• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    glocks are cool have handled and shot several 9s and 45s the recoil absorbtion from the frame flexing is amazing. have not handled any other polymer frame would be interesting to compare.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Can't explain the fascination... only thing I know is that resistance is futile. :D

Glock_throwdown.jpg

That's a sweet lineup you got there!:rockwoot:

Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    I could tell you a cool feature about the Glocks, If your trigger main spring breaks it will still function. After you shoot continue to hold the trigger down and just let off enough to reset and fire it again. If you accidentally let off of the trigger hold it all the way down and work the slide just enough to reset the trigger, then release slightly and fire. I'm pretty sure it is the only weapon on the market that you can do this with! Hope this was clear as mud!

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    I'm not trying to start a flame/brand war - I'm just honestly curious. What's the fascination some people have with Glocks? Is it just a respect/appreciation for pure function over form? I mean, to me, they just have no sense of "style" and look, I don't know, very plain/generic. Sure, a gun is a tool, I know, but still... I like a certain look in a gun.

I'm looking to add another quality 9mm ... and I'm trying to understand the "Glock thing."
    I JUST DONT GET THE WHOLE PLASIC GUN:dunno: THING IVE SHOT GLOCKS, RUGERS, WALTHERS ,SIGS AND STILL LIKE 1911TYPE PISTOLS BERETTAS OTHER METAL FRAM WOOD GRIP MASTERPIECES BETTER .:twocents:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    However the glock is more picky with ammo than the sigma is.
    My Glock is picky with ammo too... It simply won't fire without it!! :D

I have been thinking about renting one at pop guns this weekend just to check it out. I hope the one they have isn't utterly beaten to crap.

Be sure to wear a respirator. I was in there last week and there was ZERO ventilation. There was a haze of smoke and it was actually hard to breath. As much as it pains me to say, Pops is the 2nd best indoor range in Indy and there are only 2. As soon as I get my membership to DCC, I hopefully will never have to visit either again.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I own 3 Glocks now. 2 10mms and a .357 SIG. I've had 17, 19, 20, 21, 17L and 30s. Now it's down to a 20, 29 and 33. They are utilitarian to me. I grab the 33 when I walk the dog or when working in the garage. I might throw it or the 29 in the car for quick trips. The 20 has a Glock lite/laser on it an rest near my bed. They are deadly reliable and decent tools. I never worry about hurting them or having one not work. The only other gun I feel that I feel as comfortable with is my P7.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Because Glocks are the best :D Really though, they arent for everyone. Go with what works best for you. There are so many great firearms out there to choose from. I dont think there is such a thing as the best, just the best for each individual person. :ingo:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I don't understand it either (though my views have softened someone since I've been on INGO.) Glocks don't do anything better then a lot of other guns and do some things a lot worse. The pros and cons list says it all.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don't understand it either (though my views have softened someone since I've been on INGO.) Glocks don't do anything better then a lot of other guns and do some things a lot worse. The pros and cons list says it all.

you are correct, it is just another gun.

Messing with the haters is just a perk. ;)

Top Bottom