• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    At the end of the day all of us have the right to buy or sale under the terms we are most comfortable with and that fall within the laws of the land. If you want to require NRA membership I suppose you could do that. I know guys that will only sell to friends/relatives with a receipt. Others just require the minimum required by law. I understand why someone would not want a LTCH and I also understand why someone might require it even if it's not required by law. As I stated earlier, if you reach out to the seller and explain that you are a law abiding Indiana resident without a felony conviction and OH BY THE WAY you're a combat veteran of the USMC my guess is you'll be shooting your new rifle in short order in most instances. Thats just my honest opinion.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    What everyone is getting at is that there is no way to know I it is not a fake or if it is valid... If you get your revoked I doubt the cops will come asking for it and if they do people make copies....
    If I remember correctly the revoked license process is not strictly enforced. A friend got a DUI. A week or so later a letter from ISP arrived said his LTCH was suspended pending review. It told him to surrender it but he never did. Some months later it was restored and he still had it. I'm sure if he would have had "official" contact they would have confiscated it. But he had it for almost a year and it was revoked the whole time. Nobody ever showed up at the door to take it. They didn't take it when he was arrested.

There is no way of knowing 100%. People can copy money and pass it for the real thing so why not a pink piece of paper with standard black font.
    Just my opinion.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok, this might get me flamed but here goes. ...

... But requiring a handgun license to purchase a rifle, I dunno.

You only have 21 posts at this time, therefore you should not even be using the classified section of INGO.

We don't know you. We don't know anything about you. When you get 50 quality posts, come back, then maybe someone will sell you a long arm without a LTCH. Maybe. But not me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    most guys will ask to see LTCH just to be sure they are not putting a firearm in the hands of a felon, the reason you dont need to do this for a gunshop purchase is that they do a NICS background check

This is no real way to be sure. As stated there are a lot of folks with suspended or copied "Pinks" out there.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    IC 35-47-2-5

Suspension or revocation of license; failure to return license; rules concerning procedure for suspending or revoking license
    Sec. 5. (a) The superintendent may suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter if he has reasonable grounds to believe that the person's license should be suspended or revoked.

(b) Documented evidence that a person is not a "proper person" to be licensed as defined by IC 35-47-1-7, or is prohibited under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter from being issued a license, shall be grounds for immediate suspension or revocation of a license previously issued under this chapter. However, if a license is suspended or revoked based solely on an arrest under section 3(g)(5) of this chapter, the license shall be reinstated upon the acquittal of the defendant in that case or upon the dismissal of the charges for the specific offense.

***(c) A person who fails to promptly return his license after written notice of suspension or revocation commits a Class A misdemeanor. The observation of a handgun license in the possession of a person whose license has been suspended or revoked constitutes a sufficient basis for the arrest of that person for violation of this subsection.***

(d) The superintendent shall establish rules under IC 4-22-2 concerning the procedure for suspending or revoking a person's license.

They are not going to come get it, you are required by law to return it upon suspension or revocation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doesn't matter if it's fake or not. When you're standing in court being sued for selling a felon a gun, your best defense would be something like "I looked at his drivers license and he had a LTCH" so a reasonable person would believe he was not prohibited from owning a gun.

Have you ever heard of this really happening. As I stated, they are not easily tracked by serial. The feds do not possess this info and neither does the state. They can track the serial to the LGS that sold the gun and they should have the purchase info but if the gun has changed hands it is lost in the system. Un-less someone drops dime on you there is no realistic way to put you in the loop.
    I am not advocating the selling of a gun to a known or even a suspected felon at all. I am just stating fact that it would be near impossible to trace.
    If a person comes across a proper it is the sellers call.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    You only have 21 posts at this time, therefore you should not even be using the classified section of INGO.

We don't know you. We don't know anything about you. When you get 50 quality posts, come back, then maybe someone will sell you a long arm without a LTCH. Maybe. But not me.

You failed to read my post a few pages back where I stated this had nothing to do with ingo classifieds. Another kneejerk post. No need to try your ****in new guy **** with me. The post was meant for rational discussion, not post fixing so I can get on here and sell my overpriced goods. :horse:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yup....part of the Vetting process.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    He's not specifically talking about INGO. Anybody can get on armslist, register and five minutes later either place an ad or respond to an ad. He doesn't want a LTCH and he wants to legally buy a long gun in a private transaction. That's it.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Have you ever heard of this really happening. As I stated, they are not easily tracked by serial. The feds do not possess this info and neither does the state. They can track the serial to the LGS that sold the gun and they should have the purchase info but if the gun has changed hands it is lost in the system. Un-less someone drops dime on you there is no realistic way to put you in the loop.
    I am not advocating the selling of a gun to a known or even a suspected felon at all. I am just stating fact that it would be near impossible to trace.
    If a person comes across a proper it is the sellers call.

If you do something wrong and have a gun taken by law enforcement and they ask you where you got the gun, it is not that difficult for law enforcement to find out who you bought the gun from. You will probably be able to tell them their INGO username, probably real name and possibly phone records. You would have no interest in "protecting" the person you purchased the firearm from.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    This is where the thread gets hi jacked, I get tired of repeating myself and go to bed.

In the morning I'll wake up to an evolved monster that somehow destroys me and gets me kicked off ingo. I'm done, good night, close the thread, whatever.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You failed to read my post a few pages back where I stated this had nothing to do with ingo classifieds. Another kneejerk post. No need to try your ****in new guy **** with me. The post was meant for rational discussion, not post fixing so I can get on here and sell my overpriced goods. :horse:

Right, and its posts like this that make us want to trust you :rolleyes:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm going to assume that those who require a LTCH to make a sale/purchase via the classifieds are in favor of "Universal Background Checks"?

...and before I get a bunch of sh*t for it, think it through. Most of you are arguing that you just want to make sure you are not selling to the "wrong" person, or that it just makes you feel more comfortable... that is, in essence, the erosion of our rights, from within.

The law currently states you are completely legal to sell to anyone as long as can reasonably assume they are legal, and an Indiana resident. Your feel-good policy of asking for a LTCH is basically the same as asking them to submit a 4473.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you do something wrong and have a gun taken by law enforcement and they ask you where you got the gun, it is not that difficult for law enforcement to find out who you bought the gun from. You will probably be able to tell them their INGO username, probably real name and possibly phone records. You would have no interest in "protecting" the person you purchased the firearm from.

You are not making any sense with this. If I sell a gun and the purchaser uses it in a felony they (LEO) can not trace it to you un-less the purchaser rats you out or you bought it new and even then they most times do not track it. Un-less something really crazy happens the seller is most likely not involved.
    Again...not saying it is safe/proper to sell to a felon or any questionable person. If you do a FTF and he looks like the theater shooter (obviously a troubled individual) you can change your mind and I have. Beyond that it is a private sale. JMHO. Do as you will. If that worried put your guns in a LGS on consignment and let them deal with the public. Simplest answer to the paranoid sellers fears.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Right, and its posts like this that make us want to trust you :rolleyes:

US? Are you truly the Grandmaster of INGO? You represent all? Judgement has been cast down from your holy high to the betrodden.

No trust to thee for yee have not 50 posts

You failed to read, you were made aware of it, now your feelings are hurt. Get over it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm going to assume that those who require a LTCH to make a sale/purchase via the classifieds are in favor of "Universal Background Checks"?

...and before I get a bunch of sh*t for it, think it through. Most of you are arguing that you just want to make sure you are not selling to the "wrong" person, or that it just makes you feel more comfortable... that is, in essence, the erosion of our rights, from within.

The law currently states you are completely legal to sell to anyone as long as can reasonably assume they are legal, and an Indiana resident. Your feel-good policy of asking for a LTCH is basically the same as asking them to submit a 4473.

This makes sense. As previously stated, the "Pink" is not an end all to the sellers security.

Again...JMHO

Top Bottom