• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, interesting question.

"International Waters" are a decent place to commit a crime as all crimes have a jurisdictional component and most define that according to where the crime is committed, though there are things besides physical presence that can provide jurisdiction.

Here, the crime being committed in international waters is not the issue, but apprehending someone with a (presumably) valid federal warrant.

Generally speaking, the U.S. can exercise jurisdiction (and apprehend) in "international waters" any person who committed a crime in the U.S. or where the victim of a crime is in the U.S.

That is interesting, and lets say that the vessel strays into the territorial waters of another nation, off limits then?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That is interesting, and lets say that the vessel strays into the territorial waters of another nation, off limits then?

Then, it is a matter of what treaty we have (if any) with that other nation. There can be dozens of permutations and in some circumstances, we could probably get ad hoc​ permission to apprehend in their waters. It is the right of the other country, not the defendant, that are at issue. Of course, if we have an extradition treaty, there is always the prospect of the foreign nation picking him up and handing him over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

quizzical.gif

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Can we at least have a trial before we execute him?

I know, I know....trials are for people we like.
    “Guilty By Accusation”
    Isn’t that how the Political-Media Complex does it (primarily, but not exclusively, against Republicans)?
    Guess I should have used purple.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seen an article earlier where Epsteins lawyer has said that Epstein is willing to name names in exchange for no more than 5 years in prison. If this is true, id say he'll turn up suicided within 30 days.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He should go to trial for sure, it would be interesting how many names could be wrung out under oath.

I figure the scenario is more like setting outrageously high bail which he will post and skip. New York and some connected leadership pocket the money, and somebody picks him off in another country.

A legion of personal injury law firms then pick over the estate.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Sort of weird for Bill Clinton to jump in, unsolicited, to say "I didn't know anything"

D-_J7I3XUAg6Hyn

JUDGE: “Please take your seat Mr. Clinton, we are not to the alibi stage of the hearing yet. You need to wait until the evidence implicating you is introduced before proclaiming your innocence.”

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Sort of weird for Bill Clinton to jump in, unsolicited, to say "I didn't know anything"

D-_J7I3XUAg6Hyn

https://www.foxnews.com/us/flight-l...offenders-jet-much-more-than-previously-known

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com.

Top Bottom