• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Last safe I bought had an electronic lock. Bought a s&g dial for $110 and changed it out. Take the door panel off and the change out is easy, hole pattern was the same on mine. There was one hole that was only drilled from the factory that I had to run a tap into.

That's what I would look into once you get it open.

For the locksmiths here or ones that have changed out electronic key pads for dial locks, would the S & G 6730-100 be a compatible lock, like you are talking about? From what I have read, you have to watch out for the door thickness, to make sure the lock will work.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just switched mine out last night with a S&G 6730 and it was easy. Fortunately everything was a quick switchout with no extra work. If you take the inside panel off you'll see the lock box inside. You just want to measure the thickness off the door from inside there. My new S&G dial came with a 1 3/4" shaft on the dial which was more than enough to where I had to cut about 3/4" off of it.

Previously in this thread on page 7 I posted a YouTube video that shows the process.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    lets take it out and shoot it maybe some tannerite. I would be more than willing to pay 50.00 to shoot it up. If we can get enough people we can get you a new safe paid for :)

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I fellow INGO member is shipping a new keypad and lock actuator to me in todays mail. When it gets here this week I will try to get in. If it does not work, I'm in on blowing it apart. I'm not sure about the 3000-5000 rnds of ammo and all my magazines for my long guns. That might get a little hairy.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If you're going to destroy he safe anyway...wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a plasma cutter and go in through the door? I mean, a guy here about a year ago said safe's are a waste of money anyway...and he could defeat them in less than 5 minutes. Look him up.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I'm hoping the new keypad gets me in. If not I'm going in thru the bottom, beat the fire resintance drywall out of the way and open door. I will change out the actuator and add a spin dial and weld a new bottom on safe. Then bolt it down to floor in my shop.

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I'm in Seymour and have a S&G digital that I pulled out of my Canon safe when I swapped it for a dial lock.

If you don't want to wait for the unit in the mail I can get this one to you.

It was replaced because it would not consistently open...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm hoping the new keypad gets me in. If not I'm going in thru the bottom, beat the fire resintance drywall out of the way and open door. I will change out the actuator and add a spin dial and weld a new bottom on safe. Then bolt it down to floor in my shop.
    You won't need fire. That safe can be compromised in less than 10 minutes

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I'm in Seymour and have a S&G digital that I pulled out of my Canon safe when I swapped it for a dial lock.

If you don't want to wait for the unit in the mail I can get this one to you.

It was replaced because it would not consistently open...
    PM was sent to you with phone number.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    The new keypad did not work. I called Cannon and after some much heated conversation they set me up with a Locksmith out of KY. He is coming today to drill the safe. I talked to the locksmith and he had me try many different ways to get in and no luck. he will bring a new Keypad and actuator. He is not sure if a dial combo will work on my safe because of the actuator only has two mounting screws instead of three. At least I will get in today. Thanks Cannon.:stickpoke:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hope he can get in and you'll finally be out of this mess. I can't imagine the frustration you've been through with all of this.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Locksmith showed up from Kentucky and drilled opened the safe, Now ammo and mags are reunited with the long guns.:rockwoot: The new actuator that cannon sent to replace my old one was installed and it was bad also.:bash: Had to be shimmed or it would not unlock the door. What are they doing at work nowadays I don't know. The locksmith said he would be filling out the papers to see if a new safe is in my future, if so its spin dial or nothing. Waiting on Cannon Safes to decide. Also where he had to drill will show from now on, the dial pad is to small to cover the spot where the metal mender was used to cover the drill hole.

Last edited:

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    INGO member db308 gave me a dial pad and actuator this past weekend for free, unfortunately it did not fit. But He was a kind enough to bring it to me and not charge a thing. I thought a lot of what he tried to do so I want to Thank him. Any help with good reps for him would be nice.

Top Bottom