. My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.
    —Carl Schurz

:yesway:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    This isn’t about reasoning out conclusions from the facts. This is about arriving at an ideologically desired conclusion. Ideologues don’t logic. They’re activists. They protest.

I haven’t decided if Kaepernick is an instigator or just a useful idiot in the cause. He didn’t start this nonsense until he hooked up with Nessa, so I’m inclined to give him a pass.

I didn't even know who this Nessa lady was until Kaepernick started his protests. While I'm not sure if Kap started on his own, or he was encouraged in some way, I certainly don't think she's done him any favors. I'm almost convinced he would have played this year if she hadn't posted that racist tweet about the Ravens owner. That must be some powerful ***** to have him hypnotized like this. When your girls claim to fame is being an MTV attention whore, you probably should keep an eye on her.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still haven't watched any pro football this year. Haven't missed it at all.

Me neither. Out of habit a couple weeks ago, my wife turned on the Colts game. We watched a few minutes and quickly remembered one of the reasons we quit watching. I even had a chance to get free tickets to the Sunday after Thanksgiving game and had no qualms, what so ever, in turning them down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom