• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A true American is an American citizen. Period. There is no class of people by any other identity that lays exclusive claim to being "American". Also, not all liberals are hate-mongering race-baiters and gender confusionists. Actually, not all liberals are even on the left. But just about all the people who are hate-mongering race-baiters and gender confusionists, you'll find them on the extreme left, but not so much on the right. The extreme right has other identitarian issues.

Except in "Middle America."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "[Obama] said it, and I'm curious for it to be explained to me how the quote below, is not indicative of racist voters."

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations. - Dec 21, 2015

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "[Obama] said it, and I'm curious for it to be explained to me how the quote below, is not indicative of racist voters."

He was talking about rural Pennsylvanian voters, trying to explain their "bitterness". It only showed off the bubble Obama's in. He has no idea what rural Pennsylvanians think or why they think it. He tried to explain behavior of people he couldn't possibly understand from the viewpoint of a an urban Chicago community organizer.

Back in 2008 I was actually okay with Obama winning. I didn't vote for him. But he kinda talked from the center, and at least he wasn't Hillary. I thought America would be okay. It was this speech when I first realized he was the leftist everyone claimed he was. And he moved the nation further left than I thought it could ever go in just 8 years.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I didn't specify party, and saw no reason to do so. The premise is factual, on it face, if one is saying that a person won't be elected because they are black. Either they are racist, or they believe the people deciding the election are racist. There's no middle ground.

So here's what I mean: Trump might have been saying the DNC is racist. They can see the fallout from Obamacare and they think America doesn't want another black president, regardless of whether that is true or not. So then the party, which we know fixes its own elections, is racist and won't nominate another black candidate. So then he is not accusing the voting public of racism.

I don't believe that, but I just thought the contrary position was fun, and it makes your choice non-binary :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nonsense? What does the following mean to you? Trump said it, and I'm curious for it to be explained to me how the quote below, is not indicative of racist voters. I never said anything about what I believe about Trump voters. I only stated what Trump believes about voters who could determine an election, and asked how it reconciled with people that voted for him.

I imagine it will be dismissed, as his idiocy typically is, but his words were plain to see, and his meaning easily understood... at least to those willing to actually admit it.

I don't know how you took it. I took it that Obama did such a bad job that people would not vote for another black person for fear he/she would do as badly as Obama. To me that's what a person would say with Trump's intellect. It's similar to what someone might say about Chris Christie in Jersey. That rare Republican in a heavily democratic state did so bad they're not likely to elect another Republican anytime soon. I don't see a dog whistle there, if that's what you're saying. It's maybe a little racist. But no more racist than the average American.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know how you took it. I took it that Obama did such a bad job that people would not vote for another black person for fear he/she would do as badly as Obama. To me that's what a person would say with Trump's intellect. It's similar to what someone might say about Chris Christie in Jersey. That rare Republican in a heavily democratic state did so bad they're not likely to elect another Republican anytime soon. I don't see a dog whistle there, if that's what you're saying. It's maybe a little racist. But no more racist than the average American.

C'mon Jamil. Seriously? Obama did such a bad job, that someone would be afraid to vote for another black person? You (not you specifically) would have to be a special sort to apply the characteristics of one black person to all, and then think they because of those characteristics, they would do an inferior job. That's damn near textbook racism. If you're saying it's not, then you are thoroughly illustrating why we have the issues we have today.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    C'mon Jamil. Seriously? Obama did such a bad job, that someone would be afraid to vote for another black person? You (not you specifically) would have to be a special sort to apply the characteristics of one black person to all, and then think they because of those characteristics, they would do an inferior job. That's damn near textbook racism. If you're saying it's not, then you are thoroughly illustrating why we have the issues we have today.

I can tell you I've heard quite a few people say something similar. Given the character of the people saying it, I think most were commenting from their perception that America still has a lot of racists. Often they would end the statement with "and that's sad." A couple of those who said it are racist, and are probably implying something along the lines of "you see America, that's what you get for electing a black man."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So here's what I mean: Trump might have been saying the DNC is racist. They can see the fallout from Obamacare and they think America doesn't want another black president, regardless of whether that is true or not. So then the party, which we know fixes its own elections, is racist and won't nominate another black candidate. So then he is not accusing the voting public of racism.

I don't believe that, but I just thought the contrary position was fun, and it makes your choice non-binary :)

I don't think he's accusing the voting public of racism. I think he's just saying it how he thinks it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey. I didn't say it. I'm just saying what I think Trump was saying. Yes. I think he's that superficial. He's not accusing people of being racist as you say. And I did say it's a little racist. But no more racist than the average American. "Average American" is a mean.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I don't know if i can explain my thoughts right, but here goes. People who may not want a black president aren't necessarily racist. I think this may apply to just a Dem black president, though. My first thought would be, "oh great- now every time we criticize or disagree with the president, we're going to be called racist again." I've seen it happen in the workplace, too. Too much of this, and it actually makes some people turn into racists. It would be interesting to see what would happen with a Conservative black president.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know if i can explain my thoughts right, but here goes. People who may not want a black president aren't necessarily racist. I think this may apply to just a Dem black president, though. My first thought would be, "oh great- now every time we criticize or disagree with the president, we're going to be called racist again." I've seen it happen in the workplace, too. Too much of this, and it actually makes some people turn into racists. It would be interesting to see what would happen with a Conservative black president.

Maybe not racist, but definitely biased.

They've excluded someone not because of their actions or ideas, but because of their skin color.

And agreed - too much of it turns everyone into racists. Both cases are wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom