Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Question. Growing up my grandfather always pronounced Chevy “Shivy”. I’ve heard others pronounce it like that but not in a long time. All people I’ve heard use it are 60+. Is it a regional thing? Generational? Is it even a thing? I could understand if it was a derogatory version of Chevy but my grandfather loved chevys. Tried looking it up but couldn’t find anything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Question. Growing up my grandfather always pronounced Chevy “Shivy”. I’ve heard others pronounce it like that but not in a long time. All people I’ve heard use it are 60+. Is it a regional thing? Generational? Is it even a thing? I could understand if it was a derogatory version of Chevy but my grandfather loved chevys. Tried looking it up but couldn’t find anything.
    Probably a regional and generational thing. My dad always pronounced "creek" as "crick".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I heard it pronounced that way too, but also, not in a long time…

Brother Hec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    New Mexico
    Now that is a real bug out vehicle…. I love those
    I’m thinking of selling my truck, but don’t know how to value it. You mentioned selling your truck on “BAT”. What is that??
    The attached are pictures of 79 f150 4x4 project truck. I have done engine and drive train upgrades and restore work. It isn’t a bug out vehicle but it’s fun trying.
    Brother Hec

Attachments

• 53D3FBCE-9838-4960-997C-B571A12FBBB1.jpeg
      53D3FBCE-9838-4960-997C-B571A12FBBB1.jpeg
      437.6 KB · Views: 8
    • FFD59C66-4384-4CB4-95DB-B062C2AAAB50.jpeg
      FFD59C66-4384-4CB4-95DB-B062C2AAAB50.jpeg
      406.9 KB · Views: 8

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m thinking of selling my truck, but don’t know how to value it. You mentioned selling your truck on “BAT”. What is that??
    The attached are pictures of 79 f150 4x4 project truck. I have done engine and drive train upgrades and restore work. It isn’t a bug out vehicle but it’s fun trying.
    Brother Hec
    Have to ask https://www.indianagunowners.com/members/longhair.11512/ It was he who sold the truck…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Brother Hec

BAT is a den of thieves.

Those ******** would look at an old gas guzzling beat up truck like that and offer some rip off deal like $4,000. They are not to be trusted.

Let me save you the trouble, hassle, and dubious characters of "BAT".

I'll get rid of your problem for $8,000. In addition, I will donate $2,000 to starving children. No way those ******** at "BAT" would do that!

Let's get that old piece of junk off your hands AND feed starving children.

You don't hate starving children do you?

Brother Hec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    New Mexico
    BAT is a den of thieves.

Those ******** would look at an old gas guzzling beat up truck like that and offer some rip off deal like $4,000. They are not to be trusted.

Let me save you the trouble, hassle, and dubious characters of "BAT".

I'll get rid of your problem for $8,000. In addition, I will donate $2,000 to starving children. No way those ******** at "BAT" would do that!

Let's get that old piece of junk off your hands AND feed starving children.

You don't hate starving children do you?
    Thanks!

Top Bottom