Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    DAISEY!?

Are they joking?
    About a year ago I bought a used Daisey Red-Ryder on Gunbroker for a nephew.

The idiot that sold it demanded it be shipped to an FFL holder, "because this could be a "deadly weapon" and I'm not going to be called into court for selling it without it being "transfered" through a licensed gun dealer".

To this day, my FFL dealer gets a kick out of telling folks that I have a "deadly weapon".:rolleyes:

I guess that dip-stick was ahead of the curve. He wasn't even from Chicago!

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    So what makes a Walther P22 unsafe?? The one I didnt see on there was "homemade" So if a smart criminal makes one and gets caught he wont get that extra charge! :D

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Perhaps the list is, in part, designed to keep affordable firearms out of the hands of some groups of residents who can't afford something more "safe."

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Coming from people who hate all guns... remember that.

Yes. Remember,this is being put forward my Commissar Daley. Therefore, there is some Evil intent behind it. He wouldn't do it unless it advanced his agenda.

Here's my thought:
    He knows his whole set of restrictions is going to get challenged in court. He starts off with a long list of No-No Guns, most of which really are junk and marginally unsafe. When it goes to SCOTUS, they strike down some of his other restrictions, but his lawyer makes a good case that banning these "cheap dangerous guns favored by criminals" is a "reasonable restriction."

SCOTUS says, "OK, Mayor, you can keep your No-No Guns List. There's nothing unconstitutional about having a list bad guns you want to ban."

The very next day, Da Mayor makes a few minor adjustments to the list. Purely for the safety of the people, you understand. Just a few, like any 1911-pattern pistol (scary military-style guns), any that takes a magazine greater than 10 rounds capacity (what does any honest citizen need all those rounds for?), any gun made of plastic (obviously cheap and unsafe), any gun without a magazine disconnect safety, any gun without an external safety, any pistol in a military caliber...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't recognize MOST of those gunmakers. I'm guessing they're pretty much all either old POSs, or cheap POSs.

Still, there should be no such list.

Top Bottom