• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Contracts are usually not handwritten and every time I have signed one their were witnesses. How would a court know if you didn't make up the receipt the day before and make up a name and address, you could photocopy a DL and LTCH and bring a few witnesses but that is a little overkill IMO
    I agree...I'd never hand write a bill of sale. I've used a few here that were typed and printed out.

As far as photocopying the DL and LTCH...I'd never do that. That's just asking for trouble.

I've signed lots of contracts with no witnesses...and some with. I would think that your handwritten signature on a printed contract (BOS) would be binding. But I'm really not 100% sure.

But really...if you don't like someone's stipulations...don't buy. It's no different than if I don't like Wal-Mart's prices...I'll shop around until I find one I do like.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The best part is this, "I do not submit my receipt to anyone and it is for my eyes only".

I think that could be shown to be binding and then it's like they don't have anything.

Public Servant is right, don't like the stipulations don't do business with them.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    There is a big difference in my mind. The FFLs have legal requirements to capture that information and buyers have a certain expectation of professional treatment of that info, i.e. no identity theft, fraud, etc.

For an unknown private seller, there is a much higher risk of that happening.

Only the owner of a gunshop has those requirements what about the 23 year old salesman who works for the gunshop, who just had his third kid and his car just broke down?
    Not picking on 23 year old people with three kids and a car that just broke down, but there are dishonest people in all walks of life even gunshops.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    What if one chopped it down to ten items.

1. I am reporting the current condition and history of the firearm as it is known to me.
    2. I understand all offers are CASH OFFERS in US dollars. I don’t take checks, credit cards, or layaways.
    3. Unless this ad states otherwise, I am not interested in any other trades at this time.
    4. This is a private sale, so Sales Tax is not being collected.
    5. I won’t drive really far to meet up unless I am going that way already.
    6. I won’t be bumping with “A NEW LOWER PRICE every few days.”
    7. All sales are final upon completion of the transaction.
    8. No warrantees or guarantees are implied or conveyed from the Seller.
    9.You will still need to show a DL or state ID, (rifle and shotgun) LTCH, (handguns) and sign a receipt when the transaction is complete. You get a copy of the receipt as well.
    10. INGO is a reputable site and I appreciate the opportunity to buy, sell, and trade goods on here. INGO is not an avenue to pass legal firearms into the hands of suspect individuals.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    When I sell a firearm, I state:
    What is for sale, along with condition.
    Price.
    Trades, if any.
    Areas willing to meet, and if willing to negotiate longer meeting.
    Indiana resident, if out of state, FFL transfer mandatory.

That about sums it up for me. I have no problem showing my license and LTCH, and have no problem taking a look at someone elses.

Top Bottom