• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    True. And I won't rule out local troops and such interacting, but for the organization as a whole all I've seen is misrepresentations.

So, AFAIK the following info is accurate; if anyone has better knowledge or research, feel free to correct me:

1) Nationally, Girl Scouts of USA does not have any official or public relationship with Planned Parenthood.

HOWEVER

2) Girls Scouts of USA does publish material, post things on social media, etc, that promote pro-abortion advocates, many of whom are affiliated with PP (such as Margaret Sanger, who founded PP) and encourages girls to research them and hold them as examples of strong women.

3) Locally, many councils partner with PP for things like sex ed programs, etc.

4) The World Association of Girl Guides and Girls Scouts which is the parent/global organization for Girl Scouts of USA has partnered with PP on various initiatives to promote contraception and abortion globally.

A good article with a ton of links to supporting documentation here:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    True. And I won't rule out local troops and such interacting, but for the organization as a whole all I've seen is misrepresentations.
    I used to help with the Boy Scouts at every opportunity. Financilly, and I would help the Scout Masters for events. For three freezing Klondike events, I worked the rifle range event. For the Girl Scouts I just bought cookies. I would often buy multiple boxes and take them to work for the crew. I figured it was an easy way to help the kids, and be good to the crew. I know that all of the girls scouts online stuff is carefully scripted to sound very middle of the road.

Three years ago my grand daughters joined up. I figured they would learn adventurous stuff, have fun with other little girls, maybe learn some manners and respect for the Flag and elders, maybe be inspired by outstanding women citizens of the past. None of that seemed to make the agenda. All they did was sell cookies under unreasonable pressure, and come home talking about mean conservatives that are trying to hurt all the innocent people that just want to love and be loved. "we have to fight to get that Trump guy out of office". Lots of conditioning. The younger of the two came home upset that she had been scolded for not selling enough cookies and that she was bad because she did not do her share to help fight the "phobic' people. Neither of the kids even knew what phobia was. With a little help from Grandma, The kids quickly found other things to do and I will not buy another cookie. On top of that, their CEO is paying herself almost $400,000 a year. No love in my house or bank account for the GSA.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So, AFAIK the following info is accurate; if anyone has better knowledge or research, feel free to correct me:

1) Nationally, Girl Scouts of USA does not have any official or public relationship with Planned Parenthood.

HOWEVER

2) Girls Scouts of USA does publish material, post things on social media, etc, that promote pro-abortion advocates, many of whom are affiliated with PP (such as Margaret Sanger, who founded PP) and encourages girls to research them and hold them as examples of strong women.
    Yes, they do promote some people that are pro-abortion advocates. But not for that reason. As an example Gloria Steinen, they promote her earlier works in woman's lib. They did list a speech by Margaret Sanger as one of a list of famous women's rights speeches. ETA GSUSA didn't list a speech by Sanger, an GS troop listed a link to a website on pinterest that has a page listing that speech and that speech didn't mention abortion.
    3) Locally, many councils partner with PP for things like sex ed programs, etc.
    Yes, as I stated above.
    4) The World Association of Girl Guides and Girls Scouts which is the parent/global organization for Girl Scouts of USA has partnered with PP on various initiatives to promote contraception and abortion globally.

A good article with a ton of links to supporting documentation here:
    It's not exactly the parent/global organization for GSUSA, it's closer to the UN. It's an organization where the various GG/GS Scout organizations can get together.

Quite a few of the links are dead, but one criticizes them for listing being a lawyer (such as for the ACLU) as being a career in which you can work for advocacy. They also listed Dr. (as for Doctors without borders).

Three years ago my grand daughters joined up. I figured they would learn adventurous stuff, have fun with other little girls, maybe learn some manners and respect for the Flag and elders, maybe be inspired by outstanding women citizens of the past. None of that seemed to make the agenda. All they did was sell cookies under unreasonable pressure, and come home talking about mean conservatives that are trying to hurt all the innocent people that just want to love and be loved. "we have to fight to get that Trump guy out of office". Lots of conditioning. The younger of the two came home upset that she had been scolded for not selling enough cookies and that she was bad because she did not do her share to help fight the "phobic' people. Neither of the kids even knew what phobia was. With a little help from Grandma, The kids quickly found other things to do and I will not buy another cookie. On top of that, their CEO is paying herself almost $400,000 a year. No love in my house or bank account for the GSA.
    That is a problem with the local troop. Not all are like that. If someone has problems with a local troop, they can form their own. Seriously, I've known people that have done it. ETA I haven't seen any of the problems you listed in my daughter's troop, yes they do push to sell cookies but the boy scout troop my son was in pushed to sell popcorn. No scout was shamed or scolded for not selling enough by either troop. The reason for the push is that is where the troop gets the money for equipment/outings/etc.

Ever check out BSA CEO pay? Depending on which one, it goes higher than $400k.
    Mr. Williams’ salary, deferred compensation, and retirement benefits. Mr. Williams’ annual salary effective April 1, 2007, would have been $598,300, but he retired on September 1, 2007, therefore he was paid a salary of $404,078. His annual salary would have been in line with other organizations of similar size and scope as the BSA.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have not supported what had become of the Boy Scouts since they became what they are today. They used to be a fine organization. The BSA, like everything else the left has infiltrated has been ruined. The local church has a group called Royal Rangers. My grandsons have aged out of the scouts and I don't even go to that church, but my friend spent years leading the troop, so I just send them donations.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have not supported what had become of the Boy Scouts since they became what they are today. They used to be a fine organization. The BSA, like everything else the left has infiltrated has been ruined. The local church has a group called Royal Rangers. My grandsons have aged out of the scouts and I don't even go to that church, but my friend spent years leading the troop, so I just send them donations.
    Our church had something similar that my brother and I participated in when were young. It was called "Cadets"

Reactions: Leo

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    not a deal breaker, but anytime I see "I have this much $ invested..." in a classified ad I automatically start thinking the ad is way overpriced.
    And people assuming the rifle they custom built to their own individual taste is equally worth something to somebody else.

If you want to move the gun, Strip it back to factory, and sell your upgrades separately.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dude. Show your work. Are GS lying on their website?

"Does GSUSA have a relationship with Planned Parenthood?
    No, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood."
    I do not have the time to back and find every article I have read over many years. I you do not believe it keep funding the indoctrination of girls and abuse selling their cookies.

Why on earth does anyone think those cookies are good anyway? Must not have ever had fresh homemade cookies. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I do not have the time to back and find every article I have read over many years. I you do not believe it keep funding the indoctrination of girls and abuse selling their cookies.

Why on earth does anyone think those cookies are good anyway? Must not have ever had fresh homemade cookies. LOL
    If you can’t back your claims, don’t make them.

That’s what commie pinko liberals do. ;)

And for the record Do Si Dos are better than nutter butters.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you can’t back your claims, don’t make them.

That’s what commie pinko liberals do. ;)

And for the record Do Si Dos are better than nutter butters.
    Just shut it. I can say what I read and do not have to explain myself to you. If you want to discuss then discuss, if you do not want to believe it say it, but don’t tell me what I can say. You don’t run this…

No commie pinkos tell others what they cannot say…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just shut it. I can say what I read and do not have to explain myself to you. If you want to discuss then discuss, if you do not want to believe it say it, but don’t tell me what I can say. You don’t run this…

No commie pinkos tell others what they cannot say…
    I just expect you to be able to back up your claims.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We all see a lot information, I recall seeing what I said. I guess the the definition of what GS is varies. By my definition if the national says the locals can partner with PP and distribute PP materials that are affiliated.
    I've seen a lot of info, most is BS or completely twisted. National sets requirements for badges and such, and tells the locals what they can't do in uniform for the most part. They don't tell them who they can partner with. That is a decision made at the local level.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yes, and it’s annoying as f#ck
    So, about that...

I asked an ENT colleague about it when I saw a patient with a complication of it. He said the companies that do it are partnered with, or owned by, the company who makes the medical device used. They go out and recruit docs to start businesses doing the procedure using their device.

All with questionable benefit to the patient. The reason they have to advertise so much is docs aren't referring their own patients to have the procedure done.

When's the last time you heard a cardiologist group trying to drum up heart cath business on the radio?

@HoughMade is this your understanding also?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, about that...

I asked an ENT colleague about it when I saw a patient with a complication of it. He said the companies that do it are partnered with, or owned by, the company who makes the medical device used. They go out and recruit docs to start businesses doing the procedure using their device.

All with questionable benefit to the patient. The reason they have to advertise so much is docs aren't referring their own patients to have the procedure done.

When's the last time you heard a cardiologist group trying to drum up heart cath business on the radio?

@HoughMade is this your understanding also?
    I was wondering where that was going. So I guess this happens a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom