• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Have you seen what good 3rd world Muslims do to women and girls in their country? They come here thinking they can do the same. You don't want that here. They need a huge re-education before being released onto our streets.
    And that is why they are being detained in multiple military bases.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Because there are literally still Americans on the ground, left by their government to die in a hostile country, the very government that they were serving
    As I said, "a near-facsimile based on reasonable opportunity and logistics."
    Undeniably - yes. They are our citizens and it was the responsibility of the government they served to get them out. While I feel for the Afghan allies, their job was to stay and build their own government. It was not our job to get them out and give them asylum, literally OVER the dead bodies of our citizens and servicemen.

They knew the risks, and they gave up and fled. Anyone know how many of the other military allies (Britain, France, etc.) evacuated Afghan asylees?

Exactly
    Multiple allies are taking in refugees. You seem to believe evacuating ANA and allied Afghanis and evacuating US citizens are mutually exclusive tasks. This is clearly false, and to claim it is to be disingenuously dense.
    No one is throwing a fit about the situation, we just recognize it for what it is. Our government once again acting unilaterally and without care of it’s own citizens in service of the global hegemony, all on the backs of the taxpayer, with detrimental effects to be had on those taxpayers in the form of increased taxes, crowding of cities, cultural clashes and increased crime.
    Oh this is clearly the community throwing a fit.

I don't know what the big deal is. I'm guessing the average user here is a white suburban or rural guy, above the age of 40. Why be upset? This won't effect your life at all. Government spending will decrease, but your taxes won't, since spending and taxes are unrelated figures. None of your lives will be effected in any way, but theirs will be saved. Besides, we're all gun owners, right? Certainly the magic machine in the sock drawer we don't practice or train with will save us, should trouble arise, right?

But seriously, you're fine and you'll be fine. Maybe you should try to meet these guys, they could probably teach you a thing or two.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Clearly Bolt thrower is very passionate for the idea of taking care of the Afghan Muslims. I can really appreciate the detail in your opinions. I have people in Hungary, where islam has been a difficult balance for 1000 years, and the wife has people in Sweden. Both are finding their humanitarian efforts are not working very well, and the demands of the immigrants are impossible to meet. They also cannot maintain their own civilization because of dealing with the criminality. In no place in history have I ever learned that trying to blend islam with any other culture was successful in the long term. The entire system is based around destroying every thing that is not islam. Find one community in the USA with a majority of islamists where the Constitutional rights of American citizens are observed

Yes, I am sure you personally know some really great people, and I do too, but you are not getting 120,000 Physicians and Engineers that put away their cultural views to become comfortable western capitalists.

From all the answers, I can tell that we will never agree. They reveal an almost religious faith in the ability of our government to judge character and integrity of anyone, including people whose entire world view is different from the rest of civilization. On the other hand, I have ZERO faith that the current Federal Government will do things correctly at any level, even if it just randomly happens by dumb luck. Our nation is in no condition to take on any more huge international projects. Even the biggest liberal I know is getting pretty upset with government sponsored people tearing up his rental properties, not paying rent, and driving away the good paying tenants.

The statement that "no ones life will be affected" was clearly an ideal not based on reality. Even in America, people have been burned out of their home in what was a nice city neighborhood, They have been burglarized, robbed, beaten, lost a family business and all the hard earned equity in real estate when a city changed. Been there, done that

Last edited:

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I am curious where Boltthrower is getting the information from. Importing people who can't read or write in any language, have cultural and religious views which mandate killing Americans and history of not assimilating. Sounds like a great idea. Most on the planes were not vetted and can't be sent back. The State department will resettle them. If I were ISIS, the first on the planes would be the ones fresh out of the prisons. It is east to be naive when young. Just checking on how this has gone with other nations should be enough to know better.
    As far as not caring because of age. When one spends their life building up something, they are not appreciative of watching it destroyed because someone wants to feel virtuous.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    As I said, "a near-facsimile based on reasonable opportunity and logistics."

Multiple allies are taking in refugees. You seem to believe evacuating ANA and allied Afghanis and evacuating US citizens are mutually exclusive tasks. This is clearly false, and to claim it is to be disingenuously dense.

Oh this is clearly the community throwing a fit.

I don't know what the big deal is. I'm guessing the average user here is a white suburban or rural guy, above the age of 40. Why be upset? This won't effect your life at all. Government spending will decrease, but your taxes won't, since spending and taxes are unrelated figures. None of your lives will be effected in any way, but theirs will be saved. Besides, we're all gun owners, right? Certainly the magic machine in the sock drawer we don't practice or train with will save us, should trouble arise, right?

But seriously, you're fine and you'll be fine. Maybe you should try to meet these guys, they could probably teach you a thing or two.

I wish I could be as hopeful as you are, but I’ve been around the block enough to know exactly how this plays out. I wish that this situation was gonna turn up roses and everyone will live happily ever after, but it won’t. It WILL happen exactly as I said, because it happens every time these refugee programs are run. The refugee population is thrust upon a community, they continue to live their way without assimilating, and with blatant refusal of the law. Said refusal to adhere to law and community culture always creates ethnic divides within the community, and the taxpaying public always gets put on the hook for the increased costs due crime, education and health care.

I’ve seen this first hand on the south side of Indy. Burmese/Chin refugees were brought in and took over whole pockets of Perry Township. Apartment complexes have been turned into run-down favelas, and drunk driving, theft, burglary and sex assault cases have increased exponentially. Small businesses have been forced out of business due to loss of market. Houses and apartments have been burnt down because of kitchen practices. Student performance as a whole has gone down due to the language barrier and specialized learning practices have been put into place for those students while others are left to fend for themselves. Unemployment is high and as a result, lack of income tax, which results in other taxpayers having to pony up for the school’s increases in population and needs. Property values have gone down. Medical practices have had to take on extra personnel to translate and many customers have no insurance and/or refuse to pay their bills. Add to all of this the fact that their (taxpayer funded) $250,000 payment from the government is running out and the mortgages and cars that they purchased with that money are starting to be repoed.

Lest anyone think this is a tirade, it is not. It is simple observation and being smack dab in the middle of it, with firsthand experience in law enforcement, and friends and family in the schools and medical offices. And this is also not to say that it is culture-wide; there are many, most likely the majority, who have come and (at least minimally) assimilated and learned the language, taken jobs and even opened businesses. But with the small percentage that has refused to assimilate, the social and environmental changes are clearly palpable. Heck, my neighbors are Chin, and thus far have seemed to be nice people. They keep their yard up, and the house doesn’t appear to be falling down. However they’ve never gone beyond a simple wave, only returned when given, and have not been responsive to neighborly chitchat. And thus far I only see one person going to work out of five adults, with three kids in school and five cars in the driveway. That is simply not a successful economical model and I wouldn’t doubt that they would be experiencing financial trouble in the near future.

I was on the ground here in Indy when the cabbie holding line at the airport was awash in music, dancing, burning of American flags and “death to America” chants from the Somali cab drivers when the towers were attacked. I’ve witnessed MS-13 gang members go into a local store and commit vandalism to harass and intimidate the store owner for a shakedown. I’ve responded to a group of Muslim adult men surrounding and harassing an adult female for wearing shameful clothing.

All in all, between this example of a refugee population wherein an estimate of 50-60% of the population assimilates to the lowest extent possible, combined with the examples we see out of the Somali population here in Indianapolis and Minnesota, and Muslim refugees in Europe, needless to say, I don’t hold out much hope that “this time will be different.”

This is not xenophobia or racism, it’s simply fact. And I truly believed the melting pot was possible, but that hope is all but gone. We are too divided and no longer culturally homogeneous, standing upon American ideals.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have no experience with the Afghans. But I won't condemn them all based on the actions of a some of them. There are plenty of white, black, brown and yellow people already doing evil to others here. We can not reverse what has been done but we can use the laws and justice system to deal with the wrong doers. Be prepared to defend oneself and family.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While the southern section of Afghanistan does feature a desert, the majority of the country is mountainous woodland.

You may be confusing Afghanistan with Iraq, which is in a much more arid climate, and was part of the same war on terror the US was enaged in during the early 00s.

The chupacabra is a mythical creature from Mexican folklore, and would be both geographically unavailable and too fictitious to prevent the wrongdoings of any villains that might arrive, though none will.

Running joke. When my home was being constructed the Mexican's who worked on it claimed that a Chupacabra lived in the woods and were scared of it. The stone masons even made small hex statues to keep it away while they were here. ;)

Lighten up, this is a great place, I've learned a lot here.:)

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I am curious where Boltthrower is getting the information from. Importing people who can't read or write in any language, have cultural and religious views which mandate killing Americans and history of not assimilating. Sounds like a great idea. Most on the planes were not vetted and can't be sent back. The State department will resettle them. If I were ISIS, the first on the planes would be the ones fresh out of the prisons. It is east to be naive when young. Just checking on how this has gone with other nations should be enough to know better.
    As far as not caring because of age. When one spends their life building up something, they are not appreciative of watching it destroyed because someone wants to feel virtuous.
    If Bolt wants them here they should go live with Bolt and family and others like him/her. It's one thing to run your mouth about matters they clearly have no understanding of. Those who were brought over will not assimilate to American values be it left in the middle, or right wing views. Maybe a small percentage might but that's about it. Many of us had a chance to live around, and with these people for several years. You do not want them here unless they are vetted properly, educated, and have something to better America. All that will happen is they will make things worse if they are not.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I'm kind of split on this. I believe there are some who risked everything to help our men & women on the ground over there and they've certainly done more to earn a shot here than the hundreds of thousands uncle dipshit has coming across the southern border.

I’m not. A small percentage may have helped our forces but we were over there because of their tolerance and ambivalence to scumbags in the first place. We gave them 20 years to get their crap together. That’s more of a head start than any other nation in history.

People need to understand that success is earned not given. If they aren’t willing to take back their country then they don’t deserve a ticket here.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I though we were fighting them over there so we didn't have to fight them here. As far as you young uns that don't want to paint them with a broad brush- y'all as so cute but dangerously stupid. The success of refugees from these illiterate countries is amazing. Like what the Somali's have created in Wisconsin. Comparing them to former migrants from Christian based countries that wanted to become Americans is invalid. What you are encouraging is separating the U.S. into tribal areas with special carve outs for what laws are enforced. Give our enemies safe, paid for, havens. Let them elect politicians and then this country allows them to "serve" on intelligence committees. Why don't you just kill yourselves and leave the rest of us alone ?
    On the plus side, the did paint over the Saint George mural, so that is a plus

What these fools are advocating is to continue national suicide so they can feel moral and virtuous with actually being either

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I though we were fighting them over there so we didn't have to fight them here. As far as you young uns that don't want to paint them with a broad brush- y'all as so cute but dangerously stupid. The success of refugees from these illiterate countries is amazing. Like what the Somali's have created in Wisconsin. Comparing them to former migrants from Christian based countries that wanted to become Americans is invalid. What you are encouraging is separating the U.S. into tribal areas with special carve outs for what laws are enforced. Give our enemies safe, paid for, havens. Let them elect politicians and then this country allows them to "serve" on intelligence committees. Why don't you just kill yourselves and leave the rest of us alone ?
    On the plus side, the did paint over the Saint George mural, so that is a plus

I think you should use purple.

There's a few members on this forum that'd say something like that seriously.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    What - they left the women and children behind ? Well, they are only considered property in their culture. I am sure we can learn them how do things properly.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Americans still on the ground, with plane loads of fighting age males made it over.

Unacceptable and unforgivable.

I hope in future military recruitment ads they include a disclaimer:
    *You may be abandoned on the other side of the world and no organized efforts will be made to save you

Top Bottom