• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Same as before.... private building owners or private lessees of public buildings can prohibit firearms. Refusal to leave after being asked could result in a trespass charge.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Same as before.... private building owners or private lessees of public buildings can prohibit firearms. Refusal to leave after being asked could result in a trespass charge.

From what I have read and heard, this looks right. I think I'm going to search this IN law up. I tend to carry and want to be sure I'm not breaking any laws.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I go into our local Verizon with my carry piece, concealed that is. I have not seen any gun buster signs there.

If you cant bring outside food or drinks, leave your gun in the car.

Yea, they threw me out last time I went in with my cooler and a grill to look for a new phone!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carried in there (Noblesville) a few years back. Small of the back carry will probably be OK, as the pat downs were very light, and concentrated on cargo pockets and front pockets from what I saw. An ankle holster would work well also.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I was patted down last summer, sloppily. Ankle holster would have worked, thunderwear (for those who are in to that sort of thing ;)) would have worked, supertuck could have possibly worked if you've got a cell phone holster to add some outside visible bulk over your holster, but I'd prefer a blade on me if it's gonna be a packed concert. I'm a good shot, but I'd feel terrible hitting someone innocent whilst attempting to protect someone innocent.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    As a former IATSE, -||- IATSE International -||, Sound tech that has worked at Verizon in the past I would say be careful.

Depending on the show searches go anywhere from nothing to everyone gets wanded AND patted down. I was working at an OZ Fest one year when a group of people brought in knives to cut themselves during the OZZY performance, you can't make this stuff up, and they increased searches after that for some of the "harder shows". I would also advise against it as there is a large crowd of people and heaven forbid you had to use it what if you missed and hit an innocent.

As for a knife they have a no weapons policy so unless you can conceal it really well and train to fight with it I would recommend against it as well.

Also there are LARGE amounts of alcohol being served and consumed so there are a lot of stupid people there who get courageous and look for people to fight.

so take my advice for what you paid for it and make your own decision.

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    Thanks everyone. I have friends going to the kid rock concert coming up. I probably won't be going now, firearm or not. Just not my thing. I am not to keen on paying to go somewhere and having to be patted down to enter whether I am carrying or not. that's just me.

Thanks again

Latigo

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I think MY justification for carrying wouldn't be so much for IN the show, but rather my walk to/from my car. Show probably gets out halfway late. Seems more likely to be trouble in the lot than in the arena.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think MY justification for carrying wouldn't be so much for IN the show, but rather my walk to/from my car. Show probably gets out halfway late. Seems more likely to be trouble in the lot than in the arena.
    Yep, this is my main concern as well. And I really hate leaving my weapon in the car, just wouldn't be able to enjoy the show because of worrying about the car. The safest place for my gun is on me.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a small (one pistol) lock box that I bolted to the floor in my trunk. I dont care for not having my pistol on me, but there are times when it is necessary.

As far as carry in a concert, I dont think it would be a good idea, too much opportunity for collateral damage. I have been to a few concerts there, and the worst I have ever seen was a guy that got beat up by a girl. He started it, she finished it. The place that makes my skin crawl is the walk back to the car, where security and crowd are usually not as concentrated.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I go to concerts every summer. I have noticed like others have said it depends on the concert. Last summer I went to the Montgomery Gentry concert that had 5 bands on main stage and smaller groups on a small stage. I got patted down worse then my wife did. The felt every pocket on my shorts then made me lift my legs for some reason. The pat down around the waist and underarms was pretty good. The only problem I have ever had there was after a show some friends and I got back to the car and some drunks were mad about the Marine Corps sticker on the back window. They mostly yelled and screamed called us names, we had to listen to it all the way out.

Top Bottom