• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    It is just so absurd that people could support having unsecure borders. It is dangerous for every one of us and our entire government process. Whether you are a complete supporter of how things are here or not there is no sustainable way to keep our systems operating when there are so many illegals weighing it down and undermining it. I think we could all use a reevaluation of what direction we are headed in as a whole, it is very concerning for the wellbeing of the United States and its citizens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    From IM's article...

“The right way to think about a country is like a pro sports team. It’s like, okay, you want to get the ace players on your team and you certainly don’t want to force them to fight against you on the other team. That’s crazy. If you add some of these players to the team that’s going to help you win the championship and it helps the whole team so I’m very much in favor of a greatly expanded legal immigration system.

I don't think "ace players" are sneaking across the border.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    These mostly aren't people fleeing oppression or other ills, but people coming here for "free stuff". Even if we can't close the border, we could end the invasion simply by making it illegal to provide any aid to these people whatsoever and then following it strictly. You employ someone illegal and you go to jail. You, as a state employee give welfare or benefits to these people, you go to jail. Would end the issue quickly and we would have to deport them as they would leave willingly (not all but a large percentage).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see mass deportations and a close border as well.
    Require every employer to use E-verify and make all fines for noncompliance 1/2 the gross value of the company for each occurrence of a violation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

How do they define "free rent"? Are apartments owned by connected companies paid with tax money for the purpose of housing illegals? This sounds more like the virtue signaling gravy train, maybe including kick backs to the local political machine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    So what? If they drown trying to illegally cross into our country, I'm sorry for them but not sorry they didn't make access to our country.
    I can't be certain, but it seems they drowned in Mexico. They certainly didn't need to wade into the river. Choices, consequences. Sad, but not America's fault.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It is just so absurd that people could support having unsecure borders. It is dangerous for every one of us and our entire government process. Whether you are a complete supporter of how things are here or not there is no sustainable way to keep our systems operating when there are so many illegals weighing it down and undermining it. I think we could all use a reevaluation of what direction we are headed in as a whole, it is very concerning for the wellbeing of the United States and its citizens.
    They're Marxists at heart, they don't want to keep our systems operating. They want to overload the systems so they break down and use the unrest when that happens to install a communist system

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    So, as I understand this, aa three-judge 5th Circuit panel ruled that the Feds could make Texas remove the floating buoy wall, but 17 circuit judges just voted to review that decision, so the buoys stay for now. Good.

If push comes to shove, how does the fed “make” the state remove the barriers if the state puts armed guards on the border along with armed citizens that have been deputized? Time to take a stand and see if the fed or the state fires the first round.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If push comes to shove, how does the fed “make” the state remove the barriers if the state puts armed guards on the border along with armed citizens that have been deputized? Time to take a stand and see if the fed or the state fires the first round.
    Scary thought but we're damn near there. We need the states to push back the fed. It's really the only political solution to where we're at. My gut says Texas will claim a deal was reached and allow the feds in. Or, dark conspiracy theory, the fed enters Mexico and approaches the area from the Mexican side; maybe throw in a false-flag claim of "Texas shot at us. They shot at the feds!" "Texas is killing migrants!" blah blah.

Top Bottom