• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    m

ACORN, or actual census workers? Sorry I'm not up on this and asking ?s.

It's complicated, Obama has allowed the Census to hire ACORN and others to be contractors for the GPS Mapping and Census work. So yes, some are ACORN members. Watch the videos and do some research. The GPS'ing is probably completed

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There are probably as many conservatives working the census too. I just dont understand this idea that goons or thugs are hiding around every corner, just SOME corners.

Acorn isnt running the census and have to do the job as prescribed by the government. I guess the rebuttal to that is that Obama is giving them specific orders to screw with anyone conservative? Have we become that paranoid? No offense, please believe me, but we are getting out of control! We lost the election, fine. Crap happens, but dear god, lets be aware of REAL threats, not made up ones from Limbaugh or somebody on youtube!

I am becoming more and more frightened, not only from those more liberal than I but also of conservatives.

I did rep you on the idea of us choosing our own choices and destinys. That is key to the US and everything in it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    ACORN, or actual census workers? Sorry I'm not up on this and asking ?s.

Census workers. My check came from the US Dept of Commerce. Anyone saying we were employed by ACORN is either lying, or their paranoia has rotted their brains.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There are probably as many conservatives working the census too. I just dont understand this idea that goons or thugs are hiding around every corner, just SOME corners.
    snip.

You think some might be? Try all but one in our class. All conservatives, all ex-military.

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    Im just saying what I have learned so far. As for the paranoia, its not just this thread, its several others. Everyone is friggin riled up and ready to slaughter anything they dont like. Not just reason, its becoming a fervor, pure and simple.

I DONT want to live in a nanny state, but sorry to say, its becoming one. Hell, it HAS been one, ever since 9-11 in my mind. I agree that we have taken it in the rear, so to speak. We have let the take over begin, but not just with the election of Obama. It has been a thing building since the beginning of the new century. Americans have ignored their duties of vigilance and political action in regards to the rights they hold dear.

I answer the questions I feel are necessary. There is nothing they can do to make me answer them. BUT, to think I will pander to the paranoid attitude that many have taken on this board, I will not. Everyone is not out to get me, I know EXACTLY who is out to get me. :D As for the Nazis, I cant help you with that one. Comparing a person who is doing something that the US has been doing for quite some time to a Nazi is a little kneejerk. Census plus Democratic win plus recession seems to be equaling everyone calling out anyone who is slightly liberal out on seemingly collaborating with the machine politik. Social engineering is a bit strong of a situation. IF it is social engineering, then it is in the planning stages. If they truely want the information they want, they will get it, even without us knowing it. If they are out to get those opposed to whatever new order that some radio jock wants everyone to believe, then they would already have that information.

I mean no disrespect, but everyone is up in arms over something that has been done for decades. Bitching about it now makes no sense.

:+1:good post.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Yes, to GPS every residential door in the US and us lucky ones get a 30 page questionnaire. :D

No 30 page questionnaire.....

2010 Census: 2010 Census is Different

2010 Census is Different

The Census Bureau has changed the way it conducts the national count.
    Goodbye Long Form
    In the past, most households received a short-form questionnaire, while one household in six received a long form that contained additional questions and provided more detailed socioeconomic information about the population.
    The 2010 Census will be a short-form only census and will count all residents living in the United States as well as ask for name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, relationship and housing tenure – taking just minutes to complete.
    The more detailed socioeconomic information is now collected through the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about your community every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade. No household will receive the survey more often than once every five years.
    View more information on the American Community Survey.
    A similar survey, the Puerto Rico Community Survey is conducted in Puerto Rico.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

I am not referring to the 2010 Census BUT the American Community Survey that I have in my hand that was sent to me by the Census that asks the invasive questions that are much more than enumeration. Joe, ACORN was/is being used by the Census to hire workers to complete the GPS Mapping and the ACS that is NOT required by the Constitution. I have posted the links to the Government documentation pertaining to ACORN.

EDITORIAL: ACORN to count heads for Census
    By | Friday, March 20, 2009
    First it was President Obama trying to break all precedent and run the 2010 census from within the White House. While the administration finally backed down from that politicization of the census, it clearly hasn't learned its lesson. Now it is having ACORN officially "partner" with the Census to help count the number of Americans in the country. It's like Santa trusting a child to tell him how many times he or she has been good in the past year.

We could write a book on the false voter registrations submitted by ACORN. There are bizarre stories, such as one from Cleveland, where ACORN employees reregistered the same individual 77 times, even though the individual kept on telling the ACORN workers that he was already registered. But ACORN's people kept offering to bribe him with cigarettes or money to get him to fill out another form. Similar examples from across the United States are too numerous to count.

King County (Seattle) election officials were forced to remove 1,762 voter registrations submitted by one group of ACORN employees. Five employees were sentenced to jail. The Delaware County Times noted that out of 2,000 fraudulent voter registration forms in that Pennsylvania county, nearly every single one was filed by ACORN.

Chicago had 10,000 false registrations. Criminal indictments and convictions have been leveled in numerous states.
    Last year alone, voter fraud investigations took place in 12 states: Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin.

ACORN admits (how could it not?) that it has made mistakes in accurately registering people to vote. Brian Kettenring with ACORN told the Times that most of these concerns - and linking them to the census - were "right wing fantasies." He pointed out that he guessed that "fewer than three dozen" ACORN employees have been convicted of fraud, "but that is only a guess." Kettenring also claims that many individuals who said they were paid to register numerous times had "lied."

Yet the systematic problems year after year and in state after state make it impossible to blame ACORN's problems on a few rogue employees. There is a much deeper problem here.

A news story earlier this week incorrectly reported that the Census would be paying ACORN workers to count people, but the voter registration problems have occurred even without any state secretaries of state paying ACORN. The concern is why the Census should be "partnering" with an organization that has so frequently bribed people to register voters.

For a nonpartisan organization such as the Census, ACORN's political connections are also troubling. Last year, the Obama campaign paid ACORN $800,000 to register voters and do other work. ABC News' Jake Tapper caught Obama campaign officials in numerous attempts to hide Mr. Obama's past connections with ACORN. Mr. Obama also gave ACORN money when he served on the board of the Woods Fund in Chicago. For all the work that he has done for ACORN over the years, Investor's Business Daily called Mr. Obama "ACORN's Senator."

ACORN is a "bipartisan" organization in name only. Giving it any type of official role in the process, including making it a so-called "Census Bureau partner," is disturbing. We worry about how ACORN may misuse this affiliation in representing itself to others.

What is at stake from an accurate census is huge. The allocation of seats in Congress, and ultimately questions of who controls it, depend on an accurate count. Much of the money Congress spends is allocated based on the census. Requiring that the census be non-partisan is the first requirement that must be met.

Disturbingly, the Census Bureau was unwilling to answer any questions on the record, and was only willing to talk off the record to try to dissuade the Times from writing this editorial. We wish that we could share the off-the-record responses with our readers. The only official response was a short one-sentence email that any concerns were "baseless." If the concerns are so "baseless," why won't the people at the Census discuss the issue on the record?

Vern, did I say that Goons or thugs are hiding around every corner. No, I did NOT. What I did say is that I am not answering invasive questions in an out of year (2009) Census ACS that hasn't any bearing on the enumeration of people per the US Constitution. If you research you will also see that the Census is being run from the White-house by Rahm Emanuel and not thru the Commerce Department. Obama hasn't followed the US Constitution since ACORN anointed him with the Presidency.

Now we learn that President Obama has recruited them as “National Partners” to the 2010 U.S. Census. Remember the Census? The Census was one of the reasons Senator Judd Gregg withdrew his name from consideration for Commerce Secretary after he learned the White House would be moving the ‘non-partisan’ agency under the control of the ‘ultra-partisan’ White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.
    It appears the Senator’s worst fears didn’t even come close to the tragic reality. As Fox News reports, ACORN’s “partnership with the 2010 Census is worrisome to lawmakers who say past allegations of fraud should raise concerns about the organization.”
    Congresswoman Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA), vice ranking member of the subcommittee for the U.S. Census told Fox News:
    It’s a concern, especially when you look at all the different charges of voter fraud. And it’s not just the lawmakers’ concern. It should be the concern of every citizen in the country. We want an enumeration. We don’t want to have any false numbers.

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    The tin foil burns hot! And by that, I mean mine.

At the best it is yet another example of data collection in order to have data (sort it out and use it later).

At worst, yeah, oh boy. Take that discussion to another web site. But sufficive to say, the tin foil burns hot.

tongue was planted firmly in cheek! Sorry if I had anyone running outside looking to the heavens, and that 4some have 4no 4sense of 4humor.

go ahead and use that negative rep button!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yeah I get unfunny about data collection. Grumpy old man & all.

As 4 neg-rep, I have never used that button and don't even know if it works.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    You think some might be? Try all but one in our class. All conservatives, all ex-military.

Do you think using actual, personal information and experiences will change the OPINIONS and CONJECTURES of those who see everyone who is in any way different or who veers the slightest iota from their ideas are in some kind of conspiracy against them?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Do you think using actual, personal information and experiences will change the OPINIONS and CONJECTURES of those who see everyone who is in any way different or who veers the slightest iota from their ideas are in some kind of conspiracy against them?

I use public facts NOT conjecture from ex part time employees that are not privy to policy or regulations at the administration level

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Joe, ACORN was/is being used by the Census to hire workers to complete the GPS Mapping snip.

This is an outright untruth. I was hired by the Dept of Commerce, worked for the Dept of Commerce, when the job was done I got a very nice letter thanking me for my service from the Dept of Commerce. IOW, I was hired by, worked for, paid by the United States Department of Commerce. Not ACORN. Never talked to ACORN, never was paid by ACORN, etc. IOW, you are spreading absolute BS. I just wonder if you are able to realize that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    This is an outright untruth. I was hired by the Dept of Commerce, worked for the Dept of Commerce, when the job was done I got a very nice letter thanking me for my service from the Dept of Commerce. IOW, I was hired by, worked for, paid by the United States Department of Commerce. Not ACORN. Never talked to ACORN, never was paid by ACORN, etc. IOW, you are spreading absolute BS. I just wonder if you are able to realize that.

I never said that you were hired by ACORN, or paid by ACORN or were a member of ACORN BUT some CENSUS workers are ACORN members and were hired by ACORN to conduct the Census. Without a players guide the general public cannot tell who are ACORN members and who are not. The ACORN Census Connection is published fact.

Top Bottom