• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CO2 capture? I see this as a big consumer of electrical power to run the machines and make the chemicals involved in the technology's eventual capture, assuming it works. An endless cycle financed by tax payers that never runs out of CO2 as the process of running the tech generates CO2.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    One thing I always ask the climate change believers. How many Ice ages have we had since the beginning of time? usually the answer is 2 or 3. Than I ask what the opposite of an Ice age? (not climate change) Have we had an ice age since humans have been on the Earth? And than I say that I don't care what political party a politician is from, If they open their mouth, it means a lie is coming out of it.

But on a side note Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson refused to answer a question about what a woman was because she wasn't a Biologist. On the other hand thanks to that, I can't believe every Democrat is a planetary scientist!!

I can't remember what country it was, But they wanted to tax farmers over their cows farting because of climate change. With all of this I won't take any argument over climate change serious. Sorry rant over!!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    CO2 capture? I see this as a big consumer of electrical power to run the machines and make the chemicals involved in the technology's eventual capture, assuming it works. An endless cycle financed by tax payers that never runs out of CO2 as the process of running the tech generates CO2.

I'm sure the problem with megaton extraction of CO2 via Iron fertilization of nutrient poor areas of the oceans just isn't expensive enough to allow for much grift

Not sure I'd take wiki at face value but even they say could be used to offset 10 - 15% of CO
    2 emissions as well as increase available food at the bottom of the food chain

Could just have existing shipping fitted to trickle the proper compounds in their wake, and the compounds are plentiful and cheap

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Apologies, I don't have another source.

I thought this bit was a hoot. "In this case, it involved 16 young Montanans, ranging in age from 5 to 22, who brought the nation’s first constitutional and first youth-led climate lawsuit to go to trial." I'm sure the 5 year old was just screaming "lets sue for climate protection".

Lets be real here. A bunch of predatory lawyers and activists doing the bidding of those wishing to gut this Nation and turn it into a third world he** hole conned the parents of a number of minors into being the litigants for their pet lawfare.

To the litigants, fine, you win. Now turn over all your electronics, transportation, and live in this hole in the ground till you expire. You get NOTHING made with or from the things you want banned EVER. No food, synthetic cloth, no plastic anything, no power, no electronics, no housing unless you can make it out of a fallen dead tree, NOTHING! You want clothes? Go shave a sheep and spin some wool, then weave yourself some fabric.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I thought this bit was a hoot. "In this case, it involved 16 young Montanans, ranging in age from 5 to 22, who brought the nation’s first constitutional and first youth-led climate lawsuit to go to trial." I'm sure the 5 year old was just screaming "lets sue for climate protection".

Lets be real hear. A bunch of predatory lawyers and activists doing the bidding of those wishing to gut this Nation and turn it into a third world he** hole conned the parents of a number of minors into being the litigants for their pet lawfare.

To the litigants, fine, you win. Now turn over all your electronics, transportation, and live in this hole in the ground till you expire. You get NOTHING made with or from the things you want banned EVER. No food, synthetic cloth, no plastic anything, no power, no electronics, no housing unless you can make it out of a fallen dead tree, NOTHING! You want clothes? Go shave a sheep and spin some wool, then weave yourself some fabric.
    What a celebration article, no mention of appeals…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Lets be real hear. A bunch of predatory lawyers and activists doing the bidding of those wishing to gut this Nation and turn it into a third world he** hole conned the parents of a number of minors into being the litigants for their pet lawfare.

1692049225141.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Number 5, man-made volcanoes... to save the Earf. These people are ****ing nuts.

And linked on the same website...

Freaking idiots...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Cutting edge science right here....

By creating more ice​

A team of scientists from Arizona State University have a simple solution to deal with melting ice in the Arctic: refreezing it. Their plan is to build 10 million wind-powered pumps that would pump water onto the ice during the winter, allowing it to freeze and add to the thickness of the ice cap.

Read more from The Guardian

By painting mountains white​

Eduardo Gold, one of the 26 winners from about 1,700 submissions in the “100 Ideas to Save the Planet” competition that was held in 2009, is leading the charge to return a corner of the Peruvian Andes to its former colour by painting it white. The idea is that the white mountain tops will reflect sunlight back back into space as opposed to it being absorbed into the earth.

Read more from BBC News

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Covering Greenland with white blankets... And what happens to the plant and animal (and human) life underneath the blankets?

Painting mountains white... again, what happens to the plant and animal life on those mountains? No concern about toxic chemicals in the paint? These people are just freaking retarded. And by "retarded", I mean mentally defective.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Submarines use scrubbers.
    Course, it's just for the amount of air inside the hull.
    And they ain't cheap.

And, we shortened that chemical name to just "amine"

Amines all get thier start out of the Haber process where hydrogen and nitrogen are fused to make ammonia. Very energy intensive, so unless somebody has fusion in their back pocket it's going to be generating CO2.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no limit to spending on this because they've convinced too many people that being in debt doesn't matter if you destroy the planet. Obviously the things to question, is it really an existential threat? Is it really the only solution? Is it really worth the cost?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There is no limit to spending on this because they've convinced too many people that being in debt doesn't matter if you destroy the planet. Obviously the things to question, is it really an existential threat? Is it really the only solution? Is it really worth the cost?
    I'm going to heavily invest in Co2 generators. I think I see where this is going. :cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom