• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The major translators of the NIV was a Lesbian by the name of Melancot look her up
    Not here to defend the niv, not a huge fan of it but the truth does matter…

“Virginia Mollencott, a Lesbian sympathizer, was involved with the NIV development at one point. It is important to note that she was not a translator, and never had anything to do with the translation itself. For a few months Virginia served in the capacity of working on the literary (stylistic) committee of the NIV. When her sexual views were known she was immediately asked to resign. Her work never impacted the translation of the NIV at any point. To anybody reading the NIV it is very clear that homosexuality is a sin.”

Holman for me. Not a Baptist but I think it’s a great translation taking the original text to modern language.

I would bring up how bad of a translation the KJV actually is, but we’re supposed to keep it civil in here so I won’t.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    A lot of folks read Eph. 4:30 and wonder, "What does heck does it mean to grieve the Holy Spirit?"
    After watching Family Feud* tonight I now now exactly what.

There was a woman, who before answering the final questions, kept repeating in song, "Holy Spirit activate!"

:facepalm:

So now God is your little magic talisman you can call to win a freakin' game show?!

* It was on, my wife was watching, I was walking through the room.
    I remember seeing the same too and it was honestly downright blasphemous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can’t get hung up on not calling someone reverend when I don’t obey the sabbath very well, gossip, over eat, and am jealous.
    That being said, I don’t like the term and just think that if your calling yourself that you’re too legalistic for my tastes in general.
    I think if you call yourself that, maybe Matthew 23 applies. If it’s a title given by your religious org, probably not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

“Virginia Mollencott, a Lesbian sympathizer, was involved with the NIV development at one point. It is important to note that she was not a translator, and never had anything to do with the translation itself. For a few months Virginia served in the capacity of working on the literary (stylistic) committee of the NIV. When her sexual views were known she was immediately asked to resign. Her work never impacted the translation of the NIV at any point. To anybody reading the NIV it is very clear that homosexuality is a sin.”

Holman for me. Not a Baptist but I think it’s a great translation taking the original text to modern language.

I would bring up how bad of a translation the KJV actually is, but we’re supposed to keep it civil in here so I won’t.
    No bigger fight to be had than a translation war. Well. Maybe Glock v 1911. Or 9mm vs 45 acp

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Had only preacher in my home town tell me never went by the KJV because King James was a homosexual. He was arguing with me because I had said David prevailed over Goliath with a sling and stone...however he slayed (killed) Goliath with Goliath's own sword, moral to that story. But he said that KJV had it all wrong, (because King James had wrote it.) He kept claiming the stone killed him despite what the KJV said. I was done with him and so were most people I talked to. Not sure what he was taught fresh out of bible college. I could of argued King James wasn't the one writing it...it was a bunch of scholars doing it, plus if he had wrote it, and was gay...wouldn't he left out all the "bad" gay stuff out that called it sin while he was at it? And a few more details but by this point I realized what I was dealing with and just face palmed myself. He and his wife moved a few years later to sadden some other church I'm sure. The funny thing was a few weeks after that I was watching some program on TV and they were talking to Jewish scholars or whatever, they were talking about King David....according to them David stone only knocked out Goliath, David finished him by killing him with his own sword. Later in scriptures they told about David entering a temple and Goliaths sword was stored there, the sword he used to kill Goliath......guess the Jews didn't get the preachers memo on KJV either.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Had only preacher in my home town tell me never went by the KJV because King James was a homosexual. He was arguing with me because I had said David prevailed over Goliath with a sling and stone...however he slayed (killed) Goliath with Goliath's own sword, moral to that story. But he said that KJV had it all wrong, (because King James had wrote it.) He kept claiming the stone killed him despite what the KJV said. I was done with him and so were most people I talked to. Not sure what he was taught fresh out of bible college. I could of argued King James wasn't the one writing it...it was a bunch of scholars doing it, plus if he had wrote it, and was gay...wouldn't he left out all the "bad" gay stuff out that called it sin while he was at it? And a few more details but by this point I realized what I was dealing with and just face palmed myself. He and his wife moved a few years later to sadden some other church I'm sure. The funny thing was a few weeks after that I was watching some program on TV and they were talking to Jewish scholars or whatever, they were talking about King David....according to them David stone only knocked out Goliath, David finished him by killing him with his own sword. Later in scriptures they told about David entering a temple and Goliaths sword was stored there, the sword he used to kill Goliath......guess the Jews didn't get the preachers memo on KJV either.
    He sounds like a closeted homosexual himself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    oh boy....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The major translators of the NIV was a Lesbian by the name of Melancot look her up
    I had a bit of trouble looking her up, but found an obit.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/books/virginia-mollenkott-dead.html

Two thoughts:
    A) If you're going to trash talk someone, get their name right.
    B) People will go to great lengths to justify their desires as biblical.

On the latter, Ms. Mollenkott wrote several inclusive theological books. She human, and a sinner, and beleives in Christ, just like I do. So I must ask, "what desires of mine am I trying to justify?" Do I have unrepentant sin? My sins aren't any lesser just because we don't consider them as repugnant as hers.

If she's trying to read something in to the text, am I not just as capable of doing likewise?

There but the grace of God, go I.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I do believe the Holman is now the Christian Standard Bible (and it's a fine translation).

Top Bottom