• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Girl Scouts put out a statement that they're not affiliated with PP and have no association. So what evidence do you have to the contrary?
    Funny the word tricks they play to hide the truth from those with normalcy bias…

“Several years ago. a quarter of the Girl Scout councils nationwide admitted to partnering with Planned Parenthood, the nation’s abortion giant. When questioned about the affiliation on NBC’s “Today Show,” Girl Scout CEO Kathy Cloninger had no compunction in confirming it.”

“The Girl Scouts have been “pro-choice” for years, but now they’ve been caught supporting promiscuous sex for girls. The Planned Parenthood sex guide offered at that “girls only” U.N. meeting offered this advice on Page 11: “Some people have sex when they have been drinking alcohol or using drugs. This is your choice. … If you want to have sex and think you might get drunk or high, plan ahead by bringing condoms and lube or putting them close to where you usually have sex.”

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I used to help with the Boy Scouts at every opportunity. Financilly, and I would help the Scout Masters for events. For three freezing Klondike events, I worked the rifle range event. For the Girl Scouts I just bought cookies. I would often buy multiple boxes and take them to work for the crew. I figured it was an easy way to help the kids, and be good to the crew. I know that all of the girls scouts online stuff is carefully scripted to sound very middle of the road.

Three years ago my grand daughters joined up. I figured they would learn adventurous stuff, have fun with other little girls, maybe learn some manners and respect for the Flag and elders, maybe be inspired by outstanding women citizens of the past. None of that seemed to make the agenda. All they did was sell cookies under unreasonable pressure, and come home talking about mean conservatives that are trying to hurt all the innocent people that just want to love and be loved. "we have to fight to get that Trump guy out of office". Lots of conditioning. The younger of the two came home upset that she had been scolded for not selling enough cookies and that she was bad because she did not do her share to help fight the "phobic' people. Neither of the kids even knew what phobia was. With a little help from Grandma, The kids quickly found other things to do and I will not buy another cookie. On top of that, their CEO is paying herself almost $400,000 a year. No love in my house or bank account for the GSA.
    I, for one, am sick over the way Boy Scouts of A has turned out. It went from being a para-military organization to help prepare boys to be good men, to a rainbow parade to groom them for men.

Our first Scout Master was a WWII veteran Army NCO and a farmer. Often some of his Veteran buddies would also camp with us. This man kept volunteering long after his own boys were grown and gone, and our troop was very "old-school" scouting.

I can't imagine how this man would feel about the way things changed for BSA, or our country for that matter. I'm kind of glad for him he's not here to see it.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are plenty of articles out there.
    Thats not how it works. If you want to assert a position, you back it up with references. Its not my job to prove your statement is correct. its your job to prove it.
    Funny the word tricks they play to hide the truth from those with normalcy bias…

“Several years ago. a quarter of the Girl Scout councils nationwide admitted to partnering with Planned Parenthood, the nation’s abortion giant. When questioned about the affiliation on NBC’s “Today Show,” Girl Scout CEO Kathy Cloninger had no compunction in confirming it.”

“The Girl Scouts have been “pro-choice” for years, but now they’ve been caught supporting promiscuous sex for girls. The Planned Parenthood sex guide offered at that “girls only” U.N. meeting offered this advice on Page 11: “Some people have sex when they have been drinking alcohol or using drugs. This is your choice. … If you want to have sex and think you might get drunk or high, plan ahead by bringing condoms and lube or putting them close to where you usually have sex.”

Thanks. I'll give it a read.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Yep, as I said above local groups can partner with them. The national organization does not.

As for that guide, it was distributed without GSA approval or knowledge.

Did GSUSA distribute a Planned Parenthood brochure at a United Nations event?

No, we did not. In 2010, GSUSA took part in the 54th Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. Our participation in that conference was the subject of numerous Internet stories and blogs that were factually inaccurate and troubling. Girl Scouts had no knowledge of the brochure in question and played no role in distributing it.
    https://www.girlscouts.org/en/footer/faq/social-isues-faq.html

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Yes, and it’s annoying as f#ck
    Know what else is annoying as f#ck?

A bunch of grown ass adults acting like effing children arguing over effing girl scout cookies. All because they cant leave well enough alone and HAVE to be right. Dammit people, I swear its worse than my 2 teenage boys who always fight because they just have to be the one who is right and will keep going until the other one gives up. Except nobody gives up because they have to prove that they have the bigger d#ck.

Seriously grow the **** up.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I do not have the time to back and find every article I have read over many years. I you do not believe it keep funding the indoctrination of girls and abuse selling their cookies.

Why on earth does anyone think those cookies are good anyway? Must not have ever had fresh homemade cookies. LOL
    Of course you don't have time, because your views are absurd and baseless.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think normalcy bias has anything to do with it. I don't need it to be normal. WTF even is normal these days? I just need it to be the truth before I decide to believe it. The truth is what it is regardless of what you or I want it to be. So I'd just as figure out what that is rather than just believe. Girl Scouts or their cookies, are not something I care a whole lot about. But if you want me to believe something it would help if you have something that proves it.

If it's a quarter of the Girl Scout councils nation wide, what about the other 3/4? If you would otherwise support the GS, what about those? And if you don't care about the GS anyway, why are we even discussing this? :dunno:

What is lifenews and what reasons would they have to lie? It's one of the questions I ask myself about a given source of political/controversial information. Do they have a reason to lie? If so, is there another source that doesn't have a reason to lie?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Know what else is annoying as f#ck?

A bunch of grown ass adults acting like effing children arguing over effing girl scout cookies. All because they cant leave well enough alone and HAVE to be right. Dammit people, I swear its worse than my 2 teenage boys who always fight because they just have to be the one who is right and will keep going until the other one gives up. Except nobody gives up because they have to prove that they have the bigger d#ck.

Seriously grow the **** up.
    It's a boring part of the discussion, but here we are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really though, how the **** did we get from what turns you off from buying something to oh no! girl scout cookies! :runaway:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If it's a quarter of the Girl Scout councils nation wide, what about the other 3/4? If you would otherwise support the GS, what about those? And if you don't care about the GS anyway, why are we even discussing this? :dunno:
    If a quarter of Chevy dealers were racist would GM get a pass because 3/4 of them were not? Nope, nor should they.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What is lifenews and what reasons would they have to lie? It's one of the questions I ask myself about a given source of political/controversial information. Do they have a reason to lie? If so, is there another source that doesn't have a reason to lie?
    So I guess it comes down to do you believe lifenews or GSA? Which one has a bigger reason to lie?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If a quarter of Chevy dealers were racist would GM get a pass because 3/4 of them were not? Nope, nor should they.
    First, in todays world of wokeness, no GM would not get a pass.

But if we didn't live in lala land, why would that be Chevy's fault? And if a car manufacturers dealers were racists, I'm pretty sure it'd be Ford in that predicament! :laugh6:

Seriously, if my Chevy or, okay, F***ed Over Rebuilt Dodge dealer isn't racist, why would I associate racist dealers with the manufacturer, and not just the individual dealers? Are we collectivists now?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Really though, how the **** did we get from what turns you off from buying something to oh no! girl scout cookies! :runaway:
    You know how vegans, CrossFit, and pro-vaxxers just have to tell everyone who they are? Well certain people walk around with their dicks in their hand trying to show it to everyone in the same manor and turn EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. into a giant **** show.

Welcome to INGO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. It's turned into a political topic and this is the break room. Maybe a motivated :): mod could delete the political posts. I mean not the F O R D post. The whole purpose of that post was to do the F***ed Over Rebuilt Dodge bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom