• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I will need to research this, but I believe more people are killed in the U.S. each year by automobiles than by "assault weapons".

So, do we need to ban cars? Or maybe just SUV's? I'm not saying people shouldn't own cars and drive, but why would anyone need an SUV?

Heart disease kills many more than cars. Why dont they ban food?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Assault Handguns must just not sound evil enough to them.

One of their favorites is "high powered handgun"! :laugh:

Calling a 9mm a high powered handgun.

Don't forget about "high powered rifles"

There was a term once heard, "offensive handguns"

thegunfan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    average guy

wtf is an average guy? Can this be quantified? This kind of reminds me of diving where everyone sees the dive a little differently and the spectrum of perceived results can be large. So determining who is an average person is perspective driven.
    But they could easily start piping "from CNN's perspective" police and swat and military/homeland security, border patrol and so forth don't fall within their "average" perspective; but civilians do. If they keep throwing it out there over and over the sheeple will become programmed that this is so.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So why only rifles are under "Assault Weapons". Are rifles more assaultable than handguns?

You have to look at the bigger picture, in most states handguns are ALREADY more regulated than any other common weapon. Some handguns are regulated under the same laws (ten round magazines, barrel shrouds, magazine not in the grip)

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Apparently no matter how it is phrased it , my point is being diverted. The term "assault
    Weapon " is a construct of the anti-gun community. The term "assault rifle" is translated from
    a statement by Hitler in describing the MP44. Its not unusual for the anti gunners to do this.
    The gun control law of '68 is very similar to NAZI gun laws.
    The fact we perpetuate this term, even though the Brady bill used it is our folly.
    Most people outside the gun community don't know the difference, shouldn't we try to
    correct this problem, rather than encourage it.
    Yes, most of us qualify to buy a machine gun, but if you buy one does not change the fact
    that 99.9% will not be able to own one.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok..learned something new...that in no way increases the number of leagally owned
    machine guns.

I am not here to argue that point, just to point out the misconceptions of your argument so you can hopefully not use erroneous information against a smart antigunner- is there such a thing?

Anyway, you started out as saying they were illegal for 70 years, that was false. In 1934 they became registered federally and you had to be approved my your local LEO.

Then it went to you couldn't buy a new one since 86 and there weren't enough to go around so not many percentage wise could own one- again, disproven considering NFA trusts. Technically everyone in America can legally possess one of the 160-200k machine guns in civilian possession. This also doesn't count the ability to become a class II SOT and purchase a post sample NEW machinegun.

I now rest my case ;)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have to agree with the title.

Average Americans don't need an "Assault Weapon", "Assault Rifle", battle rifle, or machine gun.

You see, the average American trusts that his government is generally benevolent, and doesn't know or understand history. If and when something horrible happens, they will run to and depend upon Uncle Sugar without a second thought.

Those who do, however, are far above the modern average, and should own as many as they see fit to legally possess and can afford.

Regarding the artificial scarcity of machine guns and (now negligible) transfer tax, the intent is to create barriers to entry, trusts notwithstanding; they are the poll tax of the Second Amendment.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    When Hitler coined the term "sturmgewehr ",I'm not sure if he was refering to the storm
    of bullets that it fired or it's use to storm field positions. At any rate I'm sure the rate of fire
    was the reason. It was full auto select fire. The so called "assault weapons" are not full auto
    select fire. If anti- gunners use this term I consider it intentional ignorance. When pro- gunners
    use it we let our opponents frame the argument. If a lie is repeated enough it's accepted as true
    we need to change this lies back to the truth ....the majority of Americans think we're talking about
    machineguns...and you can believe that or don't.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't get it. If I started buying only what I needed, our entire economic system would collapse. Does the average American buy only to satisfy needs in any category?

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't get it. If I started buying only what I needed, our entire economic system would collapse. Does the average American buy only to satisfy needs in any category?

Like my neighbor NEEDS his Hummer H2 just to drive back and forth to work.

He bought that because it's his preference. Firearms should be no different. Especially when we are still only talking about a semi-automatic rifle that only looks scary.

Top Bottom