• ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Saudi Arabia Urged Not to Paralyze Man as Punishment for a Fight

According to this article, the Saudi government is well on it's way to having a hospital sever the spinal cord of a man who paralyzed another man in a fight. Apparently, this sort of thing is common and permissible under their "religious" law.

This transcends religion---this is about HUMAN RIGHTS. This amounts to nothing less than torture. The international community is calling on Saudi Arabia not to torture it's citizens.

More at the source.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Countries that have eye for an eye laws haver VERY low crime rates.........

Rape someone and get castrated, steal and loose a hand, steal again and loose the other.. hard to steal again with no hands......

You get in a firght and hurt someone, the same will happen to you...

Some will stone a woman for adultry... people say it is wrong....... well she should not have done it either and stonings happend a lot in the Bible......

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It's a slippery slope based on Islamic law. So much for appeals. Kinda hard to appeal your spine being severed when it's already done.

I don't see adultery being a capital offense. As far as their crime rates being low, keep in mind that many crimes are not prosecuted if they are commited by men against women. As you can imagine, in certain countries, that is a HUGE amount of crimes that are never prosecuted.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's a slippery slope based on Islamic law. So much for appeals. Kinda hard to appeal your spine being severed when it's already done.

I don't see adultery being a capital offense. As far as their crime rates being low, keep in mind that many crimes are not prosecuted if they are commited by men against women. As you can imagine, in certain countries, that is a HUGE amount of crimes that are never prosecuted.

Not saying the system is perfect, ours sure are not..

Many countries in Africa have the same laws and are not Islamic.

That's all I am going to say because religon talk is against the rules..... just saying many counties use this practice that are not Islamic..... I don't feel saying that is religion talk, if it is then the mods can remove it.

I applaud them honestly.......... I mean, steal twice and good luck doing it again..... how many repet offenders do we have here? How many have ben caught stealing more then twice?

They also have low prision populations if any....... take you out and chop off your hand and see you later have a nice day.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Castrate the rapists.....let the men fight if they want to fight.

We in the US of A handle our legal affairs the complete opposite and are plagued with criminals on the streets that will never be brought to justice, whether they are caught or not. Their way leaves them with almost no crime but some situations like this one in which the punishment may or may not fit. Neither one of us have the perfect solution.

BTW...Nuke them??? It is not our problem, let them run their country as they see fit. Meddling in other peoples affairs is one of our countries BIGGEST problems, so I find the title of this thread rather ridiculous.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Rape someone and get castrated, steal and loose a hand, steal again and loose the other.. hard to steal again with no hands......

You get in a firght and hurt someone, the same will happen to you.

Shoot someone in self-defense, you get shot. Eye for an eye.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I guess he won't be paralyzing anyone else during a fight.

It's really unfortunate the the Saudi's don't spend ridiculous amounts of their trillions of oil dollars on appeals based on total BS and technicalities which have nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    This is slippery to judge.

In all honesty, I let a ***** handle they're own life.

I dont care to involve my Country into some 3rd world wackjob nation; it always spells disaster.

With the crime at hand, I think in a sense it's very extreme/overkill, but on the other hand I do support an eye for an eye.

I doubt it would fly in the Western world as we have devolved into some other creature of thought.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wow... nuclear war / WWIII would cause a lot more innocent deaths than it would save.

I am also surprised at people who praise the Saudi Police State / dictatorship. I mean, yikes. Seriously.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I say let them do whatever they want to their own people.
    They have no love for us, why should we care one whit about them?

On another level, I personally think we should start from one side of the border and "Carpet Bomb" the entire area, seize the oil fields, call it a day.

If they complain, explain to these Idiots, If you cannot maintain control of your people, and keep them from blowing people up, WE WILL!!!

Just my opinion after burying fellow soldiers who came back in boxes.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow... nuclear war / WWIII would cause a lot more innocent deaths than it would save.

I am also surprised at people who praise the Saudi Police State / dictatorship. I mean, yikes. Seriously.

For the record, I wasn't praising them. I was just pointing out that that kind of "justice" isn't confined to just Islam. Plus I think it would be stupid to denounce one of the few... "allies" that we have over there. Yes, I know, they're not REALLY an Ally, but it's one of the closest things we have to an Ally over there. Save only for Israel.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    For the record, I wasn't praising them. I was just pointing out that that kind of "justice" isn't confined to just Islam. Plus I think it would be stupid to denounce one of the few... "allies" that we have over there. Yes, I know, they're not REALLY an Ally, but it's one of the closest things we have to an Ally over there. Save only for Israel.

I think a history lession would scare the crap out of many folks here.

If you can imagine a time when Arabs were scared to death of Europe; When Europeans were called barbaric.

When the Laws of the West, would strike terror into the heart of criminals (Cowards).

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, Be wrongfully acused of a crime, and see how much you'll come to appreciate the possibility for appeal, and not automatically have (insert eye for an eye action here). Contrary to the belief of some, our legal system is light years better than those of a Dictatorial Theocracy...I would rather a guilty defendant be found innocent and get away with a crime than an innocent defendant be wrongfully found guilty.:twocents:

And as far as the origanal "nuke" comment, how much good will you do the poor bastard being paralyzed if he is disentrigrated????

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Shoot someone in self-defense, you get shot. Eye for an eye.

Sounds like the guy in the original post was the agressor (one getting paralized)....... and eye for an eye applies for when someone does something to you. not the other way around.....

People can say they are barbaric all they want but many countries that have those laws have VERY low crime rates period...... they don't have repeat offenders over and over again, they don't have to release prisoners early because the jails are over crowded...... as a rule they don't have to spend much on prisions because either they have none or have few......

Look at prisons in South America..... there are some that the inmates rule the place and the guards are just on the wall to keep people out, the HIV rate is HIGH, just eating the food or drinking the water can kill you, very few beds, showers are on 2 hours a week........ would you think twice about commiting a chrime there compared to here were you get TV, multiple clean meals a day, a nice bed to sleep on, A/C and heat?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I was trying to be humorous with the NUKE title...in hindsight I suppose it really wasn't all that funny.

I was more trying to point out that it's a barbaric way to deal "justice". I have no problem castrating rapists, but severing the spinal cord of a man---REALLY?!? How is that NOT considered torture? The inability to appeal is also something that is overlooked---what if the man in question DIDN'T start the fight, defended himself, and is now facing paralysis for defending himself?

Top Bottom