OSUT 263: Vote Early and Vote Often...Just Make Sure You Vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Eggs and toast in. First time I've had white bread in 40 yrs, I'll bet. Barb musta asked one of the church gals to bring it. Anything to get her to eat.

Bacon is out of the oven. Working on coffee.
    Just ran 7 does out of the flowers. It seems anything planted more than 20 feet from the house is fair game. I understand why farmers think they're hoofed rats.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n all

The smoke coming off the river is very cool to see with the sun shining on it. Have a few hummers hanging out on the feeders. They're all puffed up just sitn and chilln. With temps like the weather guessers are forecasting I doubt many will be here very much longer.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    One thing I did not mention that I picked up at the Mexy Mart was some fresh made pork rinds.
    They make them fresh, there.

I don't know if y'all have ever made pork rinds, but it's messy. Basically, it's a boiling, salted water bath, scoop off the rendered fats if you're smart, if you're picky like Grandpa was (he waddn't eatin' no hog hair), a soak in lye, more brine soak, a drying period, then a fast fry in hot oil. Messy as the very dickens!
    They are still very wet when they go in the hot oil! That makes them puff up better.

As with most Mexican restaurants and such, they fry them outside to minimize the grease spatter near open flame issues.
    These guys make some really good ones.

Apple and peanut butter toast did not do it for me this morning, five hours ago, now.
    I scrambled an egg with onions and peppers, crumbled a rind over the egg as it finished cooking, wrapped it in a fluffy corn tortilla.
    Fabulous!
    Doggy got a snippet or two.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    One thing I did not mention that I picked up at the Mexy Mart was some fresh made pork rinds.
    They make them fresh, there.

I don't know if y'all have ever made pork rinds, but it's messy. Basically, it's a boiling, salted water bath, scoop off the rendered fats if you're smart, if you're picky like Grandpa was (he waddn't eatin' no hog hair), a soak in lye, more brine soak, a drying period, then a fast fry in hot oil. Messy as the very dickens!
    They are still very wet when they go in the hot oil! That makes them puff up better.

As with most Mexican restaurants and such, they fry them outside to minimize the grease spatter near open flame issues.
    These guys make some really good ones.

Apple and peanut butter toast did not do it for me this morning, five hours ago, now.
    I scrambled an egg with onions and peppers, crumbled a rind over the egg as it finished cooking, wrapped it in a fluffy corn tortilla.
    Fabulous!
    Doggy got a snippet or two.
    Do you hire out as a breakfast chef?

Just how far from Beanblossom are you?

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Fresh batch of powder came yesterday.
    Cleared off all the computer cr*p from my bench, got it spic-n-span again.

I used to go to this "fancy" place to shoot sometimes because they would rent by minute rate for a chronograph. They quit doing that!
    Said people kept shooting them too often. WTF!?!

Anyway, different lot # on the same powder I was using, but no way to assess the primer change except by fired primer inspection.
    I had just the tiniest flattening beginning with my favorite load and I matched as well as possible. Load will be the same with new primers.

I'm about half way through my 9mm brass, so I'm going to do some Zen time today and turn out some more standard hot-like practice loads.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Do you hire out as a breakfast chef?

Just how far from Beanblossom are you?
    :):
    I've only been to Bean Blossom a few times for the Bluegrass.
    Seemed pretty close for the enjoyment factors.

But, there will be no more hiring out for me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom