• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Who are Tinker Evers and Chance? Brain's too wound out for research. At least Ptraci is getting on my lap.

These are the saddest of possible words: Tinker to Evers to Chance.
    Trio of Bear-cubs, fleeter than birds,
    Tinker to Evers to Chance.
    Ruthlessly pricking our gonfalon bubble,
    Making a Giant hit into a double --
    Words that are weighty with nothing but trouble:
    Tinker to Evers to Chance.

Franklin P. Adams

bezbowl haz ben velly velly goot to me

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    enhanced-32005-1422840611-40_zpst0m3dmof.jpg

Cultural literacy FTW!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    And what has caused your threadnocentric views? Was it your crustaesous privledge?

Hummm... crustaesous privledge ..... Great word. I'm gonna steal it Sir.

I actually Googled it and who would have thought, the only thing Mr Google could find. Was your post. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "From where the sun now sets we will fight no more forever..."

Chief Joseph (and Indiucky.):yesway:

P.S. Everything is Jamil's fault.....You can actually trace the current political discourse in the country to the moment the Doctor slapped his behind...Instead of screaming he yelled out "Commie Hippies are destroying this country"...It freaked the Doctors out...:)

OF COURSE! NOW it all makes SENSE!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since calm words and sage advice don't seem to work, perhaps the ModSquad should send a visual, visceral message to folks that are shootering up. May I suggest:

View attachment 41004

Seriously, though, it seems during the last month or so I've witnessed more 'burning men' than the entire rest of my time on INGO. Is it just a statistical anomaly or is the crazy getting deeper

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Since calm words and sage advice don't seem to work, perhaps the ModSquad should send a visual, visceral message to folks that are shootering up. May I suggest:

View attachment 41004

Seriously, though, it seems during the last month or so I've witnessed more 'burning men' than the entire rest of my time on INGO. Is it just a statistical anomaly or is the crazy getting deeper

I'm not sure about that. We had enough get kicked to the curb last late summer/early fall that I thought there was a deliberate effort going on to change the landscape of INGO.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I get no feeling like that's going on Dave, if you're suggesting that perhaps members with unpopular viewpoints were targeted. I'm feeling more like I'm seeing Buddhist monks pour gasoline on themselves and set themselves on fire, but without any hint of why they are so worked up. It's disturbing. It's that that brings the idea of 'burning man' to my mind. It seems like they're already on fire when they start posting. I've seen people chewing on ChurchMouse, Que and PaulF all in just the last couple of weeks

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I get no feeling like that's going on Dave, if you're suggesting that perhaps members with unpopular viewpoints were targeted. I'm feeling more like I'm seeing Buddhist monks pour gasoline on themselves and set themselves on fire, but without any hint of why they are so worked up. It's disturbing. It's that that brings the idea of 'burning man' to my mind. It seems like they're already on fire when they start posting. I've seen people chewing on ChurchMouse, Que and PaulF all in just the last couple of weeks

OK, in that context, I would agree. I didn't separate frontal assaults on mods from bans by sheer volume. I think we are on the same page now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With minor thread necromancy, I have a question about trolling.

At what point does repeatedly instigating "discussions" about a certain topic become trolling?

For instance, I CC more than 99% of the time. In real life, I have nothing against OCers.

But, let's say on INGO, I start a new thread about how CCing is better. Yes, another new thread, despite the fact that other similar threads already exist. But this one is to discuss how CC is better than OC using completely different words, but the same ideas. In fact, I come right out and say OC is for jerks.

In the course of my new thread, many people provide valid, principled arguments for why OCers are not jerks. But, I continue to say they are jerks, although I might come up with fancier words than "jerks" because that's how I roll.

In this hypothetical, when OC/CC comes up in other threads, I never miss an opportunity to belittle OCers. Every time I start a new thread, I say I am interested in hearing other people's views, but then when other views are presented, I argue that they are wrong. There is never a give and take, just an onslaught of my own opinion.

At some point, does that become trolling?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I have always been FOR, the underdog ..... I have met Que, and CM, and will always have their backs ..... THAT is just who I am .....

T.Lex, I really don't know what a troll, is ..... BUT in my humble opinion, it is someone new, who joins, and just tries to stir up stuff .....

JMHO, someone, like you, who has been here several years, and has a 'TRACK RECORD" OF many POSTS, then I don't consider them a troll.....

I guess, someone could "troll" a post, just to see what is stirred up .....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess that's a fair point, but I'm not sure trolling need only be done by n00bs. I mean, building on my hypothetical, if I kept bringing up my disdain for OC with the knowledge that it will create issues, would that be trolling?

I don't mean just expressing my opinion. As people spend time here and express their opinions, we can kinda tell who believes what. That's the great thing about a community. We know when to ignore certain people on certain topics. :)

But, at the same time, if I just kept bringing it up and bringing it up, and using insulting language, would that be an issue?

Top Bottom