Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    83 Monte Carlo is mine 47k original miles. The 69 Caprice 427 was mine but had to sell 2 yrs ago due to health. And the other two pics.....Just because their cool.
    OK about the other 2 pics. Come on man are you kidding me. Seriously. This is intractable but I gave you a mulligan. Don't do that again please.

Sheesh.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I worked in the Chrysler plant in Kokomo for a while. I ran into several workers there that still had the Superbirds they bought new. They did well keeping them stored and maintained. Mostly are used for parades and the annual company car show. Better than money in the bank. A lot of people did the same with Vipers. I know a couple dozen guys that keep a Viper in storage. That green slip price for employees really helps if a guy wants a special car.
    The market has slipped on the Super Birds unless you have the Hemi.

Reactions: Leo

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you have more money to burn and don’t care how build and run one of these.
    Vogler mid bar car. John Andretti won his 1st USAC title in this car.
    I am I. The seat. The wild man in the “Shirt” is Billy Bignotti. George’s boy and a good friend. So was George.
    Paragon. Track sucked as the tires will show. Ice rink.
    Ran mid pack with all the crazy’s that day.
    1FCC1A33-877F-4CA0-8A30-DEAC09E3493C.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is our indoor car. Its a Higman with a hopped up Volkswagen engine. It is an older car but it worked well enough to run indoor events. The guy in the seat is the fella with the blond Mullet in the pic with the blue midget. He could throw that car around indoors and did well with it. I sucked indoors.
    Pic was in the street in front of the shop. Neighbors loved us...:):
    A2DA7C55-C241-4964-9CC3-7836D6A17BF7.jpeg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The blue car at the old Hoosier Dome invitational indoor event.
    Gary Bettenhausen (Sp) in the seat. A much younger version of me in the right.
    Its got one of my cheater AutoCrafts in it.
    0BE40BBB-8D40-4303-B2FE-4D67412C75BC.jpeg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The blue car at the old Hoosier Dome invitational indoor event.
    Gary Bettenhausen (Sp) in the seat. A much younger version of me in the right.
    Its got one of my cheater AutoCrafts in it.
    View attachment 188584
    It amazes me how many cool ass cars you've been involved in racing. Likewise some of the people you've been involved with along the way

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    OK about the other 2 pics. Come on man are you kidding me. Seriously. This is intractable but I gave you a mulligan. Don't do that again please.

Sheesh.
    I guess the hot chicks fishing thread made me think my pics were ok. I see now the difference between what is and isnt acceptable. A piece of string thru the crack......lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It amazes me how many cool ass cars you've been involved in racing. Likewise some of the people you've been involved with along the way
    Growing up right down the street from the speedway had a lot to do with this. Right era, right place.
    In my neighborhood there were sprint cars midgets drag cars all the way up to indy cars in peoples garages. Being inquisitive and also the area paper boy gave me an in to some of these behind the house shops. I grew up around it. Embraced it much to the chagrin of my parents but I was not to be denied.
    If I would have used my talents and moneys a bit differently I would probably have a nice place on some land but no memories of these great experiences. Thing about money is if you are motivated you can always make more of it.
    And I did.
    Those 2 midgets were my entry level into open wheel racing. That blossomed into having some opportunities to work on a professional level as a weekend warrior with some pretty stout teams over the years. The skills I learned doing that translated into my own cars and endeavors. The pick of the muddy blue midget is an example. Billly B and Greg are both pro-level indy car mechanics and 2 of my best friends. How many sportsman racers have a crew like that.
    When we built the cheater Autocraft for that car so it could run with the new engines and chassis I had input from some great people. Danny Crower (yes the cam guy) did our stroker crank for the engine. Had the pistons built and provided the right rods. He had a blank cam for that engine and bingo. Deluxe special grind right off his cam machine. I met Danny when Greg was working for the Menards Indy car team and I was hanging at the shop after hours with the engine guys helping with the dyno runs on the Indy qualy motors. It all snowballed once it started.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    89 Taurus SHO not mine I have very few pictures of mine which is really too bad it was a great ride.
    guGpSBuh.jpg

Top Bottom