• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    OP said his friend was pulled over, while he was riding with said friend, one time and they both had a gun pointed at them.
    OP also said 4 of his friends had had guns pointed at them by FWPD.
    Based on the information given, it sounds like the question should be, "Why are the Fort Wayne Police so paranoid?"

Potayto/Potahto

Just one outsider's view (mine)... if you keep having "run ins" with the cops for whatever reason... well...

As for the FWPD? Meh. Can't speak to that...
    Never had an encounter with them, other than the other side of the counter.

:popcorn:

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    well from working law enforcement your best bet is to keep both hands at 10 and 2 on the stearing wheel and notifiy the officer that you are carrying and where it is located. this should stop alot of the gun pointing

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    well from working law enforcement your best bet is to keep both hands at 10 and 2 on the stearing wheel and notifiy the officer that you are carrying and where it is located. this should stop alot of the gun pointing

It does not. I had coffee in both my hands and I still got a gun pointed at me.

TailBlazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    If this happens multiple times to the same person. Maybe they should re-evaluate how they carry themselves when they are in this situation. If they pull a gun on you, this is probably before they know you are carrying. If it is not, what kind of impression are you giving off to make them think you are dangerous?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been pulled over twice in Fort Wayne since I've had my CCW and both times had the weapon on me. I didn't tell the officer, and he didn't ask. No guns were pointed at anyone and I went on about my day both times without so much as a written warning. Use lots of yes sirs, I'm sorry sirs, I'll do that sir, and you'll probably be just fine.

^^^ This guy need to not just be drawn on but stripped & cavity searched! Why? Because I know he'd probably like it. :D

Hey Kyle! :patriot:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have had the privilege of being pulled over in Fort Wayne. I received polite conversation and a speeding ticket that I well deserved.

I think it's time for some self-reflection: who am I hanging with...am I in the right place at the right time with the right people doing the right thing...what do I look like...how do I present myself in public...am I doing something or running with somebody that brings unwanted or undo attention to myself or could get me in trouble? If I don't like (a) being pulled over or (b) having an officer draw down on me, what behavior do I need to change so it doesn't happen again?

Otherwise, to hang this on FWPD as routine traffic stop procedure is pure :poop:.

When facing an officer holding a gun pointed at you, do what the officer says. It's that simple. And, it is no time to be agitated, verbally aggressive, or moving around.

Oh, yeah, Mom always said nothing good ever happens after midnight.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Protocol is you are suppose to inform the officer that you are armed. I got to do this a couple months ago so I'll share the story.

My son is on I74 and the engine blows, there is a resulting grass fire in the ditch. He calls me and I tell him to call 911 and tell them about what mile maker he is at and that there is a fire in the ditch. It's about 10:30pm so I grab my sidearm, 1.5million candle power flashlight and a fire extinguisher. By the time I get there the fire is being put out and we check out the car. State trooper pulls up behind the car and has all the lights on us, I'm on the other side of the car and the hood is open. My carry is pretty much covered by my coat.

I took about 3 steps to the left, this gave the officer a good view of me. My hands were in plain sight. The conversation went like this.

Me: "Officer, I understand that I have to inform you that I am armed"
    Trooper: "Do you have the weapon on you?"
    Me: "Yes"
    Trooper: "Where is it and is it loaded?"
    Me: "My right hip and yes."
    Trooper: "Ok, would you mind turning your back to me and placing your hands on your head?"
    Me: "No mam that is not a problem"
    Trooper: "Now remove the weapon for the holster and hold it out to the side"
    Me: I take the weapon from the holster and extend my right are to its full length. Making sure my hand was in no threatening position on the weapon.

Trooper takes the gun drops the clip and clears the chamber and tells me I can put my hands down and turn around if I'd like. Trooper calls the gun in blah blah blah, we have a nice chat about things. Then she asks me if I was told or taught that was how to handle that kind of situation. I told her no, but I did read the rules and the do's and don't of the of carrying a gun. And it just seems to be a bit of common sense. At the conclusion of business I get my gun back.

Back to post that started this all. Quite simply you might want to change your driving habits if you and your buds are worried about getting pulled over so much.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I don't care about protocol. I care about what the law says.

I won't inform an officer that I am armed. Honestly, it isn't worth it in my opinion. I'd rather not get disarmed when I am legally carrying within my rights. Just give me the ticket and I'll move on.

I'm not the type to give up my rights just to make another person or officer feel safer. Some people think that we should give up our freedoms in order to feel safer. Just like the people that think it is acceptable for officers to search your car or house without consent or a warrant because they don't have anything to hide. These are the same people that agree with the government scooping up American terrorist SUSPECTS and whisking them away to an undisclosed location indefinitely without a trial. The problem with this is that our government has a large definition of terrorists.

Some may think we're just being difficult, but I call it preserving our rights.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. ~Woodrow Wilson[/FONT]

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Protocol is you are suppose to inform the officer that you are armed. I got to do this a couple months ago so I'll share the story.

My son is on I74 and the engine blows, there is a resulting grass fire in the ditch. He calls me and I tell him to call 911 and tell them about what mile maker he is at and that there is a fire in the ditch. It's about 10:30pm so I grab my sidearm, 1.5million candle power flashlight and a fire extinguisher. By the time I get there the fire is being put out and we check out the car. State trooper pulls up behind the car and has all the lights on us, I'm on the other side of the car and the hood is open. My carry is pretty much covered by my coat.

I took about 3 steps to the left, this gave the officer a good view of me. My hands were in plain sight. The conversation went like this.

Me: "Officer, I understand that I have to inform you that I am armed"
    Trooper: "Do you have the weapon on you?"
    Me: "Yes"
    Trooper: "Where is it and is it loaded?"
    Me: "My right hip and yes."
    Trooper: "Ok, would you mind turning your back to me and placing your hands on your head?"
    Me: "No mam that is not a problem"
    Trooper: "Now remove the weapon for the holster and hold it out to the side"
    Me: I take the weapon from the holster and extend my right are to its full length. Making sure my hand was in no threatening position on the weapon.

Trooper takes the gun drops the clip and clears the chamber and tells me I can put my hands down and turn around if I'd like. Trooper calls the gun in blah blah blah, we have a nice chat about things. Then she asks me if I was told or taught that was how to handle that kind of situation. I told her no, but I did read the rules and the do's and don't of the of carrying a gun. And it just seems to be a bit of common sense. At the conclusion of business I get my gun back.

Back to post that started this all. Quite simply you might want to change your driving habits if you and your buds are worried about getting pulled over so much.
    So the trooper took your gun and created a dangerous situation by jacking with it, when you could have just not said anything and been fine? Wow!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

I understand that I DO NOT have to inform that I am armed"
    END OF STORY!!!!

FTFY!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom