• ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I hope in future military recruitment ads they include a disclaimer:
    *You may be abandoned on the other side of the world and no organized efforts will be made to save you
    We left military personnel over there too?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"Obviously, communication barriers can be a bit of a challenge at times,”

Even though these are the translators that worked for the US.....interesting.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I doubt every one of them is a translator. There are other ways to help out an invading force or get valid green cards.

Would be interesting to know a percentage breakdown.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

They are also at Riley in Indy. I was up there saturday to visit and they had 2 soldiers with them.

I was at Atterbury this past Thursday to check progress on a job and they have free run of the base from what I saw. Security still is s*** as they hardly look at your ID and wave you through without question.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I wish I could be as hopeful as you are, but I’ve been around the block enough to know exactly how this plays out. I wish that this situation was gonna turn up roses and everyone will live happily ever after, but it won’t. It WILL happen exactly as I said, because it happens every time these refugee programs are run. The refugee population is thrust upon a community, they continue to live their way without assimilating, and with blatant refusal of the law. Said refusal to adhere to law and community culture always creates ethnic divides within the community, and the taxpaying public always gets put on the hook for the increased costs due crime, education and health care.

I’ve seen this first hand on the south side of Indy. Burmese/Chin refugees were brought in and took over whole pockets of Perry Township. Apartment complexes have been turned into run-down favelas, and drunk driving, theft, burglary and sex assault cases have increased exponentially. Small businesses have been forced out of business due to loss of market. Houses and apartments have been burnt down because of kitchen practices. Student performance as a whole has gone down due to the language barrier and specialized learning practices have been put into place for those students while others are left to fend for themselves. Unemployment is high and as a result, lack of income tax, which results in other taxpayers having to pony up for the school’s increases in population and needs. Property values have gone down. Medical practices have had to take on extra personnel to translate and many customers have no insurance and/or refuse to pay their bills. Add to all of this the fact that their (taxpayer funded) $250,000 payment from the government is running out and the mortgages and cars that they purchased with that money are starting to be repoed.

Lest anyone think this is a tirade, it is not. It is simple observation and being smack dab in the middle of it, with firsthand experience in law enforcement, and friends and family in the schools and medical offices. And this is also not to say that it is culture-wide; there are many, most likely the majority, who have come and (at least minimally) assimilated and learned the language, taken jobs and even opened businesses. But with the small percentage that has refused to assimilate, the social and environmental changes are clearly palpable. Heck, my neighbors are Chin, and thus far have seemed to be nice people. They keep their yard up, and the house doesn’t appear to be falling down. However they’ve never gone beyond a simple wave, only returned when given, and have not been responsive to neighborly chitchat. And thus far I only see one person going to work out of five adults, with three kids in school and five cars in the driveway. That is simply not a successful economical model and I wouldn’t doubt that they would be experiencing financial trouble in the near future.

I was on the ground here in Indy when the cabbie holding line at the airport was awash in music, dancing, burning of American flags and “death to America” chants from the Somali cab drivers when the towers were attacked. I’ve witnessed MS-13 gang members go into a local store and commit vandalism to harass and intimidate the store owner for a shakedown. I’ve responded to a group of Muslim adult men surrounding and harassing an adult female for wearing shameful clothing.

All in all, between this example of a refugee population wherein an estimate of 50-60% of the population assimilates to the lowest extent possible, combined with the examples we see out of the Somali population here in Indianapolis and Minnesota, and Muslim refugees in Europe, needless to say, I don’t hold out much hope that “this time will be different.”

This is not xenophobia or racism, it’s simply fact. And I truly believed the melting pot was possible, but that hope is all but gone. We are too divided and no longer culturally homogeneous, standing upon American ideals.
    The problem is this: The people who really want to be American work very hard to get here and ensure that they don't screw up the opportunity by assimilating and being responsible citizens, often better than those born here. Those who've won the refugee lottery without having to put much effort in will treat the opportunity like many lottery winners do; don't behave responsibly and end up broke in a few years. I'm not saying all refugees squander their opportunity in this way, but I can guarantee you the number that do are a much higher percentage than the first bunch.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Trusted "little birdy" source ...

Several Aghani men have gone missing from the base.

There have been sexual assaults.

You know how San Francisco has a "poo in the street/sidewalk" app? Yeah.

There are dozens of pregnant women. Franklin and Columbus hospitals will be sharing the load there as the base doesn't have the infrastructure.

There are concerns about smallpox, measles, and TB.

TLDR: fustercluck.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I don't know if it's related, but I've been seeing more military helicopters heading south over the past few days.
    Its not. Piliots getting their hours in before fy is over. And the Public Affairs officer should be releasing more information this week. Lastly i am not comfortable withit but the refugees are free to leave, cause they are refugees and not POW's. They have to have all their vaccinations and do have to sign some paper work before they can leave giving up some "benifits". This is all state departments rules. not the military. The military just got handed the $h!+ sandwich and told to eat it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Its not. Piliots getting their hours in before fy is over. And the Public Affairs officer should be releasing more information this week. Lastly i am not comfortable withit but the refugees are free to leave, cause they are refugees and not POW's. They have to have all their vaccinations and do have to sign some paper work before they can leave giving up some "benifits". This is all state departments rules. not the military. The military just got handed the $h!+ sandwich and told to eat it.
    ALL their vaccinations?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I feel like this article leaves a lot of followup questions on the table. Did they just copy and paste the press release?

I would have asked ...

"Less than 1% of the refugees at Atterbury have required any sort of hospitalization off base, Howell said."

That's still around 50-60 people; what sort of illness or conditions were they suffering that wasn't treatable with base resources? Will there be any additional medical resources in place so as not to overburden surrounding hospitals?

"Twenty-five people have departed the camp. Most of those who left were American citizens, spouses or green card holders, who had already completed the above processes, including vaccinations, he said."

Most of them? What about the others? Why and how did they leave?

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Little birdie said they're ripping out toilets so they poop in a hole. Jeezzuzz.

Also, kind of funny they'd park a bunch of Afghani hillbillies right outside the ex vice presidents hometown.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Little birdie said they're ripping out toilets so they poop in a hole. Jeezzuzz.

Also, kind of funny they'd park a bunch of Afghani hillbillies right outside the ex vice presidents hometown.
    Pooping in a hole is the natural way to do it. The much more natural stance and much more effective

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pooping in a hole is the natural way to do it. The much more natural stance and much more effective
    I seriously doubt this is true. How does the poop get down the pipe once you deposit it in the hole? It’s likely gotta flow across a lateral before going down, so it’s a “one and done” move.
    Unless this is coming from somebody in maintenance who is having to put them back in after they try it once.
    If you really want to poop like that put yer feet on the seat! Lol

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I seriously doubt this is true. How does the poop get down the pipe once you deposit it in the hole? It’s likely gotta flow across a lateral before going down, so it’s a “one and done” move.
    Unless this is coming from somebody in maintenance who is having to put them back in after they try it once.
    If you really want to poop like that put yer feet on the seat! Lol

Top Bottom