• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I’m not opposed to solar panels. If they made financial sense I would have covered my acreage in them. Maybe it’s time to revisit.
    I threw geothermal in the ground because after tax credits and stuff it paid for itself less than 5 years.

I just had a water heater go out and with the tax credits, it was equivalent cost to put in a hybrid water heater. By the time I circ the reject heat from the geo though I don't know how much I will actually gain.

Been watching solar for a few years now. I weigh two things, financial payoff and self sufficiency. It's getting close enough I may pull the trigger. If the Republicans win and try to kill the financial incentives I will probably pull the trigger.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I’m not opposed to solar panels. If they made financial sense I would have covered my acreage in them. Maybe it’s time to revisit.
    I've got 2160 watts of solar and it paid for itself in about 6 years. Having said that, I did all the work myself. I've got 600ah of batteries and they are deep cell not lithium and I'm not running 100% solar. I really don't believe in an all or nothing scenario. I did have to replace the batteries at 7 years at a cost of $1200. I have a gas furnace for the winter, but all kitchen appliances are electric including the stove. For my usage it probably takes care of about 70% of my total usage in normal circumstances. In an emergency I could certainly get by with it. I keep spare charge controllers and several inverters around just in case. It will pay for itself, just keep your head out of the clouds and stay away from the $60,000 installs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good ideas, those that customers will beat a path to your door to buy, do not require government subsidies. More evidence that everything the government involves itself in perverts and corrupts…and the taxpayer gets stuck with the check.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

At the end of the day all of the US car industry, once the dominant manufacture of the world, will end up in the hands of foreign companies. I predict Ford will be the last to go. Like American consumer electronics, the factories will be empty. Leadership will simply look the other way and pocket the cash.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Good ideas, those that customers will beat a path to your door to buy, do not require government subsidies. More evidence that everything the government involves itself in perverts and corrupts…and the taxpayer gets stuck with the check.

EVs are just easy targets for today though. Name something we buy that isn't govt subsidized. Let's start with the necessities...food, shelter, clothing....then we can move to planes, trains, and automobiles.

Then jobs, education etc

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    EVs are just easy targets for today though. Name something we buy that isn't govt subsidized. Let's start with the necessities...food, shelter, clothing....then we can move to planes, trains, and automobiles.

Then jobs, education etc
    EV’s are targets because they are tools of the international one world order to gain control.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope. EV’s are a transition from the independence ICE vehicles give the masses to more controlled means of transportation…
    The tracking devices that are going into every car regardless of how its powered are doing that already.

I never figured you would not realize this.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nevermind the dozens of food production plants across the country mysteriously bursting into flames…
    You have an interesting criteria to judge things...sounds like someone that has experienced explosive hairspray issues all over that beautiful body of yours

Top Bottom