• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I agree entirely about the ignorance and lack of education but I don't agree that the way to educate is to rub peoples noses in something against their will.

As to your other arguments please keep in mind that guns are not nearly as common or well accecpted as you sun glasses or hat. What if the property owner is really up tight agianst guns and instead of just asking you to remove your gun or leave the property they call 911 saying there is a man with a gun in my living room?

Well... Seeing as how I have "been there done that" its not that big of a deal to be a MWAG. It can happen just walking down the street (more likely too).

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Please explain to us stupid people who are not as bright as others just how carrying a CONCEALED handgun into someone's home will "rub peoples noses in something against their will." I've been a homeowner for several decades and I have must have missed the part where I get magical powers to discern a concealed handgun inside my home and no where else.

Now... I DO understand the part about them spotting the sunglasses and hat... heck, even I can do that by myself. But a concealed handgun? Give details... please.

And just what do you expect the cop to do when he comes out. Shoot the plumber willy nilly? Or perhaps ask, sir, do you have a license to carry?

Hysteria and out-of-control emotional responses should be left to the anti-gunners... they have no place on a pro-firearm board.

I believe your position is a bit different from the OP who stated that he is a tradesman and that his weapon might be exposed to view while working in a customers home.

My comments go to the uncomfortable position that will occur when the home owner or his teen age daughter steeped in liberal society and education or should I say indoctrination notices that gun and starts getting hysterical about it then the person carrying the gun gets defensive and instead of trying to calm the conversation down to reasonable starts insisting that he has a right to carry.

By the way I also feel that having a right to carry is not a reason to carry. You carry for self defense and the right only facilitates that action.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I believe your position is a bit different from the OP who stated that he is a tradesman and that his weapon might be exposed to view while working in a customers home.

My comments go to the uncomfortable position that will occur when the home owner or his teen age daughter steeped in liberal society and education or should I say indoctrination notices that gun and starts getting hysterical about it then the person carrying the gun gets defensive and instead of trying to calm the conversation down to reasonable starts insisting that he has a right to carry.

By the way I also feel that having a right to carry is not a reason to carry. You carry for self defense and the right only facilitates that action.

:facepalm:

Now you are getting ridiculous. You mean to tell me you expect people to change their everyday habits based on that unlikely scenario? You have a better chance actually being assaulted in someone else's home than something like that happening.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    :facepalm:

Now you are getting ridiculous. You mean to tell me you expect people to change their everyday habits based on that unlikely scenario? You have a better chance actually being assaulted in someone else's home than something like that happening.

Just pointing out that situations are different for us all.
    As for your last comment is my senario any more far fetched than those I see every day on this forum about home invasions or zombies??/
    IF you recall I started out merely saying that you should be open and honest with your homeower/customer and advise him that you carry.
    Personally I feel that we would all be better of to carry openly as Kirk said

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just pointing out that situations are different for us all.
    As for your last comment is my senario any more far fetched than those I see every day on this forum about home invasions or zombies??/
    IF you recall I started out merely saying that you should be open and honest with your homeower/customer and advise him that you carry.
    Personally I feel that we would all be better of to carry openly as Kirk said

Zombies? :laugh:

I'm working on getting us to the point of OC being normal here. But I fear that even other gunowners are working against me.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The fact that I carry is my personal business. I am not going to disclose it to anyone...especially people that I DON'T KNOW (especially if I were a contractor). Nor will I disclose any other of my personal business that someone might have a fear of or not allow in their home because of that knowledge.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Zombies? :laugh:

I'm working on getting us to the point of OC being normal here. But I fear that even other gunowners are working against me.

Not working against you just working for the same goal from a very different standpoint.
    Remember I'm an old guy raised in a time when people were open and honest when we didn't lock our door and especially not our shed. When there were guns in nearly every house and no one though a thing about it. You should be all means rail against the restrictions on your freedom but I don't always agree with the way you approach the problem.

I may be right or wrong but that is my opinion and I will continue to express it at every opportunity. WE are all still allowed our opinions even if they don't agree with the majority.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not working against you just working for the same goal from a very different standpoint.
    Remember I'm an old guy raised in a time when people were open and honest when we didn't lock our door and especially not our shed. When there were guns in nearly every house and no one though a thing about it. You should be all means rail against the restrictions on your freedom but I don't always agree with the way you approach the problem.

I may be right or wrong but that is my opinion and I will continue to express it at every opportunity. WE are all still allowed our opinions even if they don't agree with the majority.

I wasn't actually referring to you personally as working against me or anyone. I think that multiple approaches should always be used in a complex situation and to have a one minded approach to everything leaves you vulnerable. That is always my argument to CCers who hate OC and to liberals who hate freedom.

I think I have made my point clear enough here and I like to leave a discussion typically right after its over and before the horse starts to stink too bad... :):

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

Which is why a substantial number of posts gave him hints on how to carry more discretely, which then solves the problem, eh.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I am glad i read this thread so if I have a contractor comes to my house I will be ready to ask him if he carries.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    images

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think it all comes down to how YOU view a gun. To me, a gun is a tool. It has no mythical powers. If I were the OP, I wouldn't ask unless he feels it necessary to ask if its alright to bring his hammer in the house.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I think it all comes down to how YOU view a gun. To me, a gun is a tool. It has no mythical powers. If I were the OP, I wouldn't ask unless he feels it necessary to ask if its alright to bring his hammer in the house.

If its just like a hammer then you could. Just walk in the house with it in your hand, no need of all this talk of deep conceal, aka sneaking it in

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    All I have to say is, I will always carry. If a customer sees my weapon of choice and is offended, I will remove it from their property immediately upon request. If they ask me to leave and never come back, I will bill them for services rendered and move on. It's their right and my right. As I will honor the rules of their property. But in no way will I ever inform any one of my customers that I am carrying. I do not expect my customers to be liable for my safety PERIOD!

James

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    All I have to say is, I will always carry. If a customer sees my weapon of choice and is offended, I will remove it from their property immediately upon request. If they ask me to leave and never come back, I will bill them for services rendered and move on. It's their right and my right. As I will honor the rules of their property. But in no way will I ever inform any one of my customers that I am carrying. I do not expect my customers to be liable for my safety PERIOD!

James

Why not just tell them from the start, i just don't see the need to be sneaky.
    Tell them you carry for your protection ,and let them make an informed decsion so things don't turn ugly.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Tell them you carry for your protection ,and let them make an informed decsion so things don't turn ugly.

1) Do you generally carry out in public?

2) Do you generally announce everyone where you go that you carry and let people make an informed decision if they want to be around you?

3) Do you generally consider any form of concealed carry to be "sneaky"?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Because that's not the type of information we disclose to everyone we meet a stranger. Not very smart thing to do for a lot of reasons IMO. No need to have that conversation all the time.

If they do find out, and have a problem with it (*), then the carrier can remove the firearm(and perhaps himself) from the premise.

If someone doesn't want certain items in their home, it is up to them to tell me prior to my entering their home. I will gladly comply, most likely by not entering the home. If you can't trust me with a firearm, then you probably can't trust me around a kitchen knife, hammer, scissors, or a rock. Guns are not magical and should not be treated as such. It's just a tool that we carry...I don't think to inform/warn/ask at all when going places, no need.

Top Bottom