Climate change legit after all! Who woulda thunk it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    We ate the banana. We did not name it.
    :)
    I meant to suggest that the arm would be named for ADM Rickover.
    Dad worked for Westinghouse in a plant where a lot of Navy equipment was manufactured. He said you never saw so many managers in absolute fear of a 125 pound guy as they were of Rickover when he visited on an inspection tour.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I meant to suggest that the arm would be named for ADM Rickover.
    Dad worked for Westinghouse in a plant where a lot of Navy equipment was manufactured. He said you never saw so many managers in absolute fear of a 125 pound guy as they were of Rickover when he visited on an inspection tour.

Did you ever read about him?
    They were afraid for a good reason. He took NO excuses and DEMANDED things be done his way.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    UntIL he retired, he personally interviewed EVERY nuclear officer.
    And if he said no, they were gone. No reason given or asked.
    Ted Rockwell's book "The Rickover Effect".
    I declined an opportunity to interview with Circle W at Idaho Falls.
    Maybe if I had gone out there they would have changed me from an EE into a NR Nuc, and I could have met HGR. Whether I would have survived the interview is a good question.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can see this being the case for the green companies, however I think .gov has deeper reasons.
    The government already gets my money. They would love to tell me how to live and what I am or am not allowed to do.

Crony doesn't work without both halves.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    And us Reactor Operators, well when we did something right, a door opened up on the RPCP (Reactor Plant Control Panel) and a mechanical arm extended, with a banana. To reward us for a job "well done". :)

I thought it was doughnuts...

simpsons-workplace-resized-1329503464.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, in an effort to contribute something serious to the thread, I give you this: Skeptical Climate Scientists Coming In From the Cold | RealClearInvestigations

Putting such ugliness aside, some experts doubt that the science will improve even if the Trump administration asks new research questions and funding spreads to myriad proposals. Richard Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT and a member of the National Academy of Sciences who has long questioned climate change orthodoxy, is skeptical that a sunnier outlook is upon us.

“I actually doubt that,” he said. Even if some of the roughly $2.5 billion in taxpayer dollars currently spent on climate research across 13 different federal agencies now shifts to scientists less invested in the calamitous narrative, Lindzen believes groupthink has so corrupted the field that funding should be sharply curtailed rather than redirected.

“They should probably cut the funding by 80 to 90 percent until the field cleans up,” he said. “Climate science has been set back two generations, and they have destroyed its intellectual foundations.”

The field is cluttered with entrenched figures who must toe the established line, he said, pointing to a recent congressional report that found the Obama administration got a top Department of Energy scientist fired and generally intimidated the staff to conform with its politicized position on climate change.

“Remember this was a tiny field, a backwater, and then suddenly you increased the funding to billions and everyone got into it,” Lindzen said. “Even in 1990 no one at MIT called themselves a ‘climate scientist,’ and then all of a sudden everyone was. They only entered it because of the bucks; they realized it was a gravy train. You have to get it back to the people who only care about the science.”

Professor Lindzen couldn't be any more correct. He's spot-on about the money, the bandwagon jumpers, and the intellectual corruption.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Professor Lindzen couldn't be any more correct...

Just go ahead and say it ...he reminds you of me, doesn't he? :):

I went out to the garage to retrieve a 12-pack of Mtn Dew the other day, but my wife must have accidentally (or perhaps not accidentally) bought diet Mtn Dew. ew.

Do you know anyone who likes that or might want it before I just throw it away? Let me know. :yesway:

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I don't care what ANYONE SAYS concerning climate change as long as those forcing it upon us stand to make BILLIONS of dollars if they're legislation becomes law, I can not and will not accept any of it as truth and neither should any other thinking person.

Can anyone else name any other case when a scientific hypothesis became accepted fact virtually over night? If I am to understand the process properly it usually takes years for a hypothesis to become accepted fact to the entire world wide scientific community. By comparison Global worming became world wide accepted scientific fact virtually over night and it is also undeniable it's acceptance has been driven to great extent by a profiteering political agenda.

Top Bottom