• Status
    Not open for further replies.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You wouldn't agree he lies about stuff that makes you go, "Huh? Why'd he need to do that?" I mean, if it was lying about something that might send him to prison or endanger the nation, well it's obvious why he would lie.
    For some reason,if you replaced the words he with the words she in your statement,it takes it in a complete different direction .:dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For some reason,if you replaced the words he with the words she in your statement,it takes it in a complete different direction .:dunno:

But it wouldn't be equally valid. Assuming you're talking about Clinton, she actually does lie to keep herself out of prison, not just for the fun of it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My take is this. The issue is with all of this from the beginning was that the media decided to blow this story up and make a huge deal out of it. No one would give a :poop: about Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem, because almost no one would have even known he was doing it if the media hadn't jumped all over the story and talked about it incessantly. The rest of this mess has just grown out of that initial feeding frenzy.
    KLB is correct.
    If the media wouldn't pay so much attention to them, it would cease.
    Instead of the cameras being focused on The Flag, the singer(s), and the respectful majority, they spend way too much airtime on the few disrespectful (and yes, it IS disrespectful) individuals.
    Besides the media, I blame the team owners and the NFL big wigs for not putting a stop to the disrespectful antics.
    The players are employees, and as such (should) have to follow rules of the workplace. That is IF the owners had the balls to make and enforce the rules!
    I don't know for sure, but I heard that there is a NFL "rule" that all players are to stand during The National Anthem.
    If players aren't allowed to have a tiny sticker on their helmets showing respect for 9/11 or for the officers who were killed in Texas, why was Kaepernick (sp?) allowed to wear those stupid pig socks?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Kaepernick isn't playing because he told NFL fans they're oppressors of black people. It really has little to do with his talent on the field.

Tim Tebow is a minor league baseball player.
    I barely follow football, but wasn't Kaepernick already on his way out before his tantrums?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I barely follow football, but wasn't Kaepernick already on his way out before his tantrums?
    He was on his way out at SF. He could probably start with a few teams.

And look. I’m not trying to say that he’s being treated unfairly. Although he’s good enough to play, teams won’t pick him because he’s not good enough to make the extra bagage worth it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All Trump did was totally and completely unnecessary and actually dangerous. He weighed in when it wasn’t necessary and tried to make him look the stalwart of all that is good about our nation. Get that,, him being so patriotic. Where’s you bone spurs now, your frigging highly moral hypocrite. Oh, but a prisoner of war is so objectionable. Please
    You say dangerous? Who's been injured from the NFL kneeling BS as opposed to Ferguson, where a President weighed in and ACTUAL damage was done?(aside from melting snowflakes, and micro aggressions causing folks indigestion?)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Some would say he just uses hyperboles a lot.It's not really lying.

I see it as being part of the character and not really lies.
    Like when he mentions having the bestest biggest and hugest crowds at his rallies/inauguration.
    Or the "world's greatest steaks" ... that's not a lie because I obviously know they are not the best in the world or even in the country or state.
    They're probaly okay steaks and among the best on the block though (if served in at a restaurant with few restarants on the same block).

The latest greatest newest excuse for lying. Man you guys just don’t know when to stop. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In that he definitely followed his predecessor.

I am still amazed at how violently you react to the President.

It amazes me that even more do not. He’s so objectionable and dispicable for so many reasons. Not only as a person, not only because of his actions, but because of the dangerous things he’s doing to our country. Yes, I find him to be a rather dispicable dangerous human being. I actually have a hard time using human being to describe him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Apologizing for a comment about "inmates running the asylum?"
    Boo-hoo.
    I've heard that expression for years.
    And I'm pretty sure the NFL has a higher percentage of "inmates" compared to most of my jobs.

I have too....
    ...but that's not what was said. What was said, was "inmates running the prison." That changes the entire dynamic in what is meant. With asylum, it's arguable whether of not the players are crazy for their demands... with prison, you're implying something significantly more. It may have been the comment was misspoken. I hope it was misspoken, and in such case the owner should apologize. If it's not a mistake, then the owner has shown how he views his players.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have too....
    ...but that's not what was said. What was said, was "inmates running the prison." That changes the entire dynamic in what is meant. With asylum, it's arguable whether of not the players are crazy for their demands... with prison, you're implying something significantly more. It may have been the comment was misspoken. I hope it was misspoken, and in such case the owner should apologize. If it's not a mistake, then the owner has shown how he views his players.

Some people just unintentionally mix their metaphors. You should hear my wife. Maybe don’t assume malice for what is easiest explained by mistakes. Everyone on each side has to scrutinize every word-choice and infer nefarious motives, to confirm what they already believe about the person. Of course you’ll believe America oppress black people if you already believe it does. How about just stop caring that some people use clumsy language?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom