• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Careful with stats. I haven't done any of the research but taking your chart on face value only, that is the percentage of recipients on welfare by demographic group NOT percentage of the population of that demographic group on welfare.

I don't deny that a higher percentage of a given race is on welfare than another. I just don't get why the hostility against is primarily directed toward one race.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't deny that a higher percentage of a given race is on welfare than another. I just don't get why the hostility against is primarily directed toward one race.

We've all gotten accustomed to some form of government handout, grant, subsidy, guaranteed loan, or benefit. The pot's gotten warmer very slowly so the frogs don't jump out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We've all gotten accustomed to some form of government handout, grant, subsidy, guaranteed loan, or benefit. The pot's gotten warmer very slowly so the frogs don't jump out.
    Douche bags like Bundy spout idiotic nonsense like this and we wonder why the left is upset about a Supreme Court decision on Michigan affirmative action.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Douche bags like Bundy spout idiotic nonsense like this and we wonder why the left is upset about a Supreme Court decision on Michigan affirmative action.
    The use of the term "the Negro" is rare among mainstream America. The feeling that the government has impoverished black people is pretty common, which if you listen to the unedited version, seems to be Bundy's point. AA won't fix that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The use of the term "the Negro" is rare among mainstream America. The feeling that the government has impoverished black people is pretty common, which if you listen to the unedited version, seems to be Bundy's point. AA won't fix that.

The question is, why did Bundy choose to single out black people? Is this a problem that is unique to them?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You're joking right? Anyone that implies that slavery is a better situation for a particular race, than anything else, is in fact a racist.

I sounds to me like what he is saying is that the present situation in the inner city is no better than slavery in any regard and has the additional disadvantages of not having an owner with a vested interest in providing for the well-being of those involved. That isn't a popular thing to say, but it does have merit. Fact of the matter, the point where the welfare state meets slavery seems to differ only in that the slaves are confined to the plantation through economics rather than direct force and are not forced to work but rather to vote in exchange for their pittance. In fact, the welfare state is a tool of keeping people down by denying them the skills and personal development to change, and creating a vicious cycle which perpetuates the problem all as a tool to promote the political power of people who profess to help them while in fact not giving a damn beyond using them as tools for that purpose.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I sounds to me like what he is saying is that the present situation in the inner city is no better than slavery in any regard and has the additional disadvantages of not having an owner with a vested interest in providing for the well-being of those involved. That isn't a popular thing to say, but it does have merit. Fact of the matter, the point where the welfare state meets slavery seems to differ only in that the slaves are confined to the plantation through economics rather than direct force and are not forced to work but rather to vote in exchange for their pittance. In fact, the welfare state is a tool of keeping people down by denying them the skills and personal development to change, and creating a vicious cycle which perpetuates the problem all as a tool to promote the political power of people who profess to help them while in fact not giving a damn beyond using them as tools for that purpose.

It has ZERO merit. Those that endured slavery in America are in no way comparable to people that are on welfare. I have yet to see welfare justify murder, rape, assault, kidnapping, or forced displacement. A welfare recipient can get a job and leave the system if they wanted. Slaves didn't have that option. Don't disrespect my ancestors with such nonsense. They endured a bell of a lot more than a welfare moocher.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're joking right? Anyone that implies that slavery is a better situation for a particular race, than anything else, is in fact a racist.

He didn't say that slavery is a better situation than anything else. He said that slavery may be better than being impoverished. I think that point is overstated, but not racist. Why would someone forced to do labor at the end of a whip not rather trade with the people to whom Bundy was referring? I guess if you listen to the media edited version first it may be hard to see a difference in tone.

The question is, why did Bundy choose to single out black people? Is this a problem that is unique to them?

I said, "The feeling that the government has impoverished black people is pretty common, which if you listen to the unedited version, seems to be Bundy's point. AA won't fix that."

I don't know the full context of the video, even the unedited version. I don't know why Bundy was talking about race. I don't know if he was just doing a mind dump of his philosophy of everything, or if the question was asked, or if the conversation just turned towards race. But if the subject is black people, why should his comments not be about that? Is it racist for white people to discuss black people? Is it racist for black people to discuss white people? I think it's easy to find what looks like racism when you look for it in every nook and cranny.

Race will continue to matter until it becomes as unimportant as different hair color, among ALL races.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It has ZERO merit. Those that endured slavery in America are in no way comparable to people that are on welfare. I have yet to see welfare justify murder, rape, assault, kidnapping, or forced displacement. A welfare recipient can get a job and leave the system if they wanted. Slaves didn't have that option. Don't disrespect my ancestors with such nonsense. They endured a bell of a lot more than a welfare moocher.

Welfare doesn't justify it, but it subsidizes a situation in which all those things happen, often with little or no official intervention (again, think of Detroit). So far as I am concerned, perpetuating the things that happen in inner cities for political gain is every bit as evil as slavery. While you are technically correct about the welfare recipient having the option to leave, how are they going to do it when after a couple of generations there, they don't have the foggiest idea how to do it, nor do they know anyone who can teach them? I did not mean to take lightly the plight of your ancestors. My point is that our 'improvements' over that time are often cosmetic in nature and exchange chains made of iron for chains made of economic and social forces which self-reproduce creating so many of the problems we now have. That, compounded with inherent distrust of outsiders which I find very understandable, creates a trap which is extremely difficult to escape.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Quoted for emphasis, as I just found the video myself this morning and was going to post it before smokingman beat me to it.

And you think this makes him look NOT racist?

Oh boy.

He blames the government for his perceived laziness of black people and believes slavery is preferable to welfare.....this means he is NOT racist? By the way, claiming that slavery resulted in better family life for slaves? That proves he is, at best, wholly ignorant of what slavery did to people. The fact that he says some positive things about Hispanic people means he couldn't possibly be racist? C'mon. Edited, yes. False impression? No.

...and anyone here who wants to go down the path of "well slavery may be better than life in the 'hood..." You should be ashamed of yourselves. #1 You have a weirdly romanticized vision of slavery. #2 You inaccurately believe that everyone in "the hood" is on the edge of death all the time...not true. #3 You believe that security, abusive, violent, security is preferable to freedom. really? #4 You fail to realize that issues with intact families today are also results of slavery, not welfare alone....and on and on.

It's impossible to miss the idea that he equates "black" with "on welfare". He doesn't talk only about people on welfare or poor black people on welfare. He referred to the issues with the "Negro" as if all black people have the same issues and challenges....and are on welfare. Yeah, he's a hero of racial equality.

Because some have chosen sides with Bundy, now he'll be defended NO MATTER WHAT. How is that any different from the low information Obama supporters who don't care what he's done, but support him anyway....mainly because of symbolism?

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Oh boy.

He blames the government for his perceived laziness of black people and believes slavery is preferable to welfare.....this means he is NOT racist? By the way, claiming that slavery resulted in better family life for slaves? That proves he is, at best, wholly ignorant of what slavery did to people. The fact that he says some positive things about Hispanic people means he couldn't possibly be racist? C'mon. Edited, yes. False impression? No.

...and anyone here who wants to go down the path of "well slavery may be better than life in the 'hood..." You should be ashamed of yourselves. #1 You have a weirdly romanticized vision of slavery. #2 You inaccurately believe that everyone in "the hood" is on the edge of death all the time...not true. #3 You believe that security, abusive, violent, security is preferable to freedom. really? #4 You fail to realize that issues with intact families today are also results of slavery, not welfare alone....and on and on.

It's impossible to miss the idea that he equates "black" with "on welfare". He doesn't talk only about people on welfare or poor black people on welfare. He referred to the issues with the "Negro" as if all black people have the same issues and challenges....and are on welfare. Yeah, he's a hero of racial equality.

Because some have chosen sides with Bundy, now he'll be defended NO MATTER WHAT. How is that any different from the low information Obama supporters who don't care what he's done, but support him anyway....mainly because of symbolism?

You've sure got that dumb rancher pegged Houghmade. He's nothing but a rural farmer and he doesn't have your college education. He can't even talk on camera for two weeks without saying something that shooting himself in the foot a half dozen times.

Have a martini and call it a week, you've made your point.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I expect more from anyone, rural farmer or not. Both sets of my grandparents were "rural farmers"....and believe it or not, weren't racists and did not hold views like him. Both of my parents grew up on farms....likewise, not racist. I know, it's hard to believe. So Bundy's problem was being dumb enough to say what he really thinks on camera?

Do people really need a "college education" to understand that each human being should be evaluated based on what he or she does rather than as a group? I kind of don't think so....I believed that when I was a dumb rural kid living out in farm country, long before college.

...and Coke or Schweppes Ginger Ale are more my speed.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I expect more from anyone, rural farmer or not. Both sets of my grandparents were "rural farmers"....and believe it or not, weren't racists and did not hold views like him. Both of my parents grew up on farms....likewise, not racist. I know, it's hard to believe. So Bundy's problem was being dumb enough to say what he really thinks on camera?

Do people really need a "college education" to understand that each human being should be evaluated based on what he or she does rather than as a group? I kind of don't think so....I believed that when I was a dumb rural kid living out in farm country, long before college.

...and Coke or Schweppes Ginger Ale are more my speed.

If your grandfather was under national attention and all this stress with cameras and microphones would he have made two weeks without saying something that came out wrong? You might, but your job is to say the correct thing. This guy's job is raising and moving cattle.

I see a farmer trying to say that the current conditions facing the poor urban black family is even worse than slavery because during slavery at least they worked and had their families. I think he's wrong in his analysis because slavemasters could rape and murder and split families up and sell them literally down the river. I think he's wrong, but I don't see the point in crucifying him over it.

Some of you seem to be taking an inordinate amount of delight in the problems of some stranger. Maybe the guy's a jerk, maybe he is in the wrong with the grazing situation. I don't know. Maybe he is a racist.

They said Weaver was a racist and Koresh a child molester.
    Even if Bundy is full of these faults I don't want to see his house burned down and his wife shot by Lon.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If he's speaking to the media, why isn't he on topic with his situation? He might as well have been talking about baseball if he's talking about black people hanging out on porches.

By flapping his gums on race, he's done far more to set back liberty than to help it. Right, wrong or indifferent, his mouth has proven the point of those who sided with the government and not with him.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Oh boy.

Black Bundy Bodyguard: He's Not A Racist; "I'd Take A Bullet For That Man" | Video | RealClearPolitics
    CNN REPORTER: You're protecting this man and he's wondering whether African-Americans would be better off as slaves. How does that strike you?

JASON BULLOCK, BODYGUARD FOR CLIVEN BUNDY: It doesn't strike me any kind of way. This is still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.

CNN REPORTER: But aren't those offensive comments to you

BULLOCK: Not at all.

CNN REPORTER: Not offensive?

BULLOCK: Because Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I've been here he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treated me like his own family.

More at the link.

Top Bottom