• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    WOW !!! Is all of this really neccessary? Not trying to be little anyone, but all of this lawyer speak and jumping thru hoops makes me not want to deal with these terms.... and I know the seller has as much right to ask for anything as a I have the right to not purchase.

I just found it very different and quite amusing at the same time.... I dont mind a reciept but I refuse to give personal info (CCW/ DL #s) to a non FFL/ dealer. Do these individuals have a privacy report they can present? What guarentees that my info is safe in their hands?

What does the INGO hive mind think?

:popcorn:

1. I am well aware of the true value of this offering.
    2. I am not in desperate need to “cash out”.
    3. I have not lost my job.
    4. I don’t owe a large tax bill.
    5. I am not getting a divorce.
    6. I don’t have some pending large debt that needs paid.
    7. My vehicles are all in good working order.
    8. This item is already priced fairly and unrealistic offers won’t be entertained or responded to.
    9. I am reporting the current condition and history of the firearm as it is known to me.
    10. This is not a garage sale and I am not “a bottom dollar kinda guy.” The ad clearly states what my fair asking price is. If you want to know what I will take for my listing, make an offer and don’t expect me to guess your personal finances and limitations.
    11. I understand all offers are CASH OFFERS in US dollars. I don’t take checks, credit cards, or layaways.
    12. Unless this ad states otherwise, I am not interested in any other trades at this time.
    13. If trade interests are noted, those are the only trades I am considering at this time.
    14. This is a private sale, so Sales Tax is not being collected.
    15. I own several American-made, large SUV’s that drain the $3/gallon gas, so driving all around Indiana to make you a deal is not in my future.
    16. I won’t be bumping with “A NEW LOWER PRICE every few days.”
    17. All sales are final upon completion of the transaction.
    18. No warrantees or guarantees are implied or conveyed from the Seller.
    19. I don’t care if you pay full price, you will still need a DL, LTCH, and sign a receipt when the transaction is complete. This is for your safety and my security. I don’t care where you live, but your DL and LTCH will match. I take your Name, DOB, INGO ID, and LTCH # for the receipt. I get a copy and you will as well. I do not submit my receipt to anyone and it is for my eyes only.
    20. INGO is a reputable site and I appreciate the opportunity to buy, sell, and trade goods on here. I will not place my account, standing, or conscious in jeopardy to cut corners or bypass any current laws in the completion of this transaction. INGO is not an avenue to pass legal firearms into the hands of suspect individuals.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    There was a guy a few weeks ago that listed a bunch of 45acp.

He wanted to see an ID and LTCH for the transaction. Plus he only lived 15 minutes from me.

I would of bought it the first day but decided not to buy any because of his stipulations.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've only done one FTF firearm transaction. I was the seller.

I did take down the buyer's Name, DL#, LTCH#... I put this on a bill of sale and we both got a copy.

I am holding this bill of sale in case some government agency asks me why a gun tied back to my name was used in a crime. I'll tell them to go talk to that guy. I was up-front with this requirement in my INGO ad, but I didn't list 20 items like what you quoted.

So... I'll reference back to your initial statement that if you don't like his deal then don't deal... otherwise, no big deal.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, I have no problem showing them enough to prove who I am and everything, but no way is it getting recorded. As far as that ad there is no way I would ever deal with that.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I require a LTCH if I'm selling a firearm. If I know you have that then I know I'm in the clear selling a firearm to a non-felon citizen.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I just don't deal with them. I've bought a few things from INGO. I'll gladly show my LTCH and DL, but I'm not keen on exposing my address. The only reason for showing the ID is to confirm I'm the name on the LTCH. If you want to give me a reciept, then I guess that's fine, but a FTF cash deal is just that, my personal info is not on the table.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I sold a handgun today. I dropped it off at the guys house, we bs'd about life. Shot a few rounds at his trash barrel. He paid me cash and I left.

I think his name was chuck, charles or mike.....heck who knows.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I require a LTCH if I'm selling a firearm. If I know you have that then I know I'm in the clear selling a firearm to a non-felon citizen.

Sorry but this is BS, I have jailed several convicted felons in the last twelve years and put gun permits in the property room. Just because they still have a permit copy doesn't mean they are not felons. Just means no one has taken the cheap piece of paper the state mailed them away yet. Granted it is good for you to be able to say you thought they were not felons, but not a good true indicator.

Unless you have acess to the real time ISP permit database you really don't know if a gun permit is valid or not just by seeing it in person.

I as an individual would never give my address to another unknown individual because they feel they need it to sell me a gun. It would be a deal breaker for me. As a dealer I don't have a choice, but that is what the alarms, dogs, and other "unknown" goodies in my house are for.

Just my two cents.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Sorry but this is BS, I have jailed several convicted felons in the last twelve years and put gun permits in the property room. Just because they still have a permit copy doesn't mean they are not felons. Just means no one has taken the cheap piece of paper the state mailed them away yet. Granted it is good for you to be able to say you thought they were not felons, but not a good true indicator.

Unless you have acess to the real time ISP permit database you really don't know if a gun permit is valid or not just by seeing it in person.

I as an individual would never give my address to another unknown individual because they feel they need it to sell me a gun. It would be a deal breaker for me. As a dealer I don't have a choice, but that is what the alarms, dogs, and other "unknown" goodies in my house are for.

Just my two cents.
    Emphasis mine.

Nope, it doesn't prove a lack of a felony, but as a non-LEO, it is the best that I can do to do due diligence (say that three times fast!) for a F-T-F transaction.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I've only done one FTF firearm transaction. I was the seller.

I did take down the buyer's Name, DL#, LTCH#... I put this on a bill of sale and we both got a copy.

I am holding this bill of sale in case some government agency asks me why a gun tied back to my name was used in a crime. I'll tell them to go talk to that guy. I was up-front with this requirement in my INGO ad, but I didn't list 20 items like what you quoted.

So... I'll reference back to your initial statement that if you don't like his deal then don't deal... otherwise, no big deal.
    This is how I've sold guns at gun shows. Just CYA for the seller.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    When selling a gun to someone I require them to first fill out an application, that includes... Mother and Father's names, place of birth, ssn, and birth dates. Their full names, place of birth, date of birth, ssn, dl#, and ltch#. Then they have to be finger printed and pass a lie detector test.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I ask to see a DL or LTCH so I can know that the person is an Indiana resident, but I don't record any of that information, and to be quite frank, if someone drives up in a car with Indiana plates I'm not even that concerned about looking at a DL.

The other stuff listed though is stuff that drives me nuts about advertising in the classifieds, so many people think "price is firm" means I'll take half of what I am asking.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home

Just my two cents.
    I don't ever remember stating I take down anyone's address. It's merely all I can do to somewhat ensure I'm not doing something illegal myself. Maybe if the state issued a hard plastic I.D. type license that won't get destroyed within a few years, then it would be much easier to use this as a form of legal gun purchasing I.D.

Top Bottom